TSN: Sekeres says Canucks are no longer being considered by Lucic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
On one hand I'm happy we avoided a terrible Lucic contract, on the other hand this probably means Benning panics and offers an even worse contract to Eriksson.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
But it appears Loui Eriksson is in Benning's sight. Per Sekeres.

I'm beginning to think I'm Jim Benning!

I says don't pick Tkabust. The genius better known as Jim Benning didn't take Tkabust.

I says if Dubois is gone take the best defenseman. The genius better known as Jim Benning takes the best defenseman.

I says sign World Champion Eriksson to find magic with the twins again. The genius better known as Jim Benning is trying to sign World Champion Eriksson.

Now I'm thinking the Canucks should sign another BC boy if it's economical. I'll see what the genius better known as Jim Benning has in mind for Troy?

Us high IQ individuals may be very happy tomorrow.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
UFAs are generally overpaid. More news at 11.

If the Canucks truly somehow wouldn't benefit from Lucic running roughshod up and down the wing and bringing toughness to the lineup, then great news. Move on in a different direction with a different player.

If the Oilers DO sign him, let all the haters hate. The Oilers DO need this type of player, happily confess it, and will be willing to pay in order to obtain those services.

It's the game. Play it or back away from the table. But while fans may well sit back and laugh, they'll privately be gnashing their teeth at the fact their squad still has the hole the Oilers will have filled. Unless there's someone else of the same vein out there...

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

I says don't pick Tkabust. The genius better known as Jim Benning didn't take Tkabust.

I says if Dubois is gone take the best defenseman. The genius better known as Jim Benning takes the best defenseman.

I says sign World Champion Eriksson to find magic with the twins again. The genius better known as Jim Benning is trying to sign World Champion Eriksson.

Now I'm thinking the Canucks should sign another BC boy if it's economical. I'll see what the genius better known as Jim Benning has in mind for Troy?

Jim? Jim is that you?

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Where are all the Nuck fans who were certain he was coming?

And nobody ever answered what the hell Ryan Miller was going to do anyways.

Ryan Miller is going to play for us next year and then go to free agency.. Am I missing something here?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I keep reading about "lack of footspeed"

Lucic isnt slow... he is kind of awkward to watch, but he gets around pretty fast.
He played basically with Kopitar / Gaborik and Carter / Toffoli all of last year and dude was driving the play most of the time.

The value with Lucic, besides his hitting and toughness, is his net front presence...
He scored 20 but i swear another 20 goals were the direct result of his screens and front net disruptions.

Guy was a huge contributor to the Kings 100+ pt season last year.

I dont think he about to fall off a cliff as bad as some of you are predicting.

He was not driving play most of the time...Kopitar drives the play.

He's a great player though and is not slow per se, but rather not terribly quick out of the blocks. Straight line speed is solid once he gets going.

As for the poster that said this won't go down like Brown's contract because Lucic is 28, well, check out how old Brown was when he signed his current deal. Doesn't mean Lucic will turn into a shell of himself, but the age argument does not hold up.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
6.5 + is way too much for him... he might be effective first 2-3 yrs.. then hes gonna go downhill.. another clarkson 2.0..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow. No wonder UFA's will go to Edmonton. They're using that oil money to overpay everyone!

Lucic is going to be good for 3-4 years at best. Big men like him who play the way he does don't have careers past the age of 30. He'll be a 30 point guy in a couple of years.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I could justify 6 X 6 structured like this so he could be traded after four years to a budget team if necessary.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What will a desperate Jim Benning do?

He has 15M in cap space and is gunning for the playoffs with a roster that finished 27th last year. Oh boy

This has Thomas Vanek and Alexander Semin written all over it. Benning gets 2 wingers who can "keep up" to the Sedin's.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

If you thought you were trading for Minnesota's Granlund and got Calgary's instead, you might be Jim Benning.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I know everyone keeps harping on Lucic's body breaking down by year 4 etc etc., but are these same people not afraid of what Loui Eriksson might sign for? I could easily see him getting between 6-7Mx7 and that will take him until he's 37 years old. Seems like he could easily be just as risky of a contract.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Bob Mackenzie reporting Edmonton's offering something around:

7 years for 6-6.5 million per year.

If that's the deal that goes down, I can't wait for Oilers fans to say he signed there and took a discount because he wants to play with McDavid, or because the 'new stadium is state of the art', or whatever else Lucic will say in his press conference instead of saying no one else came close to the Edmonton Moneybags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad