Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I doubt they do it with the way the defense is playing right now, but I'd love to see them activate Elam versus the Dolphins. He played extremely well against them last year and his brand of press coverage is proven to be the best way to disrupt Hill and Waddle. Even if he's not starting, I'd rather have that ace in the back pocket to deploy if things look ugly early.
I think there is a very good chance Elam is activated and Poona Ford and someone else is inactive. Were they shopping Kingsley Johnathan maybe (for a 7th?) for when Von is back ?

I was in 316 Row 18 in the Club Level. Great seats at the Bills Mafia Takeover!
better than Takeo Spikes seat at the Ralph :D
1695674686644.png

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The only thing that bothered me about the win against the Commanders was Allen needed to make some real tough throws to keep the offense going. I'd like to see Dorsey scheme some easier throws. Not every route needs to break at 10 yards. I'd love to see Sherfield and Diggs on more slants, for example.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I don't. I miss the days of old when the O-Line was a tire-fire, and Allen was scrambling for his life. Those were great times.
And he'd still be good enough to give us a chance but then the coach decides that he needs to hand the ball to the rb 6 times in a row or something...

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

should get very interesting later in the year if Williams can take a step or at least next season
Williams - Bernard - Milano

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The only thing that bothered me about the win against the Commanders was Allen needed to make some real tough throws to keep the offense going. I'd like to see Dorsey scheme some easier throws. Not every route needs to break at 10 yards. I'd love to see Sherfield and Diggs on more slants, for example.
I was a bit concerned the offense only had 16 points after the defense caused 3 or 4 TOs. Two of those drives were killed by penalties. They need to convert more FGs to TDs to beat the Phins. Also, it felt like it took a while to really get the running game going, though I appreciate Dorsey sticking with it. I wasn't as glued into he game as usual since I was watching my little guy, too. It seemed like they were having sustained drives, at least.

Only concern for the defense was once again giving up a huge run. I really worry what the Phins running game can do to this defense. They have a ton of speed.

Overall, there were a lot of positives to take away from that game. The defense was great for the most part. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll hit another level, but need to see them against a bettet offense.

Finally, Bass once again showing why I rock his jersey. He's as consistent as it gets. What are the odds he goes down as the best kicker in Bills history?!

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I love how all last year, no one would acknowledge that Allen played terrible for 8 games because of a UCL injury. But this year, all the announcers are doing is blaming Burrows poor performance on a hammy injury.

If the dude is that injured it is insanely irresponsible and not in the teams best interest to play him. With chase, Higgins, and Boyd, they’d be better off with a limited backup rather than Burrow at 50%. Not fair to the team or the player.

But hey, as a bills fan, keep him out there!

PS - if they don’t call this an incomplete pass, the fix is in.

Well, the fix is in.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I love how all last year, no one would acknowledge that Allen played terrible for 8 games because of a UCL injury. But this year, all the announcers are doing is blaming Burrows poor performance on a hammy injury.

If the dude is that injured it is insanely irresponsible and not in the teams best interest to play him. With chase, Higgins, and Boyd, they’d be better off with a limited backup rather than Burrow at 50%. Not fair to the team or the player.

But hey, as a bills fan, keep him out there!

PS - if they don’t call this an incomplete pass, the fix is in.

Well, the fix is in.

Also, Allen could throw more than 10 yards with a bad calf. Burrow looks terrible

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not sure if the drop-off from a super injured Burrow who's struggling to throw more than 10 yards downfield to Jake Browning is big enough to warrant Cincy's refusal to let Joe get healthy.

Rams o-line is just putrid

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Again...this team needs to go all in for Mike Evans next year. He is EXACTLY what Josh needs. Dude is still a top 8 WR year in year out. Allen-Cook-Diggs-Evans-Kincaid-Knox best offense in the league.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I doubt they move away from base nickel.

My guess is Williams develops into the primary backup at both the MLB & WLB spots.
Can they afford another Milano extension ? That may also be a determining factor and of course how Williams develops.

I have seen some rumblings that they may want to transition to more 3LB sets. Johnson's durability and reliability at nickel cannot last forever either unless they find a clone.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Again...this team needs to go all in for Mike Evans next year. He is EXACTLY what Josh needs. Dude is still a top 8 WR year in year out. Allen-Cook-Diggs-Evans-Kincaid-Knox best offense in the league.
It's looking like another great draft class for receiver as well. I keep thinking Beane will extend his guy any week now, but I "think" there are better options.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Can they afford another Milano extension ? That may also be a determining factor and of course how Williams develops.

I have seen some rumblings that they may want to transition to more 3LB sets. Johnson's durability and reliability at nickel cannot last forever either unless they find a clone.
I doubt this happens. Good NBs aren't a complete rarity & Johnson isn't exactly old anyway.

We're also seeing coverage LBs get smaller & speedier - so it might even turn into a question of semantics / position designation more than anything else.

It's looking like another great draft class for receiver as well. I keep thinking Beane will extend his guy any week now, but I "think" there are better options.
If Beane wants to allocate cap to the position - resigning Davis makes all the sense, as opposed to signing a much older, more expensive, unfamiliar player in Evans.

If he doesn't want to allocate cap there - then a day 1/day 2 pick makes most sense.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
4 verts is open.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Milano just signed an extension and is under contract through 2026. My guess is they keep Milano around as long as he's productive.

TJ is only 27yo and he is a candidate for an extension before next season as he has a sizable jump in his cap hit for the last year of his current deal.

I will believe the Bills are moving away from base nickel D when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad