Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah, maybe I was counting FGs as stops. You guys are probably right.

It's nice to see James Cook thriving. Hope that continues and some of the other RBs have some big games too.
2.PNG

If you take out the two end of game drives, they have 8 TDs, 4 FGs, 2 turnover on downs, 2 punts, and 1 INT in 17 drives.

An offense scoring points on 70% of offensive drives is about as consistent as you can reasonably expect, IMO.

Capture.PNG

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I actually do think the Bills are going to win this weekend. I have a lot of faith in our secondary to shut down the Dolphins enough to the point where they'll score points and get their yards, but not to the point of beating the Bills. I'm thinking they'll win 31-21.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
View attachment 746006

If you take out the two end of game drives, they have 8 TDs, 4 FGs, 2 turnover on downs, 2 punts, and 1 INT in 17 drives.

An offense scoring points on 70% of offensive drives is about as consistent as you can reasonably expect, IMO.

View attachment 746007
Yeah, I actually never watched the Raiders game so I was thinking about the Jets and Washington. Vs Washington I guess it was a TD 33% of the time. That's not a bad percentage.

But I am not a football expert at all. I just get frustrated when the Bills lose or when their offense stalls.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Who is Sam Howell? Is he Washington's normal starting QB?

Great game by the defense. That linebacker Bernard seems to be doing well.
Played at UNC Chapel Hill. 2023 draft. I saw him personally in college. Good rusher, mobile, throws nice balls.
Bills v Dolphins:

Bills (-2.5)
O/U 58
73F, Sun
Simple formula for those of you playing along at home.

Take the O/U and add the spread to get a total.
If the spread has a half point, subtract the half point from the total.
Divide the total in half, yielding the projected score of the favorite.
Subtract the spread, yielding the projected score of the underdog.
Using the above, Bills 30, Dolphins 27.5.

Remember, both the spread and the O/U are designed to get even amounts of money bet on both sides of the wagers (and therefore the lines will move accordingly as money is wagered over time as the event draws closer).

As game time approaches, if the "house" has an excessive amount of payout exposure to one side of the wagers over the other, they will contact the league orally (to avoid records) via a 3rd party in coded language to ensure plausible deniability who will then inform the officials (in similar coded language) which way to slant the outcome as the game itself unfolds.

Last edited:

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Well, the Bills scored 37, so what I'm about to say doesn't make all that much sense, but I wasn't so impressed by the offense. They got A LOT of help from the defense. I'm not sure if it is Allen, or the OC, or what, but they just don't seem to be an offense that is all that difficult to stop.

But maybe I'm asking too much. They seem to be an inconsistent offense.
There were definite execution problems as well as some questionable play calls. My "credit Dorsey" was about the offensive line specifically, though. He appears to be scheming well to give the line help. It's working because Allen has been kept clean while not neutering the offense. The rest is open to debate, with the point mainly being that his overall game plans seem to be successful, big picture. They are taking advantage of what defenses give them rather than playing into their hands.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Two tight ends are gonna cover for o-line issues. Knox and Kincaid production will suffer the more the O-line struggles and are forced to help pass protect.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
my biggest impression so far is

1. How well the defensive line is playing. Best I’ve seen it under McDermott
2. How the bills have dominated time of possession. They are currently 3rd at 35+ minutes a game

I don’t think the blueprint has changed much vs Miami. Jam at the line, disrupt Tuas first read, don’t give him a clean pocket.

Combine that with a strong run game and keeping Miami off the field. I don’t think you can eliminate all miamis big plays…but you can certainly limit them.
Gimme Groot playing in the middle from time to time to try and swat down, tip, or generally dissuade Tua from spamming the MOF stuff. Potentially having the edge rushers stunt into the slant lane and hit the brakes there could also be an interesting counter with how quickly Tua's getting the ball out.

I wonder if Elam gets a look this game since he's really their only corner with plus speed

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
my biggest impression so far is

1. How well the defensive line is playing. Best I’ve seen it under McDermott
2. How the bills have dominated time of possession. They are currently 3rd at 35+ minutes a game

I don’t think the blueprint has changed much vs Miami. Jam at the line, disrupt Tuas first read, don’t give him a clean pocket.

Combine that with a strong run game and keeping Miami off the field. I don’t think you can eliminate all miamis big plays…but you can certainly limit them.
Agreed.

As much as passing offense has dominated much of recent NFL play, the blueprint still works.

Possess the ball, disrupt the pass.

Giants over Bills
Pats over Rams
Giants over Pats x 2

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Two tight ends are gonna cover for o-line issues. Knox and Kincaid production will suffer the more the O-line struggles and are forced to help pass protect.
4 of 5 Bill's linemen have graded in the top 50 positionally per PFF. Brown might get up there now after yesterday.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Trying not to overreact after just 3 games but I think the team's gonna get even better and all these nitpicks with the offense will be gone once the 12 personnel scheme is just second nature. Play calling was just fine for the game. Didn't even dislike the 4th down pass, gotta mix it up SOMETIMES and the DT just made a great, heads up play.

I think the D #s will regress against better teams but am loving the pressure looks and Oliver/Jones are just wreckers. Really hope Elam can get some time against Miami as Benford hasn't been blowing me away.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Eric Wood just talking about Dolphins crossing routes being the biggest issue. He said the Chargers played them well last season, but then got beat mostly to the outside this year, scratches head...

Outstanding and hope it holds up. But Is this factoid potentially the "Haley's Comet" of Bills Football - happens only once every 76 years??
Seriously, I think it's chemistry developing, health (knock on wood), solid additions of McGovern & O'Cyrus inside, and Kromer finally getting through. Will it last ? We all hope so.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Seriously, I think it's chemistry developing, health (knock on wood), solid additions of McGovern & O'Cyrus inside, and Kromer finally getting through. Will it last ? We all hope so.
I don't. I miss the days of old when the O-Line was a tire-fire, and Allen was scrambling for his life. Those were great times.

• Haha
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I doubt they do it with the way the defense is playing right now, but I'd love to see them activate Elam versus the Dolphins. He played extremely well against them last year and his brand of press coverage is proven to be the best way to disrupt Hill and Waddle. Even if he's not starting, I'd rather have that ace in the back pocket to deploy if things look ugly early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad