Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The one time a favorable spot for the Chiefs would benefit us (and was total bullshit) they throw a challenge flag.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Geno with a horrible fumble and that will probably be the nail. Oh well.

So even if we lose next week we can still make it if Jax beats Tennessee?

That right?

Not to my knowledge. We need Steelers or Jacksonville to lose. One or the other. That depends if Cincinnati wins todays game or not too because they need to lose one.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Geno with a horrible fumble and that will probably be the nail. Oh well.

So even if we lose next week we can still make it if Jax beats Tennessee?

That right?

I think it’s true only if the Chiefs win

but it’s Ten winning not Jax

Chiefs win today and a Tennessee win next week should clinch a wild card regardless of what we do.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I like our chances regardless. Much different playing down here in early January then hot ass September. Weather SHOULD be ideal next week . If its Sunday that is. Forecast is calling for light thunderstorms on Saturday. Sunday is just cloudy.

Even disregarding the weather , the Dolphins are banged up . And they most likely wont have their best pass rusher in Chubb. Just need to try to take Tyreek out of the game and take advantage of their battered OLine to cause havoc. I'm praying that the offense will pull their head out of their ass and show up.... They normally do against the Dolphins.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Chiefs up 8 late. They win and I *believe* these are the only outcomes that matter:

Titans win we clinch a WC
Ravens backups win we clinch a WC
Bills win we are the 2 seed

All 3 lose we out.

I’m betting the Ravens backups win next week btw

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
With Steelers winning and if Kansas City holds on, we need one of the following next week to clinch.

Bills win - We win the division and have a home playoff game.

If we lose,
If one of Titans beat the Jags OR the Ravens beat the Steelers, we clinch a wildcard.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The owner of an NFL franchise should show restraint. I would like to believe the fan said something else besides how terrible the Panthers are but maybe Tepper has a thick bank account and thin skin.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The owner of an NFL franchise should show restraint. I would like to believe the fan said something else besides how terrible the Panthers are but maybe Tepper has a thick bank account and thin skin.

Imagine this guy owning the Sabres and dealing with this nonstop failure

Think he’d be interested?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It would feel like a full circle moment if the Steelers lost to the Ravens backup players.

Hard to say what the league will do with the Bills/Dolphins game. While it is winner takes the division it may not be a win and in or lose and out situation depending on the results of other games so if both were locked in by kickoff does it become a less attractive game? I would think both teams would prefer the 2 seed and potentially at least two home playoff games versus playing on the road for probably the entire playoffs. If NBC or the league want the final game to be do or die for both teams then maybe the Bills game is at 4:30 or maybe it's perfect for the Saturday night game because if the Bills don't know the outcome of the other two games then they have to play to win because their playoff lives may depend on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
2 seed:
--Bills win

6 seed:
--Bills tie, OR
--Bills lose, Pittsburgh loss/tie AND 1 of the following happen: Jacksonville loss/tie, IND/HOU Tie

7 seed:
--Bills lose, Jacksonville loss/tie, IND/HOU Tie, Pittsburgh win, OR
--Bills lose AND only 1 of the following happens: Jacksonville loss/tie, Pittsburgh loss/tie, IND/HOU Tie

Miss playoffs:
--Bills lose, Jacksonville win, Pittsburgh win, IND/HOU does not end in a tie

EDIT: Corrected, if both AFC South results happen, Pittsburgh still passes us and pushes us into 7th

Last edited:
Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It would feel like a full circle moment if the Steelers lost to the Ravens backup players.

Hard to say what the league will do with the Bills/Dolphins game. While it is winner takes the division it may not be a win and in or lose and out situation depending on the results of other games so if both were locked in by kickoff does it become a less attractive game? I would think both teams would prefer the 2 seed and potentially at least two home playoff games versus playing on the road for probably the entire playoffs. If NBC or the league want the final game to be do or die for both teams then maybe the Bills game is at 4:30 or maybe it's perfect for the Saturday night game because if the Bills don't know the outcome of the other two games then they have to play to win because their playoff lives may depend on it.
I imagine they put it last, since there’s no situation where one team could bench starters because of the result of an earlier game. That’s the #1 thing they seek to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad