Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I imagine they put it last, since there’s no situation where one team could bench starters because of the result of an earlier game. That’s the #1 thing they seek to avoid.
Yep, plus NBC will definitely prefer BUF/MIA to HOU/IND.

I think Saturday goes:
ATL/NO -- winner stays alive for division, TB still needs to win regardless, SEA/(GB/MIN) still need to win regardless what NO does, so that means none of those teams rest starters
IND/HOU -- winner clinches playoff berth and stays alive for division, JAX still needs to win regardless for division, PIT still needs to win to stay alive in WC race, BUF still needs to win for division, so none of the teams rest starters

Then BUF/MIA on Sunday night. Buffalo might know they've clinched a playoff berth, but they'll still go for the home playoff game.

I honestly think the Ravens play most of their starters. I don't think they want two weeks of rust for the divisional playoffs. They might not play the whole game, though.
They rested their starters in 2019 when they had the top spot locked up. They came out flat in the divisional game and lost to Tennessee. I could see Harbaugh using that as justification to play healthy starters (banged up guys might sit for obvious reasons).

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I think Saturday goes:
ATL/NO -- winner stays alive for division, TB still needs to win regardless, SEA/(GB/MIN) still need to win regardless what NO does, so that means none of those teams rest starters
IND/HOU -- winner clinches playoff berth and stays alive for division, JAX still needs to win regardless for division, PIT still needs to win to stay alive in WC race, BUF still needs to win for division, so none of the teams rest starters

Then BUF/MIA on Sunday night. Buffalo might know they've clinched a playoff berth, but they'll still go for the home playoff game.

This all makes sense.

BUT

We know that in the NFL, money is king.

I have this crazy hunch that PHI/NYG gets one of the 2 Saturday games. 2 gigantic markets and the NFL is going to hope that Philly wins. And if they don't...oh well, Dallas gets to rest starters.

IND/HOU is going to be the marquee 1 PM CBS game.

But I totally think we're getting the Sunday night game. It only makes sense. Winner gets the 2 seed.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
This all makes sense.

BUT

We know that in the NFL, money is king.

I have this crazy hunch that PHI/NYG gets one of the 2 Saturday games. 2 gigantic markets and the NFL is going to hope that Philly wins. And if they don't...oh well, Dallas gets to rest starters.

IND/HOU is going to be the marquee 1 PM CBS game.

But I totally think we're getting the Sunday night game. It only makes sense. Winner gets the 2 seed.
Keep in mind they can and will flex games form CBS to FOX and vice versa.

Expect Philly-NYG to be the lead game on one network and Dallas-Washington to be the lead game on the other in the same time slot (probably 4PM).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Keep in mind they can and will flex games form CBS to FOX and vice versa.

Expect Philly-NYG to be the lead game on one network and Dallas-Washington to be the lead game on the other in the same time slot (probably 4PM).

There's also GB-CHI which will bring in a huge audience and will be win-and-in for GB.

My "official" predictions:

Sat early: ATL/NO Sat late: PHI/NYG

SUN 1 PM: GB/CHI as the lead on Fox. PIT/BAL gets lead billing on CBS. JAX/TEN also to be played then.
SUN 4 PM: IND/HOU as the lead on CBS. DAL/WSH gets lead billing on Fox, with SEA/ARZ also to be played then.

SUN NIGHT: BUF/MIA

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There's also GB-CHI which will bring in a huge audience and will be win-and-in for GB.

My "official" predictions:

Sat early: ATL/NO Sat late: PHI/NYG

SUN 1 PM: GB/CHI as the lead on Fox. PIT/BAL gets lead billing on CBS. JAX/TEN also to be played then.
SUN 4 PM: IND/HOU as the lead on CBS. DAL/WSH gets lead billing on Fox, with SEA/ARZ also to be played then.

SUN NIGHT: BUF/MIA
No chance GB isn't played simultaneously with Seattle.

SAT: ATL/NO, IND/HOU

SUN 1PM: AFC North, JAX-TEN, TB-CAR, NE-NYJ
SUN 4PM: NFC East, NFC North, AFC West, NFC West

SNF: BUF/MIA

They could move NFC East to 1PM, but I think they'll keep it at 4. ESPN gets screwed, but I doubt the league really cares too much about that.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I think Saturday goes:

I think they put a game the team needs to win and watch as early Saturday game. I don’t think it will be a game thst losing doesn’t benefit another team

I expect this on Sunday night

They rested their starters in 2019 when they had the top spot locked up. They came out flat in the divisional game and lost to Tennessee. I could see Harbaugh using that as justification to play healthy starters (banged up guys might sit for obvious reasons).
I’m expecting a Saturday night game game

i expect dal and Phil on opposite networks at 425 gsmes. Jets game at 1 pm opposite network of giants.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Looks like Steelers/Ravens will be Saturday, followed by Indy/Houston. Didn't expect the Steelers game there, but I suppose it makes sense, only clinches for Buffalo if they lose.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I understand but boooo. Booooooooooo. I don't want to wait all day for Sunday night! lol

What a cruel schedule. We could begin stressing by 8pm Saturday if Pittsburgh beats Baltimore.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So we'll likely know if it's a lose-and-go-home game ahead of time.
We're the last game on the schedule. We will know for sure by ~4 PM Sunday. Hopefully we'll know on Saturday itself because the Ravens will want to eliminate their rival. Or even a tie in the nightcap.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Looks like Steelers/Ravens will be Saturday, followed by Indy/Houston. Didn't expect the Steelers game there, but I suppose it makes sense, only clinches for Buffalo if they lose.
I’m surprised that was chosen. I figured it would be a win and watch game. I guess with it being a rivalry game might bring more eyes than say the ten/JAX game

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
if we want all the chaos, it will be so 2023 season if Tua and Josh's shoulder/stingers are worse than we expect and it comes down to Kyle Allen vs Mike White with the AFC East on the line.

Reactions: KeyserSoze81

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I kinda tuned out football after our game yesterday for family game night at my brother’s. I just saw Philly lost to Arizona. What in the world is going on with Philly?

Not surprised we are the Sunday night game. Baltimore hopefully plays their starters for a half and is up 3 touchdowns before they rest players.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’d like to be confident in this team given their recent history of smashing Miami (sun/injury game aside), but they have so many issues on offense and seemingly can’t get out of their own way, whether it’s poor playcalling, Allen making boneheaded decisions, or execution problems from the OL, QB, RBs, or pass catchers.

I’m gonna be shocked if we learn that Diggs was healthy for all of this season. Sure, guys often hit the wall at 30, but he’d have to hit the biggest age cliff ever to go from how he was producing at the start of the year to what his numbers have been for the last 7 or 8 games

Reactions: Dubi Doo

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I kinda tuned out football after our game yesterday for family game night at my brother’s. I just saw Philly lost to Arizona. What in the world is going on with Philly?

Not surprised we are the Sunday night game. Baltimore hopefully plays their starters for a half and is up 3 touchdowns before they rest players.
I wonder how much their starters will play. They have a bye week for the playoffs. Do you really want your starters off 2 weeks before playing a meaningful game?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY

I read somewhere that the Bills exposed something in their D and teams have basically done the same thing to them every week since and whatever it is they can't stop it. Other than a game against the Seahawks they've give up 30 points a game to every team since they played the Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad