Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
The Bills just need to take care of business next week.

And yes, it is weird cheering for the Chiefs.

(And less important - it needs to be a nationally televised game for me, which it likely will be).

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
So I'm looking at the Playoff Machine:

A Miami win next week gives them the 2 seed, full stop.
A Buffalo win next week gives Buffalo the 2 seed and Miami the 6 seed....also full stop.

If we lose AND make the playoffs........it's a rematch of Bills/Miami in Miami in Round 1.

If we win.......it sure looks like we get the winner of HOU/IND in Buffalo in Round 1 (assuming JAX beats TEN)....unless that game ties, in which case the AFC Central 3rd place finisher might be there. If TEN beats JAX.........good sweet lord there's a lot of scenarios.

I'm not positive who gets the spots if there is a massive cluster f*** at 10-7 but I think the Bills are low on that list so we'd need a lot of help. Is there a way?

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
bills fans are going to be so pissed when McDermott wins a Super Bowl :laugh:

Fire McD because:

We didn't win the Super Bowl by 20! 😡
We stalled out for 3 drives in the Super Bowl 😡
We gave away chunk plays to screen passes again! 😡
Josh threw a pick! 😡

take your pick lol

So like...Miami kept starters in during a blowout loss and got multiple big injuries?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
If anyone wants a silver-lining to this dreg of a game, the Bills put over 120 rushing yards against the second best rushing defense in the league (a team that averaged only 84 against on the season.) In past years (hell, even this season under Dorsey), we would have seen the Patriots lock out the run game, and the Bills struggle to control the scoreboard.

The last drive of the game, in particular, was impressive because the Bills did exactly what they need to wrap the game up. It's not like they fizzled out, and settled for a field goal. They didn't score a touchdown, and then give it back to the Patriots for a miraculous comeback. They just bled the clock until there wasn't anything left, even when this elite run defense knew what was coming.

Some other thoughts:

1. This offense needs a skill transfusion in the offseason, because what we have is not cutting it.

2. This defense is surprising as hell. Love it.

3. I can go without spending millions on gunners if this is what we're going to get out of S/T. I get long snappers, punters, kickers and returners. There's a business case for those men. The rest... coaches, make it work.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Chiefs playing like ass and just fumbled it back...f***.

Watch the Chiefs lose out, Denver wins out (and wins the AFC West), and Chiefs miss entirely. I would be satisfied with this outcome provided Bills win next week.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Fire McD because:

We didn't win the Super Bowl by 20! 😡
We stalled out for 3 drives in the Super Bowl 😡
We gave away chunk plays to screen passes again! 😡
Josh threw a pick! 😡

take your pick lol

So like...Miami kept starters in during a blowout loss and got multiple big injuries?

I'm personally a big fan of Mike McCarthy's unconventional clock management methods.

And Sean Payton's "Only Sean Payton matters to Sean Payton" ethos.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

Watch the Chiefs lose out, Denver wins out (and wins the AFC West), and Chiefs miss entirely. I would be satisfied with this outcome provided Bills win next week.
We'd be the only nfl team to make the playoffs 5 straight years in that scenario.

Still not good enough for some, of course.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jage

Oct 29, 2022

"But its the Chiefs, always SB contender because of Mahomes and Kelce and the coach..." yadayadayada. I mean i like to see the Bills clinch as soon as possible, but Chiefs losing is a cherry on top.

Bills playoffs is in their own hands, no one else. No help needed.

Reactions: Tachycineta

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
Of course, but it would be nice to not have to stress about it going on the road needing a win against a divisional opponent.

Sure. Though by the looks of it Phins are banged up... cue the Bills let down.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Maybe Miami loses on purpose to face the Chiefs instead of the #7 seed in the Wild Card round

The way the chiefs are playing thats probably better
If the Chiefs aren't careful, could end up being the AFC South winner, with Denver (!?!?) as the 4 seed.

Reactions: Zman5778
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad