Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I wonder how much their starters will play. They have a bye week for the playoffs. Do you really want your starters off 2 weeks before playing a meaningful game?
I can see Baltimore playing their starters maybe half a game a most. They do have a few injuries. I think the Steelers win the game in the end and Jags win their game. Its going to come down to if the Bills can win against the Dolphins. With the way the offense looks I'm not so sure. They have looked off all year for the most part. Even if they do win this team is not a Super Bowl team.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I kinda tuned out football after our game yesterday for family game night at my brother’s. I just saw Philly lost to Arizona. What in the world is going on with Philly?

Not surprised we are the Sunday night game. Baltimore hopefully plays their starters for a half and is up 3 touchdowns before they rest players.

kyler is back playing for arizona

Philadelphia might be spent having the stretch of games they did. Played DAL twice, Mia, buf, kc , SF, SEA. In like 7 of 8 games then had 2 giants with az in the middle.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I read somewhere that the Bills exposed something in their D and teams have basically done the same thing to them every week since and whatever it is they can't stop it. Other than a game against the Seahawks they've give up 30 points a game to every team since they played the Bills.
I agree with that as well. Going through the gauntlet they did in their schedule playing dal, Mia, kc, buf, dal, sf, sea in like 7 of 8 games likely also burns a team out. i don’t think teams can bring their A+ game 4+ weeks in a row.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I can see Baltimore playing their starters maybe half a game a most. They do have a few injuries. I think the Steelers win the game in the end and Jags win their game. Its going to come down to if the Bills can win against the Dolphins. With the way the offense looks I'm not so sure. They have looked off all year for the most part. Even if they do win this team is not a Super Bowl team.
Playing Huntley as the full game starter …thry still have D and running game to play pittsburg hard.

psychologically losing means losing twice to pitt eho thry could face in thr playoffs.

pitt backs into playoffs with a L , JAX L, and den W. All 3 9-8. Pitt has tiebreaker. JAX beat pit if just those two tied at 9-8.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
nfccplayoffs…

tb win try get div, lose then no/ ATL gets div title.
no can get a WC with a W, tb W, and gb. I think they have the tiebreaker with Seattle at 9-8.
Minn needs a win, gb loss, either no or tb loss, and sea loss
sea need to W and have gb and no L.…and rams W. If rams lose then Seattle is blocked.
Atl can’t get a WC. Only can get div title. They W and tb L all 3 tied at 8-9 but atl is 3-1 h2h play so they get title.

green bay in with a W at #7, rams lose they are #6 And rams st 7.

det is #3 seed and east is #2 unless det W and both dal and Phil L

I think dal/ Phil at nfc south is MNF playoff game.
i think Cleve at afc south is the nbc stream game On sat in playoffs.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Remember when we blew the f*** out of the Dolphins with our backups when they were in a win-and-in game?

Hopefully the Ravens can do the same. Who's their Isaiah McKenzie to get 3 TDs and Antonio Williams to become the new practice squad all-star?

Reactions: Dingo44 and Ralonzo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The Bills currently own the 4th best point differential IN THE LEAGUE... and there are realities in which this team misses the playoffs.

Welcome to Buffalo, Ladies and Gentlemen.
It's because theyre wildly inconsistent. Allen is as well. They'll blow a team out by 3 scores, then struggle to move the ball for 3 games.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
It's because theyre wildly inconsistent. Allen is as well. They'll blow a team out by 3 scores, then struggle to move the ball for 3 games.
IMO they are an average team this season. Too many are still buying the hype that this team is a Super Bowl contender. With this offense they will be a one and done.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Miami is a quality team with talent on both sides of the ball. They should not be taken lightly.

The Bills are 3-1 against McDaniel with the loss being a two point loss in the "sun" game where Bills players began dropping like flies in the fourth quarter. The Bills are 4-1 against Tua. The Bills are 12-2 against Miami under McDermott. McDermott seems to have have McDaniel and Tua figured out. I think people on the board have suggested it is taking away Tua's first read then the pass rush getting to him before he can process if other reads are open or covered. Whatever McDermott's plan may be so far it has been successful.

I am going to be nervous. It's going to be long day even making it to kickoff however I am cautiously optimistic the final score will favour Buffalo.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My biggest concern right now going into next week is:

1. Allen. He hasn't been great since the Eagles game. He hasn't thrown for over 250 yards in 5 weeks or more than 1 passing TD in 5 weeks. He's shown flashes of great throws, but we haven't seen the 'drive down the field with 10 straight completions and will the team to a TD' type stuff. I get it, they are trying to get him to put the cape away a bit. But we need to see it sometimes.

2. Diggs. I'm actually worried he is fighting something. He just looks tired. He comes off winded. Pulls himself out of the game. Long Covid maybe? Something isn't right.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
IMO they are an average team this season. Too many are still buying the hype that this team is a Super Bowl contender. With this offense they will be a one and done.

The team scored less that 20 only 2 times all year. Ranks 4th in offensive DVOA. 8 games were against teams ranked in the top 11 Defensive DVOA.

The offense could be better but it’s still one of the NFLs top offenses.

Reactions: buffa dud

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

I don't know. Post Dorsey, they struggled against the Pats, the Chiefs and the Jets, but walked all over the Eagles and Cowboys. I'd say that's about right. They aren't elite, so they're not walking over everyone, but what they're doing is not exactly unexpected.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Is 600 yards and 65 catches a successful season for Kincaid?

1. Allen. He hasn't been great since the Eagles game. He hasn't thrown for over 250 yards in 5 weeks or more than 1 passing TD in 5 weeks. He's shown flashes of great throws, but we haven't seen the 'drive down the field with 10 straight completions and will the team to a TD' type stuff. I get it, they are trying to get him to put the cape away a bit. But we need to see it sometimes.

2. Diggs. I'm actually worried he is fighting something. He just looks tired. He comes off winded. Pulls himself out of the game. Long Covid maybe? Something isn't right.
Diggs isn’t injured. Teams are playing man and he isn’t getting separation.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The team scored less that 20 only 2 times all year. Ranks 4th in offensive DVOA. 8 games were against teams ranked in the top 11 Defensive DVOA.

The offense could be better but it’s still one of the NFLs top offenses.
FiFY. They only scored more than 24 points only 7 times. IMO their numbers are inflated by 5 games they scored over 30 points. For the most part they struggle to move the ball down many times a game. I don't see the Super Bowl contender that many think they are.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
My biggest concern is definitely the current lack of a counter punch to what looks like a good plan against the Bills offense: (1) double Diggs; (2) play man/press and sit on the short stuff; (3) send pressure; (4) hope they don’t beat you over the top.

With Davis as our only real deep threat, teams have stopped respecting the Bills deep. Sure it opens the door to some fun splash plays, but it’s the reason everything feels so hard right now. And I don’t know what the answer is other than to start taking more deep shots and hopefully connecting

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Justin Shorter should be activated off IR this week (which will require a roster move). Wonder if he is gameday inactive, or if he gets into the game and maybe they see if he can provide a different look to the offense they aren't getting with Gabe.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

I don't think this is out of the possibility. I was at the game against the Chargers right on the Bills sideline and he came out so often, on important snaps. He played 60% of offensive snaps. If you only play 33 snaps, you can't expect 12 targets, ever.

Diggs was averaging easily 90+ % of the offensive snaps through the Philly game for 2023.
Eagles - 91%
Jets - 80%
Broncos - 98%
Bengals - 94%
Bucs - 98%
Etc.

In the 3 games since Eagles, he's averaged 57%!

Dallas - 45%
Chargers - 60%
Pats - 65%

Something IS off. That is a Massive drop in snap count.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Justin Shorter should be activated off IR this week (which will require a roster move). Wonder if he is gameday inactive, or if he gets into the game and maybe they see if he can provide a different look to the offense they aren't getting with Gabe.
My money would be on them declining to activate him and just shutting him down for the year. Only one I could see maybe making sense is cutting Hamlin. I don't see anyway he's active unless there's an injury to a core four special teamer.

Last edited:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I don't think this is out of the possibility. I was at the game against the Chargers right on the Bills sideline and he came out so often, on important snaps. He played 60% of offensive snaps. If you only play 33 snaps, you can't expect 12 targets, ever.

Diggs was averaging easily 90+ % of the offensive snaps through the Philly game for 2023.
Eagles - 91%
Jets - 80%
Broncos - 98%
Bengals - 94%
Bucs - 98%
Etc.

In the 3 games since Eagles, he's averaged 57%!

Dallas - 45%
Chargers - 60%
Pats - 65%

Something IS off. That is a Massive drop in snap count.
The recent snap shares are a little low, but not dramatically. Since coming to Buffalo:

2020: 89%
2021: 82%
2022: 77%
2023: 81%

If you look at games where we are leading and win, it's not unusual for him to have a lower snap count. When we're up and running out the clock, he's far from the preferred option.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
FiFY. They only scored more than 24 points only 7 times. IMO their numbers are inflated by 5 games they scored over 30 points. For the most part they struggle to move the ball down many times a game. I don't see the Super Bowl contender that many think they are.
Five games equates to roughly a third of the season. That's not inflating ****.

When Miami put up 70 against the Broncos, that's inflating. When Oakland (eff that Vegas nonsense) put up 63 against the Chargers, that's inflating.

There's a difference.

(Quick disclaimer: if I swear, it's not to attack you or anyone else here. I just work in manufacturing where companies pay by GPA... and they don't pay much.)

Last edited:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
My biggest concern is definitely the current lack of a counter punch to what looks like a good plan against the Bills offense: (1) double Diggs; (2) play man/press and sit on the short stuff; (3) send pressure; (4) hope they don’t beat you over the top.

With Davis as our only real deep threat, teams have stopped respecting the Bills deep. Sure it opens the door to some fun splash plays, but it’s the reason everything feels so hard right now. And I don’t know what the answer is other than to start taking more deep shots and hopefully connecting
I think the answer lies in Sherfield and Harty.

When I made my early season predictions, these guys were going to be a part of the offense, and now they're an afterthought. Which is a problem, as they're the fastest receiving threats on the roster.

Maybe that works, or maybe the two-high shell takes them away. But at the very least, it keeps the opposing safeties locked up high while Cook, Kincaid, Knox and Shakir feast on the underneath.

Won't know until you try it thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad