Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So if we win the AFC East we're the 2 seed and can't face Miami or Cleveland in the first round. Miami would likely go to KC and Cleveland would likely get the AFC South winner.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The biggest thing about being a number two seed is your opponent in week one of the playoffs. There are a clear cut 6 playoff teams/spots, and that seventh seed is going to be some bumbling goof like the colts or Steelers.

Reactions: Tachycineta

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So the ideal setup right now would be:

1. Baltimore beats Miami
2. We win out. That gives us the two seed.

The Playoffs Look like:

1. Baltimore
2. Buffalo
3. KC
4. AFC South Winner
5. Cleveland/Miami
6. Cleveland/Miami
7. Whatever 8-7 team comes off the heap?

That gives us potentially two home games, Including potentially KC at home in the divisional round?

Gotta win next week sure, but man, rooting for the Ravens hard. Huge difference between the two seed and the 6 or 7 seed, especially with potentially KC having to travel to you.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So the ideal setup right now would be:

1. Baltimore beats Miami
2. We win out. That gives us the two seed.

The Playoffs Look like:

1. Baltimore
2. Buffalo
3. KC
4. AFC South Winner
5. Cleveland/Miami
6. Cleveland/Miami
7. Whatever 8-7 team comes off the heap?

That gives us potentially two home games, Including potentially KC at home in the divisional round?

Gotta win next week sure, but man, rooting for the Ravens hard. Huge difference between the two seed and the 6 or 7 seed, especially with potentially KC having to travel to you.
I worry Baltimore may be on a bit of a high, and not play to their full potential. Luckily, Miami has not been good on the road. I'd put that game as a 60/40 in favor of Baltimore whereas the Dallas game @ Miami I had as a 50/50.

Regardless, it's going to be TOUGH going into Miami and winning. The crowd played a big factor in our beat down of them earlier in the year. I'm not confident Allen is going to play THAT good. Also, the Dolphins defense is looking much better. The good news is, while MIA moved the ball pretty well against the Cowboys, they struggled mightily to score a TD. I can see it going similar against Buffalo in week 18. The issue is, I fear the Bills offense that played against the Chargers/Chiefs shows up rather than the offense that played against the Cowboys/Eagles/Jets.

Let's hope Allen and co. are on point that game!

Reactions: yahhockey

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Love that Josh is being written off as an MVP favorite when he has more passing touchdowns than Tua and Mahomes, but one less rushing touchdown than Christian McCaffrey.

And for all the talks of turnovers, he has one more interception than Mahomes and nine less fumbles than Tua. NINE. LESS. FUMBLES. (Granted, Tua has only lost two more of those nine, but if the conversation is about how unreliable Josh is you'd be remiss if you didn't point out how Tua's had thirteen fumbles through fifteen games.)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Love that Josh is being written off as an MVP favorite when he has more passing touchdowns than Tua and Mahomes, but one less rushing touchdown than Christian McCaffrey.

And for all the talks of turnovers, he has one more interception than Mahomes and nine less fumbles than Tua. NINE. LESS. FUMBLES. (Granted, Tua has only lost two more of those nine, but if the conversation is about how unreliable Josh is you'd be remiss if you didn't point out how Tua's had thirteen fumbles through fifteen games.)
Is Tua ahead of Allen in MVP talk? That would be surprising. He's nowhere close to Allen in TDs. Mahomes shouldn't even be mentioned. Purdy is probably the best bet at this point if going by QBs, but even he's 9 TDs behind Allen.

Allen is a touchdown machine, and a lot of talking heads like to overlook that.

Reactions: oldgoalie

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY

MVP is just a media sentiment award and is not based on merit. A bunch of media blowhards direct the conversation (usually trying to be edgy and climb to the top of the Twitter heap), and the rest of the herd follows. No one watches all the games, so popular narratives carry weight. One bad game derails someone, and then a new favorite emerges until they fall on their face. It is just noise.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Is Tua ahead of Allen in MVP talk? That would be surprising. He's nowhere close to Allen in TDs. Mahomes shouldn't even be mentioned. Purdy is probably the best bet at this point if going by QBs, but even he's 9 TDs behind Allen.

Yep:

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 12.19.41 PM.png

If I had a ballot, Allen, Hurts, Dak, and Hill would probably be my top 4.

-Hurts, like Allen, is having to carry an atrocious defense
-The 49ers getting stomped last night despite CMC having a great game just exemplifies why a RB should never win MVP. Not a transcendent position.
-Lamar is having a good year, but his win totals are seriously elevated by a generational defense. His lack of TDs coupled with his elite defense really holds back his case.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yep:

View attachment 790498

-The 49ers getting stomped last night despite CMC having a great game just exemplifies why a RB should never win MVP. Not a transcendent position.
-Lamar is having a good year, but his win totals are seriously elevated by a generational defense. His lack of TDs coupled with his elite defense really holds back his case.
Geez.
Tua might not even break 30 TDs this year. He needs 4 more TDs in 2 games. That would have to be one of the worst QB performances to win an MVP in a long time. For reference- Mahomes had 45TDs last year, Rodgers had 40 (but way less fumbles + INTs) in 21 and 50 TDs in 2020, Lamar had 43 TDs in 2019, Mahomes had 52 TDs in 2018, etc...

It's wild to think that a QB who may barely break 30 TDs is even in the MVP conversation. I mean- he's tied 9th for TDs and has a TON of fumbles and a good amount of INTs. He has a ton of yards + a great completion %, though. Tyreek is a better candidate for MVP, which pains me to say. I'd rather Tua win it.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hopefully the Titans can play spoiler against Houston this week, KC gets back to form, and Rudolph's magic wears off after one game. Bills gotta take care of business against NE, and it'll be a dogfight, probably, but it would be real nice to have a playoff spot clinched before going to Miami.

RE: NFL awards, I wish they'd change MVP (aka best QB on a high win team) to most outstanding player and give out awards for the top players at each position the way college football does, or used to, at least, when the NCAA football games were still coming out. Would be a cool way to give some recognition to elite guys at less talked about positions.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I worry Baltimore may be on a bit of a high, and not play to their full potential. Luckily, Miami has not been good on the road. I'd put that game as a 60/40 in favor of Baltimore whereas the Dallas game @ Miami I had as a 50/50.

Eh. Baltimore has unfinished business with Miami, they remember last years game versus them and having to watch Miami's anointing after that. I think the biggest takeway from Dallas's last two games is their defense isn't good when it can't pass rush a ton.
Regardless, it's going to be TOUGH going into Miami and winning. The crowd played a big factor in our beat down of them earlier in the year. I'm not confident Allen is going to play THAT good. Also, the Dolphins defense is looking much better. The good news is, while MIA moved the ball pretty well against the Cowboys, they struggled mightily to score a TD. I can see it going similar against Buffalo in week 18. The issue is, I fear the Bills offense that played against the Chargers/Chiefs shows up rather than the offense that played against the Cowboys/Eagles/Jets.

Let's hope Allen and co. are on point that game!

I mean, it's far from a guaranteed win. I think the results from this week will matter a ton in terms of what is at stake with that game.

If Miami wins and Buffalo wins, there is a decent chance we are just playing for which wild card. spot seeding vs them playing for a Bye, which changes the dynamic a ton. If Miami and Buffalo both lose, Miami would have the division locked up but could eliminate Buffalo. So there will be alot of OTHER considerations for the game. I hope its for the division, though. And the possibility of us beating them two weeks in a row.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Aaron Rodgers argues for Josh Allen to be in that conversation. As do I.
Meaning, you can't really say he's being written off with two such heavy-weights lobbying for him.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

He is not, at the moment, but that's largely in part due to the reactionary nature of the media. League MVP should go to the best player over the course of 17 games, but people are fixating on each individual game down the stretch and basing their decisions on that, which is wrong.

My intent was to group Allen in with players that were at one point considered to be league MVPs.

For the record, I do not support Lamar being the league MVP. He's done nothing to justify it aside from being a solid QB at the helm of a very capable team. With a heavy emphasis on team.

Yep:

View attachment 790498

If I'm being real, McCaffrey, Tyreek and Allen would be my finalists. Narratives be damned.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He is not, at the moment, but that's largely in part due to the reactionary nature of the media. League MVP should go to the best player over the course of 17 games, but people are fixating on each individual game down the stretch and basing their decisions on that, which is wrong.

My intent was to group Allen in with players that were at one point considered to be league MVPs.

For the record, I do not support Lamar being the league MVP. He's done nothing to justify it aside from being a solid QB at the helm of a very capable team. With a heavy emphasis on team.

If I'm being real, McCaffrey, Tyreek and Allen would be my finalists. Narratives be damned.
Agreed. Allen's TDs can't be matched this year (giggidy). I can't get behind any QB winning the award that is currently 10+ TDs behind another QB (that includes Lamar and Tua).

I think Purdy has a chance, but he's in the best position a QB can be in. I like your list. Perhaps I rated Purdy a bit too highly. I like him, though.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
One note, since I think someone here said the Browns might be scary; I don't think they're anything more than WC fodder. The game tape on the Flacco (great autocorrect suggestion) offense is out and they'll turn back into pumpkins soon enough.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I hope they tell Josh and buffalo we're garbage as they pray we aren't prepared.

They tried to take away the psychic bond for whatever reason we all share w peacock blackout and less than live streaming zebras ridin their waves.

I see us all surprising everyone by giving that little extra , maybe an understatement w Dion D , in mind and all of us w vicious honesty and brutal kindness taking each control of our surroundings W the strangers around us . and leave all w a smile and hopefully add to our fanbase just by accident w out football so it's okay if good things happen to us on a daily basis. If this has slipped over the years ending the year helping everyone be more positive couldn't hurt the city and the teams.

If apologies or grattitude have been overlooked the end of the year is always an excellent time to amplify a feeling neglected or misunderstood. In a strictly football sense the 90s until now are fair game as all of our lives affect the moment . Obviously cleaning your karma up is ridiculous w football as amain impetus but any excuse to heal aspects of our lives can only help you in your lives whether on the field or in the stands . This helps all endeavors from love to family to even football and hockey droughts. Each moment is that moment that turns it around. Well buffalo we get denied and keep coming as we have no choice if its true, on our terms. Any endeavor close to the hearts of those around you is affected by all these variables , extra effort is needed as the Holidays blow for me unless i choose to be the axis. If were become that axis maybe we get some help so each game isn't fooked w just a fair fight . I'll take this team in any fair fight the yearand as many weeks as necessary into next to help them complete as many well earned tasks as they choose , hopefully thru the end of the nfl calendar.

New England next. No need to add to years of personal motivation to begin to eventhis up for that team and that coach. Save time give him our plays and our calls and execute them regardless. Nothing more to say about the ridiculous pats***.

F mvp or anything heads of ill repute spew. Calmly deliberately and w intent , execute for youselves and w all of us. Its yours and will be stolen on every play. Persevere w a smile

Hey Dion Mitch and crew, Ed , Daquan , mr Joseph and crew. NE is in our way again. I know We didn't have to ask but it seemed the polite thing to do .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad