Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The Chiefs KNOW the Raiders are going to run and give up back to back big runs to ice the game. Demoralizing.

They better figure things out for next week and beat the Bengals though.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Thank you Vegas. Now, if Baltimore loses tonight.....the week 17 Ravens/Dolphins game is for the #1 seed straight up.

Miami wins, they have nothing to play for week 18.

Baltimore wins, week 18 is for the AFC east.

(Assuming we beat the Pats)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Thank you Vegas. Now, if Baltimore loses tonight.....the week 17 Ravens/Dolphins game is for the #1 seed straight up.

Miami wins, they have nothing to play for week 18.

Baltimore wins, week 18 is for the AFC east.

(Assuming we beat the Pats)

Not quite on the first scenario, a Miami win next week (and then losing to us), a Baltimore week 18 loss, and Cleveland winning out would give the Browns the top seed at 12-5. Browns play NYJ on Thursday night.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Kansas City LL and LV/DEN WW then LV/DEN gets division
OK, I know we want KC to beat Cincy for the playoff clinch scenario...but this would be so hilarious...now I'm torn.

(also, in this scenario, where KC loses next week and LV/DEN both win, I'd think they play LV/DEN as one of the Saturday games, since it would neither clinch nor eliminate the winner, they'd have to wait for KC to lose to LAC.)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not quite on the first scenario, a Miami win next week (and then losing to us), a Baltimore week 18 loss, and Cleveland winning out would give the Browns the top seed at 12-5. Browns play NYJ on Thursday night.
CLE-BAL split
both 3-2. div
CLE edge on common games of 1-1 vs 2-0 in non common games . Both have non common games next week
CLE has edge on conf record 3-2 vs 4-0 nfc

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
OK, I know we want KC to beat Cincy for the playoff clinch scenario...but this would be so hilarious...now I'm torn.

(also, in this scenario, where KC loses next week and LV/DEN both win, I'd think they play LV/DEN as one of the Saturday games, since it would neither clinch nor eliminate the winner, they'd have to wait for KC to lose to LAC.)
That makes KC/LAC an NBC candidate. Win for division, lose snd out

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The Chiefs KNOW the Raiders are going to run and give up back to back big runs to ice the game. Demoralizing.

They better figure things out for next week and beat the Bengals though.
I’ve legit always considered Spags to be one of the top defensive minds of his generation.

Seeing the chiefs stubbornly just keep running high shells all the way to the last play of the game, even as the raiders were obviously just trying to run out the clock and not remotely considering passing the ball, was something else. Just mind numbing decisions from him. Hopefully the esteemed KC media asks him what he was thinking.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Forgot about the Browns. It's not an unrealistic scenario.

So looks like either way Miami will have something to play for Week 18.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
I’ve seen a few spots that Miami winning next week gives them nothing to play for in week 18 and be in the 1 seed. That is only if Baltimore loses tonight right?

Because if Baltimore wins tonight, they get to 12 wins which Miami would get to by beating them next week. So if Baltimore wins week 18 and Miami loses Baltimore would be the 1 seed with 13 wins.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what I’m seeing?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’ve seen a few spots that Miami winning next week gives them nothing to play for in week 18 and be in the 1 seed. That is only if Baltimore loses tonight right?

Because if Baltimore wins tonight, they get to 12 wins which Miami would get to by beating them next week. So if Baltimore wins week 18 and Miami loses Baltimore would be the 1 seed with 13 wins.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what I’m seeing?
If Baltimore loses tonight and to Miami....Miami still isn't guaranteed the 1 seed.

If Cleveland wins out and Baltimore loses week 18.....Cleveland gets the 1 seed with a Miami loss to us (better conf record)

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
1703544510623.png

:laugh::laugh: Too funny to not share.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
That's insanity. 11-6 shouldn't be a 2 seed. Further illustrates how much the top teams in the AFC are cannibalizing themselves.

That said, there are a LOT of scenarios where we're playing Miami week 18 and then again in the WC round. Not sure how I'd feel about that....it's hard to beat a team 3x in a year and 2 of them need to be on back to back weeks.
Or the AFC is just more battle tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad