Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I would feel so much better if we had a playoff spot wrapped up after next week. The most likely way is Pit losing to Seattle or Cincy losing to KC

It would be especially great if PIT could lose early so we can root for Cincy to take down KC so we could potentially sneak into the 2 seed

Edit: bah both CIN and PIT are in the late window

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
KC beating Cincy and Seattle beating Pittsburgh should both happen next week, meaning we just need a win next week to clinch a playoff berth. Then a little help from the Ravens mean we can go into Week 18 knowing the division is there without the worry of missing entirely. Let's get this done.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I would feel so much better if we had a playoff spot wrapped up after next week. The most likely way is Pit losing to Seattle or Cincy losing to KC

It would be especially great if PIT could lose early so we can root for Cincy to take down KC so we could potentially sneak into the 2 seed
Pretty sure we need both results. One isn't enough.

We could also get Carolina over Jacksonville (not happening), or both Houston/Indy losing (Tennessee and LV, respectively...could happen but not counting on it). But we need two of them to clinch next week.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I can't believe how well this week went. The Dolphins loss stinks a bit, but I knew they had a good chance against the Cowboys. Dallas is fraudulent. Baltimore on the road is infinitely tougher.

The rest of the games fell perfectly in our favor. The Pats game is a bit concerning, but being at home allows me to breathe easier. Buffalo loves to make it tough on themselves, though.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Pretty sure we need both results. One isn't enough.

We could also get Carolina over Jacksonville (not happening), or both Houston/Indy losing (Tennessee and LV, respectively...could happen but not counting on it). But we need two of them to clinch next week.

Bah you're right we still need two results. Keep forgetting Cleveland's comfortably in the 5

Also the two results we get can't both be the AFC South results. All of JAX/IND/HOU losing won't do it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Now we can really enjoy the games tomorrow. Games don’t really do anything for our chances. Just stay healthy Baltimore.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
With the Broncos loss, they can no longer catch a 10-win Bills.

The in the hunt pack (to the extent 10 wins is the minimum threshold for that pack) is now 10 teams for 7 spots.

According to the playoff machine on NYT, bills odds now up to 86% to make the playoffs. Patriots win pushes them up to 90, Broncos win down to 83.
We're now at 91%. Win against the Patriots pushes us to 97%.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
So here's the simplistic way to think about locking up a playoff spot next week:

5. Browns (10 wins)
6. Bills (9 wins)
7. Four 8-win teams (one of the AFC South teams will win their division)

To lock up a playoff spot next week, Bills must have a 2-game lead on three of the 8-win teams.

Step 1: Bills win and get to 10 wins
Step 2: Colts and Texans play each other week 18, so only one of them can get to 10 wins (1/3)
Step 3: One loss by two of Bengals (@ Chiefs), Steelers (@Seahawks), Jags (Panthers)

So in sum, to lock up a playoff spot next week:

Bills win + Bengals and Steelers loss

That's all it takes.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There are 5 way to clinch next week.

Bills win +
1) Bengals loss + Steelers loss
2) Bengals loss + Jaguars loss
3) Bengals loss + Colts loss + Texans loss
4) Steelers loss + Jaguars loss
5) Steelers loss + Colts loss + Texans loss

I think that covers it.

Bengals at Chiefs
Steelers at Seahawks
Jaguars vs Panthers
Colts vs Raiders
Texans vs Titans

The most likely scenario is the first. Maybe we gets one of Colts/Texans to lose, but I don't think we'll get both. And I highly doubt the Jaguars will lose to the Panthers. But that's where we stand...this week.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
What a great weekend for the Buffalo Bills!
One game away from being a perfect week, incredible really, and you know what ? we deserve it for once! Still work to do NOW, don't F it up! Go into the playoffs hot, and make a run.

ps It's 50 degrees and a green Xmas in WNY this year, not 3 feet of snow, blizzard winds and loss of life.

Last edited:

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
One game away from being a perfect week, incredible really, and you know what ? we deserve it for once! Still work to do NOW, don't F it up! Go into the playoffs hot, and make a run.

ps It's 50 degrees and a green Xmas in WNY this year, not 3 feet of snow, blizzard winds and loss of life.
I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but that blizzard was the best Christmas of my adult life. I wish every Christmas was like that one.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but that blizzard was the best Christmas of my adult life. I wish every Christmas was like that one.
100%. Last year was one of the most incredible, adventurous, cozy weeks of my life. This year has hardly felt like Christmas at all. Last I checked North Carolina still exists for those who want 50° in December.

Go Bills. I'll take all those results with Miami winning every time. Pretty much guaranteed a spot now with an outside but realistic look at the division still. Just incredible from the doom and gloom of a month ago. A good reminder that the second half of the year counts just the same as the first.

Here's to Berman's eternal Bills-Niners prediction finally coming true this year.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Honestly, if Miami wins next week, it isn't the end of the world (especially if Baltimore loses** tonight). That would give them nothing to play for next week.

I honestly don't care about the division. We've won it plenty of times, all that matters is winning in the playoffs.

Last edited:

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Honestly, if Miami wins next week, it isn't the end of the world (especially if Baltimore wins tonight). That would give them nothing to play for next week.

I honestly don't care about the division. We've won it plenty of times, all that matters is winning in the playoffs.
Pretty sure Miami will still be playing for the #1 seed as long as KC doesn't fall off a cliff.

I want the division. I understand why the majority of the fanbase views things in a Super Bowl or failure dichotomy, but I just don't. Division titles count for bragging rights against our biggest rivals and we have a streak of three going still.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The only reason I care about the title is the promise of home field advantage. I feel like if a call is 50 50, you're going to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad