Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The only reason I care about the title is the promise of home field advantage. I feel like if a call is 50 50, you're going to get it.
Yep. The home game in the WC round is huge. Aside from the Washington game, we haven't seen a complete performance on the road from these guys. Philly and KC were solid road games, but not quite what we'd want to see out of this team.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Pretty sure Miami will still be playing for the #1 seed as long as KC doesn't fall off a cliff.

I want the division. I understand why the majority of the fanbase views things in a Super Bowl or failure dichotomy, but I just don't. Division titles count for bragging rights against our biggest rivals and we have a streak of three going still.
You're correct. In that scenario, KC would get the 1 seed if they win out and Miami goes 1-1.

Either way, Buffalo and Miami appear to be on a post-season collision course... don't feel great about that.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
You're correct. In that scenario, KC would get the 1 seed if they win out and Miami goes 1-1.

Either way, Buffalo and Miami appear to be on a post-season collision course... don't feel great about that.
I hear ya. I'd feel great about it if the game is in OP, less great if it's in Miami. But with our success against them in recent years, our fanbase should feel much better about the matchup than theirs.

We're going to have to beat a bunch of good teams either way and I know we're all thankful to even be in a position to worry about any of this compared to what we were worried about a month ago.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but that blizzard was the best Christmas of my adult life. I wish every Christmas was like that one.

100%. Last year was one of the most incredible, adventurous, cozy weeks of my life. This year has hardly felt like Christmas at all. Last I checked North Carolina still exists for those who want 50° in December.
No shame to anyone that loves the snow, but i don't think we need to trivialize the fact that last year’s blizzards literally killed a lot of people.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At least one official had Christmas spirit yesterday

“I said, ‘I want our defense to be out there,’ and they all looked at me like I was crazy,” Alexander said. “I’m like, I mean it’s pretty simple what I said, like I want the defense to be out there. They like, ‘You mean defer?’ and I’m like, ‘Yeah, I guess.’”

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm not going to speak for everyone here, but that blizzard was the best Christmas of my adult life. I wish every Christmas was like that one.

My wife and I spent our first Christmas married snowed in at the Hampton Inn next to the Northtown Center. No Sabres game, no relatives, and no friends - but we had bought a bunch of beer and booze and food and we had the indoor pool to ourselves the whole time with our cooler and bluetooth speaker, and we had a bed and a Roku so we found plenty to do! Sure a lot warmer here in Buffalo this year!

No shame to anyone that loves the snow, but i don't think we need to trivialize the fact that last year’s blizzards literally killed a lot of people.

I don't think anyone is trivializing it - you can acknowledge the many tragedies that occurred as a result of the storm while having fond remembrances of how you and your family made the best of a unique Christmas.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
KC finally put together a good drive, but their performance at home is making me nervous they'll lay an egg against Cincinnati next week.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If KC loses and Baltimore beats Miami, we control our own destiny for the 2 seed

Also, it means if Miami does win next week, they clinch the top seed, so maybe they rest starters week 18 in case we can't lock up the WC spot this week. KC losing today is optimal in every scenario, especially since we want them to win next week,

Reactions: SabresFan26

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If KC loses and Baltimore beats Miami, we control our own destiny for the 2 seed
That's insanity. 11-6 shouldn't be a 2 seed. Further illustrates how much the top teams in the AFC are cannibalizing themselves.

That said, there are a LOT of scenarios where we're playing Miami week 18 and then again in the WC round. Not sure how I'd feel about that....it's hard to beat a team 3x in a year and 2 of them need to be on back to back weeks.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That's insanity. 11-6 shouldn't be a 2 seed. Further illustrates how much the top teams in the AFC are cannibalizing themselves.

That said, there are a LOT of scenarios where we're playing Miami week 18 and then again in the WC round. Not sure how I'd feel about that....it's hard to beat a team 3x in a year and 2 of them need to be on back to back weeks.
Good news is I don't think the Dolphins can drop to the 7 seed, so if KC loses today, Baltimore beats Miami, and we beat NE and Miami, we'll be the 2 and guaranteed not to play Miami.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
My wife and I spent our first Christmas married snowed in at the Hampton Inn next to the Northtown Center. No Sabres game, no relatives, and no friends - but we had bought a bunch of beer and booze and food and we had the indoor pool to ourselves the whole time with our cooler and bluetooth speaker, and we had a bed and a Roku so we found plenty to do! Sure a lot warmer here in Buffalo this year!

I don't think anyone is trivializing it - you can acknowledge the many tragedies that occurred as a result of the storm while having fond remembrances of how you and your family made the best of a unique Christmas.

I have not returned to buffalo for a few Xmas times due to snow and emergency declarations. Was in town prexmas but left before storm last year.
Good news is I don't think the Dolphins can drop to the 7 seed, so if KC loses today, Baltimore beats Miami, and we beat NE and Miami, we'll be the 2 and guaranteed not to play Miami.
They can’t

they lose tiebreaker to Cleveland in a WC. You can get 6 Mia at 3 buf , 6/7 buf at 3/2 Mia

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

If I get to pick between a team that we already beat twice and another team I pick the one we've destroyed already.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
trying to figure out how incompetent you have to be give up 45 yrd pass play while in prevent coverage

you get 2 f***in arms wrapped around the qb and then cant bring him down

what an absolute embarrassment of a defensive drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad