Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This time after the sports are over and they tank it. We laugh and help each other and all of our compatriots from all over the world here for the party. We do the unexpected , take our time and find the real enemies and root them out carefully like the ticks they are and try to make as little mess as possible , together . When we are done and all go home and realize we only need our bodies , our new friends and hopefully wont get fooled again adter the next 161 to 170 years.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
One note, since I think someone here said the Browns might be scary; I don't think they're anything more than WC fodder. The game tape on the Flacco (great autocorrect suggestion) offense is out and they'll turn back into pumpkins soon enough.
I keep thinking Flacco will have to come down to earth and stop completing all the miracle throws at some point, but Cooper and Njoku have clicked with him, and they have a solid o-line and a decent at worst run game. I'd prefer to avoid them in the playoffs.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
One note, since I think someone here said the Browns might be scary; I don't think they're anything more than WC fodder. The game tape on the Flacco (great autocorrect suggestion) offense is out and they'll turn back into pumpkins soon enough.

In the playoffs I always fear an elite defense. I didn’t want to play the jets last year. I don’t want to play the browns this year. An elite D on a turnover bender can wreck any offense. Flacco will regress and the offense will struggle. Cleveland is a bad matchup for Miami especially

Reactions: Zman5778

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Can't see Elam displacing any of Benford, Douglas, or Jackson, plus they all seem to be in good health right now. I imagine he's destined to be inactive. Cam Lewis is more versatile, physical, and right now just better I think.

Did anyone ever figure out how Elam apparently got injured in preseason then didn't appear on the injury report until week 7 when it became apparent he wasn't contributing and we had a roster crunch sending him to IR?

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Pretty sure this isn't the sign of a team trying to make the playoffs:

If what Im reading is correct, then it's a move that atleast makes sense. Pretty sure if he gets injured he's stuck on the Broncos for two more years with a big cap hit. Benching him now gives them the chance to cut him in the offseason with less cap turmoil down the road. Someone will need to fact check me on that, though.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
If what Im reading is correct, then it's a move that atleast makes sense. Pretty sure if he gets injured he's stuck on the Broncos for two more years with a big cap hit. Benching him now gives them the chance to cut him in the offseason with less cap turmoil down the road. Someone will need to fact check me on that, though.
It's ugly for Denver if they release him regardless of timing

Friendly reminder of what Denver gave to Seattle for the pleasure of potentially two years of Russell Wilson

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
The Packers have got balls to suspend one of their best defensive players , and the only guy who has a chance of covering JJ on SNF, when they're fighting for their playoff lives . Especially against a team that they're in competition against for a WC spot.

He is a complete moron for almost screwing the team over but couldn't you've just hit him with a big fine or something?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The Packers have got balls to suspend one of their best defensive players , and the only guy who has a chance of covering JJ on SNF, when they're fighting for their playoff lives . Especially against a team that they're in competition against for a WC spot.

He is a complete moron for almost screwing the team over but couldn't you've just hit him with a big fine or something?

He didn't even really screw the team over - the ref asked him if he was sure he didn't mean defer and he went "yeah I guess." Apparently GB's coaches tell the refs what they want ahead of the coin toss and when Alexander was an idiot and apparently didn't know you have to "defer" not "kick" the refs gave them a 2nd chance to defer.

Green Bay got the ball first in the 2nd half.

EDIT: Sorry, nm, you said "almost". Don't mind me.

Reactions: Dingo44

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It's ugly for Denver if they release him regardless of timing

Friendly reminder of what Denver gave to Seattle for the pleasure of potentially two years of Russell Wilson

Yeah, but because of the year-out guaranteeing of the contract, it's always going to be no matter what. Eventually they'll have to bite the bullet, and this positions them to do so if they want.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I prefer NFL Playoff Scenarios for all playoff scenario items. They even crunch out when a team needs to clinch a Strength of Victory tiebreaker. I especially liked last week, where they found 84 elimination scenarios for the Chargers and 136 scenarios eliminating Jacksonville from getting homefield advantage and the 1 seed because strength of victory was involved. Of course, the simplest ones (Chargers lose and Jaguars lose, respectively) were the ones that happened. But they're quite thorough, and during the weekend they do live updates as each result comes in.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I prefer NFL Playoff Scenarios for all playoff scenario items. They even crunch out when a team needs to clinch a Strength of Victory tiebreaker. I especially liked last week, where they found 84 elimination scenarios for the Chargers and 136 scenarios eliminating Jacksonville from getting homefield advantage and the 1 seed because strength of victory was involved. Of course, the simplest ones (Chargers lose and Jaguars lose, respectively) were the ones that happened. But they're quite thorough, and during the weekend they do live updates as each result comes in.
There's a fun one in Green Bay's elimination scenario this week.

EDIT: Their percentage chance for each teams seeding is definitely off though. Making a tie equally likely to either team winning is....not the smartest way I've seen to simulate the rest of the season.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Same 14 scenarios for the Bills in each link that are both sourced from NFL.com

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1703770869294.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
How are you measuring it? It’s not 50% of a 1st round “ hitting” unless you are measuring someone staying around the league filling a receiver role. How much are you factoring in things like injuries or legal problems like with Ruggs.

in an nhl draft…I still look at a top 10 pick being a bust if they don’t live up to what you expect Drafting there.

For example Thomas Hickey was a top 5 pick. He had a long nhl career but he wasn’t a core player. He would have been a great pick if he was picked outside top 100.

in todays NFL due to team control periods you expect a top half 1st round pick to start from day 1, a later 1st/ early 2nd you figure by mid year. 3rd and beyond they might have part time back up roles in year 1 but year 2 they may improve. Because of this you might have players you think are good but aren’t all that special just because of their situation/ system.

in drafting teams tend to draft to fill certain roles like a big/tall receiver, speed/ stretch receiver, slot receiver, etc.
Capture.PNG

If you look at the top 10 WR drafted in 2020 by receptions, two fell outside the top 50 picks (Darnell Mooney & Gabe Davis).

You also have some drafts that are weird like 2019 where no WRs went until the 25th pick and it was a pretty thin WR crop in general. But, it did have some gems fall later in the 2nd and 3rd rounds than usual.

Capture.PNG

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
View attachment 791524

If you look at the top 10 WR drafted in 2020 by receptions, two fell outside the top 50 picks (Darnell Mooney & Gabe Davis).

You also have some drafts that are weird like 2019 where no WRs went until the 25th pick and it was a pretty thin WR crop in general. But, it did have some gems fall later in the 2nd and 3rd rounds than usual.

View attachment 791525
2015 and 2017 had highly rated receivers with more busts than booms. Depends on the year.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
QBs to Lead the League in Football Reference's AV Metric (from 2000 to Present):

2004 - Payton Manning*
2007 - Tom Brady*
2011 - Aaron Rodgers*
2015 - Cam Newton*
2016 - Matt Ryan*
2017 - Tom Brady*
2018 - Patrick Mahomes*
2019 - Lamar Jackson*
2021 - Josh Allen**
2022 - Josh Allen**

*Won MVP
**Lost MVP

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
QBs to Lead the League in Football Reference's AV Metric (from 2000 to Present):

2004 - Payton Manning*
2007 - Tom Brady*
2011 - Aaron Rodgers*
2015 - Lamar Jackson*
2016 - Matt Ryan*
2017 - Tom Brady*
2018 - Patrick Mahomes*
2019 - Lamar Jackson*
2021 - Josh Allen**
2022 - Josh Allen**

*Won MVP
**Lost MVP
I think you mean Cam Newton in 2015.

Jalen Hurts also tied with Allen in 2022 (and also lost MVP). Rushing/total TD"s just don't come up when people talk MVP, unfortunately (whereas Jackson's 1200 yard rushing season, because it was a record, did - but he also threw 36 TD's that year)

I guess you could argue "but what about Newton" - but he was actually within one passing TD of the NFL leader for a 15-1 team...when your team plays that well people are going to look for reasons to vote for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad