Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 4.37.19 PM.png
:D Schoen going to be back with the Bill's scouting soon

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
SalC says the 49ers were interested in Douglas but Green Bay did not want him in the NFC, also mentioned Bill's offer came in with better deal at the last minute and sniped them.

Rasul Douglas:
6 INTs in the 4th quarter or OT since 2021
Most among all CBs

@PFF
Rasul Douglas has the highest coverage grade amongst corners in the NFL. Min 75 snaps.

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
SalC says the 49ers were interested in Douglas but Green Bay did not want him in the NFC, also mentioned Bill's offer came in with better deal at the last minute and sniped them.

Rasul Douglas:
6 INTs in the 4th quarter or OT since 2021
Most among all CBs

@PFF
Rasul Douglas has the highest coverage grade amongst corners in the NFL. Min 75 snaps.

Love it. The D has always had that 'bend not break' mantra which I don't really like. We are in need of game changers. Strip sacks/timely INT's, etc.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
My friends feedback was:

good on the outside, bad playing nickel or covering the slot

He was locker room guy and fan favorite

Big play potential and is aggressive jumping routes. He likes his safeties to cover for him

Can be very physical in the run game when he wants to be.

Overall is streaky

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My friends feedback was:

Big play potential and is aggressive jumping routes. He likes his safeties to cover for him

Overall is streaky
Reading replies from Packers fans on Reddit Ive seen posters say he's almost elite while others have said a solid #2. Sounds like we got a good player regardless.

Still wish we got a big body on he D line, but this move fills a BIG need both this year and next year.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Reading replies from Packers fans on Reddit Ive seen posters say he's almost elite while others have said a solid #2. Sounds like we got a good player regardless.

Still wish we got a big body on he D line, but this move fills a BIG need both this year and next year.

Yea him and benford should be a really good pairing. Agreed on D line

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
My friends feedback was:

Overall is streaky

Pretty sweet move by GMBB.

I'd love to have my safeties cover for me too! Jump routes and hep me get paid with a couple extra INTs, maybe a pick 6!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
From the Athletic.

The Bills acquired cornerback Rasul Douglas and a fifth-round pick from the Packers for a third-round pick.

Why they made the move

The Bills are thin in the secondary with Tre’Davious White out for the season with a torn Achilles, while 2022 first-round pick Kaiir Elam hasn’t developed according to plan. Douglas is good enough to start immediately.

The Packers are shedding salary in the post-Aaron Rodgers era and are gearing up for a roster restart in 2024. They’re 2-5 and in current possession of the No. 6 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Trade grade (Bills): A

They’re still in a win-now mode, and they’re going to have to get through a gauntlet of high-powered AFC offenses if they’re going to reach the Super Bowl. Douglas has some versatility and should fit nicely into Sean McDermott’s defense.

The 29-year-old is a playmaker who has 10 interceptions and 32 pass breakups over the last three seasons. Again, with the pass-heavy nature of the AFC, the Bills were proactive about adding talent to their secondary rather than standing pat.

Trade grade (Packers): B-minus

It’s nice to add a third-round pick, but they weakened their secondary and surrendered a fifth-rounder to do it. It’ll help the rebuild, especially once they get Rodgers’ dead money off the books, but the Packers essentially traded Douglas to move up about 60 picks in the draft.

The situation in Green Bay has deteriorated this season, but that should be expected. The Packers were realistic in knowing they couldn’t build a contending roster with $60 million in dead cap space.

However, the rocky development of quarterback Jordan Love for an offensive-minded head coach in Matt LaFleur is the more troubling aspect of a season that has slipped away quicker than most probably expected. By moving Douglas, the Packers have admitted they recognize the playoffs aren’t

LInky: NFL trade grades: Commanders commit to rebuild, deal Chase Young, Montez Sweat for Day 2 picks

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
From the Athletic: The 29-year-old is a playmaker who has 10 interceptions and 32 pass breakups over the last three seasons.

He's 28 (8/29/95).

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I like the move. I think there was room to be a bit more aggressive, but if the thought process is Jones/Milano will both be back and White WON'T be, then just getting a CB makes a ton of sense. Flexing Poyer down on passing downs has worked. Douglas/Benford/Jones is much better than any version with Norman/Elam in it.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Not sure why they kept Elam. With Norman as depth now and this new trade with Douglas, would’ve been nice to flip him for an asset or something to fill in the DT/WR/LB.

Love the trade for a DB tho.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not sure why they kept Elam. With Norman as depth now and this new trade with Douglas, would’ve been nice to flip him for an asset or something to fill in the DT/WR/LB.

Love the trade for a DB tho.
The value of Elam’s untapped potential is probably higher here than in a trade. And that’s assuming there was even a market for him. And that’s assuming Beane was actually shopping him, considering how thin we already are at CB.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
View attachment 760905:D Schoen going to be back with the Bill's scouting soon

"Hey Brandon, whats with that fax in the corner, looks pretty sweet"
"It's old. From the Sabres front office, we haven't used it. We requested a new one and Terry said this was just sitting by the Dumpster at the Sabres arena. I just went to Staples and got a new one"
"Looks almost new, can I take it to NY with me?"
"Yeah man, go nuts"

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
The value of Elam’s untapped potential is probably higher here than in a trade. And that’s assuming there was even a market for him. And that’s assuming Beane was actually shopping him, considering how thin we already are at CB.
Chiefs and Fins put in calls on Elam in the offseason and Bills shut them down. They aren’t going to get a price that matches what they think he might be worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki