Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
I will be very surprised if Beane makes more than a peripheral move today. IMO, with so many teams being buyers, the price will be too high for him.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I wonder if the Bears would prefer to see him go to the AFC ?
Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 1.25.32 PM.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
more fake news out there than real right now lol I been duped twice the last hour

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
CB and DT are long term needs as well, so an in-season trade makes sense.

Do you think GM's are more unwilling to admit mistakes with an in-season trade? The Elam situation didn't work out. So now to solidify the CB position, Beane might have to spend a 2nd/3rd round pick to get a player that actually panned out. So in retrospect, he uses a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a guy for the position.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Do you think GM's are more unwilling to admit mistakes with an in-season trade? The Elam situation didn't work out. So now to solidify the CB position, Beane might have to spend a 2nd/3rd round pick to get a player that actually panned out. So in retrospect, he uses a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a guy for the position.
I don't think GMs are hesitant to walk away from picks who are not franchise type picks. If Allen was failing to pan out, maybe Beane has more slack for him, as an example.

For Elam? I'd think Beane would move on from him in a heartbeat if it meant improving the team.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I will be very surprised if Beane makes more than a peripheral move today. IMO, with so many teams being buyers, the price will be too high for him.

At some point he's going to have to push the chips in the middle, no?

Last year he got Marlowe & Hines with these peripheral moves you talked about. Nothing the year before. The team has holes, like anybody, but to do nothing when your window is now is crazy.

I don't think GMs are hesitant to walk away from picks who are not franchise type picks. If Allen was failing to pan out, maybe Beane has more slack for him, as an example.

For Elam? I'd think Beane would move on from him in a heartbeat if it meant improving the team.

Yeah, that's what I think as well.

If you're trading for Johnson right now, you do a couple things. You make the secondary stronger now and the likeliness of Tre White coming back until mid next year would be a miracle, so you have an option next year as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki