Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Johnson isn't nearly as good of a CB as Williams is a DT.

What would make sense for the Bills is if the Bears would do a straight swap: Elam for Johnson. Failing that, maybe a 4th for Johnson with some retention from Chicago.
It was referencing the Roquan trade. I also can't see a world where it would be a straight swap, if Beane could pull it off 👀.

It has also been mentioned that Sf and Dallas are jockeying for him as well

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Sal C's "theory" today is a Derek Henry trade to Baltimore was not progressing and they started looking at Fournette, so the Bill's acted quickly today to sign him. He does mention him as insurance for Murray. Also mentioned Harris is contemplating his nfl career.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Latavius Murray has been stopped at the one-yard line and failed to score a TD on the same drive an NFL-high 4 times this season. Fournette will bowl motherf***ers over in those situations. Great signing.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Latavius Murray has been stopped at the one-yard line and failed to score a TD on the same drive an NFL-high 4 times this season. Fournette will bowl motherf***ers over in those situations. Great signing.
I don’t think Fournette will be any better at running out of shotgun from the 1 yard line. That’s the problem.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I don’t think Fournette will be any better at running out of shotgun from the 1 yard line. That’s the problem.
Im not one to shake my head a coaching decisions, but Dorsey deciding to hand the ball off at the goaline rather than a QB sneak last game really irked me.

What's Allen's conversion rate on QB sneaks? I would've ran that play twice on the goaline.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Im not one to shake my head a coaching decisions, but Dorsey deciding to hand the ball off at the goaline rather than a QB sneak last game really irked me.

What's Allen's conversion rate on QB sneaks? I would've ran that play twice on the goaline.
Even if they just hand it off from under center at least the RB gets a running start. Out of the shotgun they're just sitting there waiting for the handoff. It's infuriating in short yardage.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I’m hoping they take a big swing at a CB. We are woefully inadequate in the secondary now and going forward.
Would I like to see us take a swing at a guy like Jaylon Johnson? Absolutely.

Do I think we're "woefully inadequate" in the secondary? No, no I do not. The CBs we have contained Mike Evans pretty damned well Thursday until the stupid bounce. Do I think that Cincy's WRs are going to eviscerate us? Yep......but they whallop a LOT of secondaries.

I think even moreso now that McD's taken control of the defense -- it all comes down to pressure by the D-line with the front 4. I think Benford/Jackson/Johnson and hell even Elam to an extent can cover adequately enough for 3-4 seconds. Then it's up to the D-line.

If I had to rank my personal "areas that I'd like to see us address in the next 24 hours", it'd be:

1.) Legit pass-rushing option/rotational option next to Oliver
2.) Legit cover LB (Josey Jewell???)
3.) Legit blocking TE (ie, NOT a 6th guard)
4.) Depth swing tackle
5.) Starting-caliber boundary CB

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The backfill for the DaQuan Jones injury at 1-tech DT is my #1 need right now.

WLB and CB are the only two other spots for me.

I think the personnel is fine on offense. They just need to continue to develop chemistry and consistency with execution on that side of the ball.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
After listening to state run…err…Bills run media with Chris Brown and company talk about the need to add defense by tomorrow’s deadline I was so pleased to read Barnwell on ESPN.com finally say what actually makes sense. They can’t replace Milano and White on defense. They should add to the offense to try and win shootouts. He’s right. They’ll be wrong. Middling the roster build has been their ultimate undoing every year. Make the thing you can do good great…not the thing you can do ok slightly better.

How good the defense is never matters when you face a top QB in the playoffs anyway. They’ve been trying that for years. Every time they get got by a QB who can beat any defense when they’re on. And Josh is always a weapon short of matching them.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
After listening to state run…err…Bills run media with Chris Brown and company talk about the need to add defense by tomorrow’s deadline I was so pleased to read Barnwell on ESPN.com finally say what actually makes sense. They can’t replace Milano and White on defense. They should add to the offense to try and win shootouts. He’s right. They’ll be wrong. Middling the roster build has been their ultimate undoing every year. Make the thing you can do good great…not the thing you can do ok slightly better.

How good the defense is never matters when you face a top QB in the playoffs anyway. They’ve been trying that for years. Every time they get got by a QB who can beat any defense when they’re on. And Josh is always a weapon short of matching them.

Have you ever acknowledged any of the hundred posts that explained we spent every significant asset on offense this off-season. They could not have focused on offense any more than they did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki