Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wow, now Cinci getting bailed out. Clear catch and fumble called an incomplete pass.
Nah, he never completed the "football move". That's incomplete by the rules. Technicality, sure...but as long as catch is defined that way, it's incomplete.

And Purdy with an awful, awful throw and it's picked.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Purdy just threw the classic Jimmy G pick over the middle

aaaaand that feels like game.

Burrow’s great but he gets *so* much help from that defense in damn near every game

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Nah, he never completed the "football move". That's incomplete by the rules. Technicality, sure...but as long as catch is defined that way, it's incomplete.

And Purdy with an awful, awful throw and it's picked.
Bringing it in to his body was the football move.

If that was in the end zone they call it a TD.

But doesn’t matter because Purdy sucks.

Not feeling great about this coming week. The Bengals are just not a good match up.

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
SF back within one score. Ravens running away from Arizona. Denver now up multiple scores after a punt muff

Seattle gets a pick around midfield with 2 minutes left

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Is Jacksonville the best and most complete team in the AFC? Where are they lacking? WR? They have a great defense and a pretty good offense.

Cincinnati is a close second, despite their record.

Miami is seriously flawed in defense. I’ll never buy the ravens as a real threat until they get rid of their gimmick QB (or force him to be a real QB). Bills have gaping holes in their defense after all the injuries. KC has no WRs and a porous OLine. Jets have no Offense (I’ll believe Rodgers is coming back this season when I see him on the field). Steelers and Browns have no QB.

Very weird year. But I guess that is what they want - parity.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think this week should serve as a bit of a reality check for fans across the league, but especially some of the doomers in our fanbase.

Chiefs had a bad loss to a division rival. Their season isn't doomed.

Bengals had a really bad start to the season where their offense looks flat our inept. Their season wasn't doomed.

San Francisco has a 3 game losing streak that exposed some definite weaknesses in their game. Their season isn't doomed, they'll just have to figure things out.

The Bills have been in a funk for the last month, losing a pair of games they'd like back. Just like those other teams, their season is not doomed.

Next Sunday night is going to be tough, but there's no reason the Bills can't put it together and put forth their best game of the season.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Watching the end of regulation in Jets-Giants left me asking why the NFL won't adopt the CFL untimed down rule when time runs out after a play? One huge advantage of this is that it prevents the officials from taking heat for not spotting the ball quickly enough.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
LOL @ Me. Dak, D-Hop and Gus Edwards all on my bench this week.

That said, I wasn't starting Gus over Etienne or Kamara.
D-Hop over Diggs or Kupp? No. D-Hop over DK Metcalf in my FLEX? That's debateable.
Dak over Herbert? Can't say I'd ever do that.

Not like it matters though. Opponent had Lamb, Burrow, Addison and Chase.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Is Jacksonville the best and most complete team in the AFC? Where are they lacking? WR? They have a great defense and a pretty good offense.

Cincinnati is a close second, despite their record.

Miami is seriously flawed in defense. I’ll never buy the ravens as a real threat until they get rid of their gimmick QB (or force him to be a real QB). Bills have gaping holes in their defense after all the injuries. KC has no WRs and a porous OLine. Jets have no Offense (I’ll believe Rodgers is coming back this season when I see him on the field). Steelers and Browns have no QB.

Very weird year. But I guess that is what they want - parity.
Jacksonville may not be the best team in their division pet alone conference.

Same with Cincinnati

Miami is the most dangerous, all that speed really allows the defense to be subpar.

Ravens are probably the most complete team. Also Lamar is a real QB, not sure why you think he isn't.

KC will continue to get the calls, they have Kelce and Mahomes which will always make them dangerous but they have holes on the online and the secondary.

We have holes all over but we actually game plan really well, except against the Bengals.

Rodgers was still hobbling today so odds are he won't be able to save their season

Steelers and Browns will fight for the last wild card spot, most likely.

Next week is a massive game. Bengals are rolling and Chase, Mixon, Burrow and their defense are clicking. If we can hand them a loss that keeps them in the North basement, gives us the tiebreaker and hopefully our of the playoffs (wishful)

Purdy's turning back into a pumpkin all of a sudden
Teams are getting tape on him and I'm sure that concussion probably didn't help.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Bringing it in to his body was the football move.

If that was in the end zone they call it a TD.

But doesn’t matter because Purdy sucks.

Not feeling great about this coming week. The Bengals are just not a good match up.
Bullsh*t , we were emotionally fried . If Benford and Bernard can keep playing at all star level w McD at the controls . Josh may just have an "ok" game against the bengals.. Ya never know .
All I'm saying is it wont be anything like the last two if the league let's them play.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Goddamn both "NY" offenses are so, so bad. Saquon and Breeze are utterly wasted talents.

Jax and Bal still look good. Not great, good.

KC losing is a nice bonus

Bengals are primed to lay a beatdown next week. I hope McDorsey have something good cooked up because the D will probably struggle

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
McDermott cannot coach scared/conservative next week. Trusting Benford and Jackson to adequately cover Higgins and Chase will be a disaster, and Boyd will probably eat the LBers alive on underneath routes in the MOF. Go out with the mindset that you have to score at least 35 to have a chance.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
In the AFC, I think the pecking order is:

KC: Denver game aside, their defense is improved over last year. I don't think you'll win many games when you lose the turnover battle by 4
Baltimore: Absolute elite defense with enough weapons on offense to keep ahead. They won't win shootouts, but that D won't get into a shootout.
Cincinnati: 1-3 start might cripple their chances at a high seed and probably won't win the division
Buffalo: The stupid loss to NE probably takes them out of home field and might cost the division, tbh. Still should be a playoff team. I'd feel much better about everything if they got some defensive reinforcements for the two all pros that we lost.
Miami: Their offense isn't EASY to stop, but it is stoppable. Their D looks better now that it's healthier, but still big concerns there. I think they are a 5 or 6 loss team still, more if they get any key injuries. Might be enough for the Division though, depending on Buffalo finishes.
Jacksonville: A good team in an easy division. Should easily win the division going away. Their biggest win came vs Buffalo, but they had a baked in advantage of 2 weeks to adjust to the time change vs 2 days...and they barely held on at that. Good team....not quite a great team though.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I wonder how much of Tyrod Taylor exploding might have figured into Daniel Jones being medically cleared to play. This was just three days ago...

“I’d say we are on this week, and we’ll see what happens next week,” Daboll said. “I’m not going to give you an answer that I don’t have right now. He’s getting better and we’ll see where he is next week.”
link

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I just had a conversation with a buddy of mine who's in a pool:

"Under no circumstances do you take the Bills this week. I don't care what the point spread is. You take the Bengals and you win."
"What if the point spread is......"
"No. I don't care. There is no point spread that Vegas will put on this game that will make me or you take the Bills"
"But..."
"No. You take the Bengals. They're on the upswing and we're bipolar, not on our lithium and missing our 3 best defensive players. You do not take the Bills under any reasonable cirumstance."
"Understood."

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

This is probably going to come back to bite them, but what the hell. I'd sign up for the same thing back when Brady was kicking our asses each and every year.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
McDermott cannot coach scared/conservative next week. Trusting Benford and Jackson to adequately cover Higgins and Chase will be a disaster, and Boyd will probably eat the LBers alive on underneath routes in the MOF. Go out with the mindset that you have to score at least 35 to have a chance.

Honestly I'm not that worried about McD vs their offense. We know who McD is and for the most part he's in the top 3rd of the league in aggressiveness. He's also a great defensive mind, but the injuries might be too much to overcome against against elite QBs. If their offense runs over us, I think it'll be a very good learning experience for some of the young guys that are in the lineup.

For me the big story will be Dorsey/Allen vs Anarumo. Their D kicked our offense's ass in the playoffs, we had no answers for some of their pressures and moving the ball was a massive struggle. I wanna see us solve their D, they do that and I'll have a big positive to lean on, even if we lose.

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Honestly I'm not that worried about McD vs their offense. We know who McD is and for the most part he's in the top 3rd of the league in aggressiveness. He's also a great defensive mind, but the injuries might be too much to overcome against against elite QBs. If if their offense runs over us, I think it'll be a very good learning experience for some of the young guys that are in the lineup.

For me the big story will be Dorsey/Allen vs Anarumo. Their D kicked our offense's ass in the playoffs, we had no answers for some of their pressures and moving the ball was a massive struggle. I wanna see us solve their D, they do that and I'll have a big positive to lean on, even if we lose.
Both games last year, they sat back on defense in the bend don't break mentality. I imagine he brings pressure on the first couple of series and sees how that works. The other thing is they could dare Cinci to run the ball and hope the dline holds up and they can swarm. Biggest thing is Burrow can't sit in a clean pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $656.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki