Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

View attachment 758844

View attachment 758841

:D:D:D
View attachment 758839

View attachment 758842
White looks like such a clown with his anti 12 personnel crusade. A healthy offense will have both tools at the disposal. FWIW their EPA per play was worse yesterday than against the Patriots.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
White looks like such a clown with his anti 12 personnel crusade. A healthy offense will have both tools at the disposal. FWIW their EPA per play was worse yesterday than against the Patriots.
Yeah, it's dumb to think that the Bills are just going to play the same 5 guys at the skill positions all the time. This isn't 1990.

11: Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Cook/Kincaid, RB
12: Diggs, Davis, Cook, Kincaid, RB
10: Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Sherfield/Harty

Just mix it up. And stay with the short timing passing, spreading the ball to multiple receivers.

Reactions: Zman5778

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

This summed it up well.

The feelings tests and eye tests about how the offense has been going have been something.

Although, it does raise some questions about EPA/a.

1st Downs: TB game 25 NE game 24
Yards: TB game 427 NE game 339
Yards/Play: TB game 6.3 NE game 5.1
Off TDs: TB game 3 NE game 3
Turnovers: TB game 1 NE game 2
TOP: TB game 31:57 NE game 32:14

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

This summed it up well.

The feelings tests and eye tests about how the offense has been going have been something.

Although, it does raise some questions about EPA/a.

1st Downs: TB game 25 NE game 24
Yards: TB game 427 NE game 339
Yards/Play: TB game 6.3 NE game 5.1
Off TDs: TB game 3 NE game 3
Turnovers: TB game 1 NE game 2

I'm definitely into the analytics, but I also want to know about drives, down and distance, and staying on schedule. That was the hallmark of guys like Brady and Montana. Keep the offense in good spots.

I'd much rather have the stats show something less than optimal, while keeping the offense in 2nd down and 6 or less, and 3rd and 4 or less. Those are good situations to keep the OC in as he's calling plays.

Keeping on schedule also limits turnovers, as the QB doesn't need to force things. If the 2nd and 6 play doesn't work, it's still 3rd and 6, which is reasonable.

That's why I'm a big believer in 12 personnel as the base set and HT as the base offense. They are great for keeping things manageable. Then, you're not having Allen play hero ball as much. KC looks like that. Mahomes magic comes as the exception, not the rule.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I mean geez even the analytics crew has the punt as the play on the 4th and 7 and the 4th and 9 while it was a two score game.

And I firmly believe the only way they lose that game at the end without something absolutely insane happening (which to be fair does seem to happen to this team) is by going for it and failing giving Tampa a shirt field with 20 seconds left.
Yeah I didn't mind the punts , big lead ,take the W and get off the field healthy.
Kincaid is maturing and I love it.

I get not going for it on 4th , keep Josh healthy.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'm definitely into the analytics, but I also want to know about drives, down and distance, and staying on schedule. That was the hallmark of guys like Brady and Montana. Keep the offense in good spots.

I'd much rather have the stats show something less than optimal, while keeping the offense in 2nd down and 6 or less, and 3rd and 4 or less. Those are good situations to keep the OC in as he's calling plays.

Keeping on schedule also limits turnovers, as the QB doesn't need to force things. If the 2nd and 6 play doesn't work, it's still 3rd and 6, which is reasonable.

That's why I'm a big believer in 12 personnel as the base set and HT as the base offense. They are great for keeping things manageable. Then, you're not having Allen play hero ball as much. KC looks like that. Mahomes magic comes as the exception, not the rule.
Success rate is the best stat for this. It's more about what % of downs you're doing the right thing whereas EPA is heavily swung by very bad or very good plays. Think of it as mean vs. median, sort of.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
Another blah game. My only solace is it seems like they might be growing into the team they should be? And if McDorsey can get out of their own way, we could be fine.

Accept the D is f***ed because of injuries. We will not be able to lock teams down all game BUT, if the offense establishes a lead, this iteration of the D is still fast and adaptable. It's built and called to stop big plays already! Let Josh and Co. ball out, trust them, and don't force a depleted defense to squeak out wins.

I think that's our best bet this year; don't see a way around losing 3 of your top 5 d-men and still fielding the defensive strategy/gameplan you had. It's all on the offense now

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Isn't Harty/Shakir #4 on the depth chart?

If WR #5 is our biggest problem...
If I'm adding a purely depth piece on offense, it's OT, because you always can use more depth on the line. We're one Dawkins/Brown injury from really major problems.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Thinking about the four consecutive punts...does McD distrust the defence more than he trusts the offence? I don't know. The defence was playing decent during the game. I would hope that wasn't the case however recent history suggested they could give up a TD drive at any moment so who knows.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
bet the league gives Cliftonh a suspension on top it. Maybe we see Johnson called up at least.

we do need a upgrade at #4 imo. Sherfield has looked useless.

He has a 75% catch percentage, and a 5.8 YAC per reception (which is best among all of our wide-receivers.) He's far from useless. He just isn't being targeted.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think trading Elam to a selling team for a contributing piece is more likely than trading him to a buying team for a pick.

IF we see trades, it's probably:;

Elam for a late round pick (1.3M in cap savings this year)

That gets us to 6.4M in cap space

That can get us two pieces.

1 of them is probably a CB with Elam gone.

The other is probably a line backer.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad