Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

That might not have been the Josh Allen the Buffalo Bills think he ought to be.

But it was the Josh Allen he’s got to be.

“You never want to limit Josh Allen,” Bills center Mitch Morse said. “He wanted to let his freak flag fly a little bit.”

And it soared higher than the Jolly Roger.

:clap:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

PICK 21: BUFFALO BILLS

• Most-picked player: WR Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State (21.1%)
  • Second choice: WR Rome Odunze, Washington (11.3%)
Injuries have hurt the Bills' overall outlook this season and beyond, but it’s becoming clear the fans are clamoring for another big-time pass catcher. Egbuka (75.6 PFF grade) and Odunze (83.2) are great choices.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I mean geez even the analytics crew has the punt as the play on the 4th and 7 and the 4th and 9 while it was a two score game.

And I firmly believe the only way they lose that game at the end without something absolutely insane happening (which to be fair does seem to happen to this team) is by going for it and failing giving Tampa a shirt field with 20 seconds left.
IIRC, they had 4th and 2 and 4th and 4, where Buffalo was doing a decent job when they were in rhythm, getting those yards. The 5 yard delay of game penalties added to those downs.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
It's easy to be positive after a win, and I'm a lazy, lazy man. So, let's go with that.

* I love what Harty brings to the roster in the way of making plays after the ball is in his hands.
* Cook has been extremely efficient and reliable this season. Probably doesn't get enough credit for the strides he's taken. (Not a pun.)
* Allen, for as much as we **** and complain about the offense, is quietly having one of the best seasons of his career.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I didn't mind the 1st 2 punts. The 4th and 2 and 4th and 1 I was a bit annoyed with, but with how Tampa was playing/Sam Martin was punting I guess you could go both ways.

BS offside non-call to end the 3Q goes the other way we're talking a different game anyway.

The 2nd half scoring drive for TB, too much stupid stuff, in a vacuum yeah they sustained a drive and scored, but it was over-the-top fluky, you won't see many drives like that.
1. Illegal contact
2. Not calling the play dead on facemask
3. OPI non-call+helmet bounce for TD
4. Bounce for 2pt

I think defense did good for what they are right now.
I agree only w 4th and two.

I am amazed at the abuse of mclappidy. He's present and aware of each minor defensive momenr and is encouraging w 4 or five D starters are out . He ( exceot for the end precipitated bt zebras bs call on Taron , exactly like the Sabres ottawa w retadrd zoo animals affecting a sprited Tampa performance on D and thru the air and besides josh the game breaker managers. Mcd who you all dont appreciate and cant see the complete manipulation the league does as we must stop them three. Or four times w 24 plays

, McD and his guys never wavered in their drive and really wprked together as unit to make milano, white jones miller amd hobbled others dominate w special teams help. Only philips call legit even though embelishe like every other bs call see taron to give the McD dominated bucs a fighting golf handicap chance . What pro offense cant get ten yards gited two fourths and and earlier first down to actia Add ten freeplaye when game shouldve been over as Taron did nothing
McD played chess and won multiple times and closed them out only to havethe heart attacks ending. That im suprised the NiFfLe didn't make up a pass interference end zonecall like gints.

I see McD doing well and putting next man up in position to succeed and honestly giving these second and third stringers belief

This poster like so many on tbd throwing mcd under the bus for a great win because he failed tp anticipate the leagu wouldn't let his team leave the field after succeeding four times stopping them only to do it again after Taron making all of decisions correct aside ftom NEVER from now on assuming a stop and taking that 4 and two risk that Vegas said was necessary but if game called normal we're off field game over ( mirror Ottawa sabres game w same motivation

All bills coaches must assume league will not allow defensive stop ( McD was excellent closing out and pressuring without being predictabl and leaning on new stars like Benford and Bernard to compliment Hyde and Poyer the cleanest secondary ( and most flagged at key times) in the niffle.

Heres a coherent but troll post that keyboard
9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Expand
Doesn't this mean that this decision increased the Bucs chance of winning by 1.5X from (2% to 3%), which is a huge increase. The thing that bothers me about these 4th down decisions is they are so simple. Does this give my team a better chance to win?? Yes, do it. No, don't do it. Making the repeated incorrect mathematical decision is a firable offense IMO.

Instead posters everywhere are calling for the head of a coach overcoming d injuries thats Didnt miss tackles on last series in NE and systematically limited tampa to basicall 8. Ungifted points and holds the best point differential in the manipulated league.

Last edited:

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
There was some good stuff today, but in the end, they still left an average team stay within one score and a chance to take the lead in the last 5 minutes. It was a win, but not a dominant performance.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
And I firmly believe the only way they lose that game at the end without something absolutely insane happening (which to be fair does seem to happen to this team) is by going for it and failing giving Tampa a shirt field with 20 seconds left.
The 4th and 7 and 9 were after we took delay of games. 4th and 2 feels like a go for it situation but we won so….

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Offensive notes:

I didn't like the offensive balance (40 passed to 26 runs, especially since some of the Allen runs weren't by design). Need to get at least 20 running back runs into the game plan.

I did like that the Bills spread the ball around passing. Davis and Diggs with 9 catches, Shakir with 6 catches, Kincaid with 5 catches.

Dorsey went with a short, timing passing game. I wouldn't say it was HT, but it had a lot of the same effect. The TV crew showed a stat last night where Allen was getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, the fastest all season. That's what needs to keep happening.

The short passing game let the receivers run. A lot more YAC yards than I can remember in a Bills game.

I don't see the need to add another receiver. Last night was proof. The receivers Allen has are just fine. It's game plan and how Allen makes decisions.

Offensive line did pretty well protecting Allen. I still don't like the sprint draws to Cook. They don't work. Just move on. The quick hitting dives seemed to work well.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The 4th and 7 and 9 were after we took delay of games. 4th and 2 feels like a go for it situation but we won so….
You're right. I was very drunk :laugh:

The 4th and 2 was probably a go situation, but I'm sure they were remembering not scoring from the 6 inch line earlier. Tamp's defense is more of their strength so they wanted to make the other side of the ball beat then I guess.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Offensive notes:

I didn't like the offensive balance (40 passed to 26 runs, especially since some of the Allen runs weren't by design). Need to get at least 20 running back runs into the game plan.

I did like that the Bills spread the ball around passing. Davis and Diggs with 9 catches, Shakir with 6 catches, Kincaid with 5 catches.

Dorsey went with a short, timing passing game. I wouldn't say it was HT, but it had a lot of the same effect. The TV crew showed a stat last night where Allen was getting rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, the fastest all season. That's what needs to keep happening.

The short passing game let the receivers run. A lot more YAC yards than I can remember in a Bills game.

I don't see the need to add another receiver. Last night was proof. The receivers Allen has are just fine. It's game plan and how Allen makes decisions.

Offensive line did pretty well protecting Allen. I still don't like the sprint draws to Cook. They don't work. Just move on. The quick hitting dives seemed to work well.
Allen having his quickest trigger in any game in his career helped the OL a ton.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Allen having his quickest trigger in any game in his career helped the OL a ton.

I think it was a little of both. The one corner (deep crossing?) route to Shakir down to the 5 he had all day to throw

But you're right in general, and it was by far the most I've ever seen Davis involved in the short passing game

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
But, it was way too close for comfort over the last 5-10 minutes of the game when they should have ended the game earlier.
I was out with my family watching the game last night. With about 5 minutes left and up 14 points we're all just kind of looking at each other and biting our tongues waiting for the inevitable...because we're all 40+ year fans of Buffalo sports and we've all seen this show before. You don't celebrate until Victory Formation or 0:00 on the clock.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
I'm sure missing their All-Pro CB, their All-Pro LB, their VERY good starting 1-tech and Ed Oliver not at 100% (and flat-out missing last week) and their best pure pass rusher not at 100% had NOTHING to do with their D being meh late in games.
Bupkis. Playing not to lose is a losing philosophy. That's three straight games they could have lost on the final play by giving up too much room underneath and doing nothing creative on the pass rush. Thirteen seconds (when there wasn't injuries to blame) was the same thing. Not an aberration, but a feature of McD's coaching.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 1.05.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 12.58.18 PM.png

:D:D:D
Screen Shot 2023-10-27 at 12.56.33 PM.png

1698426019783.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JLewyB

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I don't mind those punts at all up 14 with Baker playing like trash

I agree. The bills go for 4th down a lot, including around the 40. To paint McDermott as conservative is really ignoring the truth. In this game, they felt comfy with the two score lead and pinning them deep (and it worked out).

Who knows if the alternative would have been better. If we failed to make it early in the 4th and gave Tampa the ball at midfield, maybe things fall apart.

The surrender index had both punts as very cowardly, but not egregious. And don’t take into account: (1) our ability to pin them in the 5; or (2) how troubled the Tampa offense was

Reactions: buffa dud

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I would like to see Beane pick up DT Andrew Billings from the Bears. We simply have to improve on Settle/Ford/Phillips and help Oliver. 5th & a 7th maybe ?

They need to dump Sherfield, whether it be for an internal option or something outside for a late pick. Would like WR4/5 to be able to contribute a play or two a game and block.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad