Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Nobody knew where the ball was and nobody in position to knock it out of the hands. Yikes.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That was really, really, lucky.

This team is still not right. Second half offense just couldn't keep drives going, just one FG would have sealed it. But win is a win, mini-bye to heal up a little, now they need to have a statement against Cincy.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Need to heal up and rest before we head to Cincy next Sunday night. Then it's back to Buffalo the following Monday to host the Broncos.. 3 straight primetime games huh? Meh.

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
McDermott needs to fire his DC. ;~(

That's two weeks in a row the defense can't get off the field in crunch time against meh opponents. Not good enough, not good enough.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
That was really, really, lucky.

This team is still not right. Second half offense just couldn't keep drives going, just one FG would have sealed it. But win is a win, mini-bye to heal up a little, now they need to have a statement against Cincy.
Yep, we had 3 opportunities where it’s not out of question to go for it on 4th. We needed an attitude changing game after the poor showings the previous 4 weeks. Instead we almost gave the game away and showed ourselves to have no instinct to put teams away.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
There was plenty of good tonight, but plenty that still needs work. They've got 9 games to figure it out. Just get the wins however you can and make sure the team is playing the best football when it really counts.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
McDermott did everything in his power to give that game away in the last 12 minutes.

Offense is clicking pretty well? Let's punt it away on not one, not two, but *three* 4th and shorts from Tampa territory where getting a first and ten yards is almost guaranteed to put you in field goal range to go up by three scores and ice the game.

Other team's QB is about to be sacked and the game's gonna end? Not so fast, I called a defensive timeout before the play to save them.

If Godwin had just gotten turned around in time in the end zone, Tampa wins it. Also, I hate the rush four playcall there. I'm not saying go full Greggggg Williams YOLO mode like when he called cover 0 on a Hail Mary play vs. the Raiders, but in that type of situation, where the QB is gonna need ample time to let guys get downfield, step up, and chuck it a mile, I'm absolutely bringing one extra guy to blitz and try to cause some havoc.

Also, the special teams "aces" negated like 60 yards worth of field position in the 4th quarter alone. Pathetic showing from the blockers and it almost certainly cost them points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad