Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Undisciplined with penalties. Can’t beat ourself.

Didn’t love Murray today. Would’ve loved him to finish that final first down instead of getting under 2 yards per carry

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Serious Marvin Lewis vibes
McD, IMO, is a great "builder" as a head coach. Needed him here to turn the ship around, get out of the drought, and establish the Bills as, at the very least, not a clown-shoes org with a respectable culture. I sincerely doubt he's got the coaching acumen, guts, or willingness to adapt on the fly to lead the team to their ultimate goal. Hope I'm wrong, but man...the amount of goofy-ass losses and near-misses they've had under him is nuts.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Let me rephrase. I'm done with McDermott. Exudes the opposite of confidence. That's terrible head coaching. Whatever touch he used to have, he's lost it
McD did fine. I even like his glare in the box after cook run before maybe or maybe not set everybody up for a great play.

In a league that is against you and the world.
To have a point differential of a one loss or undefeated team w all the injuries is great coaching, putting guys into new situations that they can succeed

I think considering we needed three to ice it

Going fir it on the second 4th , 4th and two may have saved thr drama. But c'mon McD cant predi 8 to twelve free downs w the zebra's giving tampa a second chance and unfortunately philips gave a pro team a third set of downs and a zebras called a personal foul 15 yards in buffalo golf handicap bs league. McD dialed pressure and ended the game multiple times

Poyer. Two perfect non flag reads and break ups.

Benford all pro diving no flag play to break up a first down.

Bernard key run stuffs despite line being held every play. ( zebras called that finally for us )
Mayfieldplayed a great game within himself and poyer almost ended it.

Despite zebras being way to involved the bills and their fans stayed with multiple chances and Ed oliver and gang disled up very consistent pressure to help our lb amd db crew.

Taron always a clutch player

Great win.

Josh was old Josh and he also managed a couple great dives after all the luck was against what looked like an early blowout

Tampa bay really played hard and made key catvhes throughout or zebras wouldn't matter. Good game
Cook. Rules breaker of tackles. , kincaid is a reliable star. Shakir runs routes and has learned from Diggs harty was great. And

Diggs ! Is clutch.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
McDermott needs to fire his DC. ;~(

That's two weeks in a row the defense can't get off the field in crunch time against meh opponents. Not good enough, not good enough.

I'm sure missing their All-Pro CB, their All-Pro LB, their VERY good starting 1-tech and Ed Oliver not at 100% (and flat-out missing last week) and their best pure pass rusher not at 100% had NOTHING to do with their D being meh late in games.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
The offense is still not all the way there and a bit frustrating overall, but big step in the right direction.

Defense had an excellent game outside of that bizarre drive aided by weird plays and penalties. Given the injuries and adversity they are facing, anyone criticizing that side of the ball needs to step back. it was a great overall performance

The timing of some of the negatives makes the game way more frustrating than it probably was, but oh well.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
It’s remarkable how bad this team as looked and we can still say they have a horseshoe up their ass
We have been fooked with but still have a great points differential that is odd for a 5 and 3 team. I think we are really good , very deep athletically and intelligence wise. That may become way better w first real test in ten days

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Apropos of nothing there’s never been a coach-qb duo who won their first Super Bowl together after year 5

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Mc D is good maybe great coach.

Bass is always a great kicket but never put a game winning field goal on the line w hurricane nfl lurking.

Bernard and Benford are up and coming stars at the right time

Taron was always a star w no flag athletic closers Hyde and Poyer

Epoensa is much needed

Thank You Ed oliver. , one big game and a two week rest w a victory

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Man the offense was downright dominant fur 3 quarters too. I don't know what to think any the end of the game but this was by far their most complete performance on first and second down while the game was still in doubt .

They just got....a little passive

It’s always fun counting how many times we are one high probability play away from ending the game yet it keeps going. I think I got to 5 or 6 tonight. Crazy how we keep games alive at the end.

Thank the league for some of that. Classic game management calls on the punt returns when we had them pinned deep

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
My wife and I were at the game tonight. Had a great time.

We got a text that Allen was in the medical tent and the other Allen was warming up… what happened, did they discuss in the broadcast?

Overall a pretty solid game. I hate that McDermott didn’t go for it on any of the 4th and shorts after they failed at the 1 yard line. I also hate that they run out of shotgun in short yardage situations.

Reactions: yahhockey

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

If Rapp/Poyer is better than Poyer/the other LBs then I'm all for it. It's being creative to solve a problem. Adjust to the roster available and try to figure it out the best players to have on the field at the correct times.

We got a text that Allen was in the medical tent and the other Allen was warming up… what happened, did they discuss in the broadcast?

They were evaluating and/or working on his shoulder. I don't recall if they specified left or right shoulder however if you recall he had the right one x-rayed after one of the recent games, maybe the Giants game.

On the Hail Mary the Bills defence may have had the most blatant opportunity for a pass interference, illegal contact or holding penalty to be called I can recall seeing on that type of play. The defenders were turned around on three different Bucs receivers and making contact with all of them. I'm sure there is always some jockeying for position and they give defenders more leeway on those players however the Bills defenders took it to the next level. It should have been the third week in a row a late defensive penalty gave their opponents a great opportunity to win. The defence is never prepared for important situations or maybe none of the players has any situational awareness however either way that's on the coaching staff for not making them comfortable in that situation.

Last edited:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Serious Marvin Lewis vibes
Yep, we had 3 opportunities where it’s not out of question to go for it on 4th. We needed an attitude changing game after the poor showings the previous 4 weeks. Instead we almost gave the game away and showed ourselves to have no instinct to put teams away.
I can't predict a bs gift on a could 4th f downs that led to an inadvertent face mask that also extended a great game. Against any other team we go for any 4th just out of fg but mr Martin is a weapon.
I think McD gave presure flawlessly but we nedd to not pass out heart pills and end these ourselves. My only criticism of a short week and a chess match josh McD and the whole team looked like the won almost ten times yet No jugular. .

Reading Tbd boards they want to fire McD who dominated a very motivates Mayfield but the zebras , mayfield got some real luck and great effort to not give up.
If they ended it the two fourths w josh and three fourth fails that flagged into first ( 2 bs for a 4th) and three that mayfield just got better and did an excellent job getting unlikeliest extra lives.
Any of those we say great coaching to pur a D in position to deliver many knockout blows.
It sucked and i was relieved the league didn't try to pi it up our arse at the end.

I will say. We never EVER leave that in another teams hands again. Leave it in Joshs hands legs etc and step on necks A lot of bs luck and calls made a well coached game and great game for all our players on short rest look BAD in the end.
Great win. Looked exactly like buffalo ottawa last night that shouldn't have needed full tage effort ENG. masterpiece to win
Both wins really help both teams.

If we suck amd McD and coaches suck

Why do we have the best points differential in the league ?

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

If Rapp/Poyer is better than Poyer/the other LBs then I'm all for it. It's being creative to solve a problem. Adjust to the roster available and try to figure it out the best players to have on the field at the correct times.

They were evaluating and/or working on his shoulder. I don't recall if they specified left or right shoulder however if you recall he had the right one x-rayed after one of the recent games, maybe the Giants game.

On the Hail Mary the Bills defence may have had the most blatant opportunity for a pass interference or holding penalty to be called I can recall seeing on that type of play. The defenders were turned around on three different Bucs receivers and making contact with all of them. I'm sure there is always some jockeying for position and they give defenders more leeway on those players however the Bills defenders took it to the next level. It should have been the third week in a row a late defensive penalty gave their opponents a great opportunity to win. The defence is never prepared for important situations or maybe none of the players has any situational awareness however either way that's on the coaching staff for not making them comfortable in that situation.

Yeah I saw a flat out tackle from my seat. Don't love it, but I hated the officiating up to that point so.🤷

Reactions: buffa dud

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I didn’t mind the punts, Tampa Bay couldn’t move the ball and when they did at the end they basically (should’ve) killed the game on themselves due to bad clock management.

At the end of the Giants game they tried salting it way with a pass to Knox, Allen missed. You know the rest of the story. Our luck is just like, stadium was built on a burial ground level insane.

Reactions: K8fool

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Just to pile on - that was some terrible coaching from McD all around. The multiple punts, the defensive timeouts, the formation on a Hail Mary, again…
This is stupid. The punts were not only understandable, they were correct, the defensive timeouts only look bad because the other team stopped playing, and what was wrong with the formation on the Hail Mary? They dropped multiple guys deep, as you should.

I'm glad I wasn't on the thread towards the end of the game because you guys went full moron.

Dorsey needs to stop going shotgun from the 6 inch line. They should have been up 20 at the half if not for that and a fluky INT (on another play Dorsey tried to get cute on)

Given the injuries the defense was outstanding and could have had a couple turnovers with friendlier bounces.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Allen inspires this team, their head coach demoralizes them
I'm sorry. , but I believe that's no true. The 4th down gift on taron that ended the game, no not says niffle. Should have been the final breathe for Tampa. McD might piss the o off not going 4th and two, but Martin was nearly perfect as a weapo . End the heart attack ending by keeping the throttle intil up three scores may be McD lesson. Other than a twenty two play drive w ten to twelve gifted as buffalo plays clean ( which must be accepted as norm by now , and it all was handled well as I believe the whole staff and McD has their trust.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I didn’t mind the punts, Tampa Bay couldn’t move the ball and when they did at the end they basically (should’ve) killed the game on themselves due to bad clock management.

At the end of the Giants game they tried salting it way with a pass to Knox, Allen missed. You know the rest of the story. Our luck is just like, stadium was built on a burial ground level insane.
Learning to overcome antenna telephony ( 1996 telecom act and beyond kubrick) is first understanding then executing under various forms of duress. Great job by josh whose rightly annoyed by faithless media . They all did very well tonight

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I didn't mind the 1st 2 punts. The 4th and 2 and 4th and 1 I was a bit annoyed with, but with how Tampa was playing/Sam Martin was punting I guess you could go both ways.

BS offside non-call to end the 3Q goes the other way we're talking a different game anyway.

The 2nd half scoring drive for TB, too much stupid stuff, in a vacuum yeah they sustained a drive and scored, but it was over-the-top fluky, you won't see many drives like that.
1. Illegal contact
2. Not calling the play dead on facemask
3. OPI non-call+helmet bounce for TD
4. Bounce for 2pt

I think defense did good for what they are right now.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I was good with the way the Bills played aside from the penalties (giving the Bucs life of 4th down twice) and the three 4th downs when they didn’t go for it.

You’re up by 14, defense is playing well. Just put the dagger into the opponent.

Reactions: oldgoalie

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Overall, the defense was much improved vs an offense that can hurt you quick. Moving Poyer down to LB on 3rd downs was a good move. Also getting Elam off the field helped a ton.

Go get a coverage LB and a boundary corner better than Josh Norman and pray Jones is healthy for the end of the season. Buffalo has a gift here that they have a long week before the trade deadline and their next game. Plenty of time to add some bodies and get them up to speed before Cincinatti. Also should be able to add some new wrinkles to the offense to give Cincy some fits.

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Wasn't Oliver 9th overall?
Yeah, my bad.

I still think calling him a whiff is a stretch. I think the better conversation with him as a pick is was it a single or a double versus whether it was a hit or an out.

I was good with the way the Bills played aside from the penalties (giving the Bucs life of 4th down twice) and the three 4th downs when they didn’t go for it.

You’re up by 14, defense is playing well. Just put the dagger into the opponent.
The Bills much have watched the Sabres-Sens game and said, "Hold our beers..."

Much more positive than negative for me. But, it was way too close for comfort over the last 5-10 minutes of the game when they should have ended the game earlier.

Risk averse McD is not the McD that they needed last night.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It’s been a while since I haven’t hated the offensive execution in a game overall.

Sucks they couldn’t score in the first again, but I liked the timing, the no huddle, and liked the focus on anybody but Diggs early on.

Hell, I didn’t mind the defensive execution as well overall for most of the game. They made plays when they needed to against a bad offense, something we couldn’t do for weeks.

This game put a large spotlight on the personality and mindset on this organization’s coaching staff though. This team needed a game to get right, to feel good going into the bye week. I’m not entirely sure they accomplished that.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I mean geez even the analytics crew has the punt as the play on the 4th and 7 and the 4th and 9 while it was a two score game.

And I firmly believe the only way they lose that game at the end without something absolutely insane happening (which to be fair does seem to happen to this team) is by going for it and failing giving Tampa a shirt field with 20 seconds left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad