Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Fournette signing is just fine. He's still capable and can catch the ball. And more importantly, I think he immediately becomes our best pass-blocking back.
I've read mixed notes re: Fournette run blocking. Some say he rarely blocks (is rarely schemed to block), and/or isn't good at it. But you can find abundant facts to support almost any opinion on Al Gore's Amazing Internet. What's the truth? I agree picking up an effective pass-blocking back is a great get, if that is indeed Fournette.

Do you think GM's are more unwilling to admit mistakes with an in-season trade? The Elam situation didn't work out. So now to solidify the CB position, Beane might have to spend a 2nd/3rd round pick to get a player that actually panned out. So in retrospect, he uses a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a guy for the position.
Ignoring he was traded for a 3rd with a 5th coming back because that's not the point of your post.

You absolutely can't look at players who don't pan out as hoped and do nothing to address it because that's a sunk cost fallacy. You could just as easily lose a high draft choice to a career-limiting or career-ending injury. Would you fail to acquire a replacement in that scenario?

Analogy: You just replaced your roof. Weather event (hail storm, hurricane, etc.) or poor installation is causing it to leak on your pristine new floors and priceless collection of Michael Jackson, Prince, and Leonard Nimoy memorabilia. Do you let the roof keep leaking because you just paid good money for it, or do you replace the roof?

Reactions: Paxon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad