Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
If Hill is out for an extended amount of time, that is a huge injury. It also sucks for me as he is the reason I'm 6-1 in my fantasy league right now....

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If you listen to one Bills podcast today, it should be this week's episode of The Bruce Exclusive:

If you listen to a second Bills podcast today, it should be this week's episode of The QB Room with Kyle Allen, Jordan Palmer, and this week's guest: Fitzmagic:

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It's got to the point where I intentionally avoid this thread (along with anything else Bills related) after any type of loss.

Kincaid was a plus point from the last game, he's quietly putting together a solid (if unspectacular) rookie season.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Knox - but if he's going to be out for any length of time , id be more inclined to find a prototypical TE who can block & keep letting Kincaid do what he's doing, than finding another slot receiver such as Renfrew.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

That's interesting...

1.) Who is this Josh Brown guy, and is he credible?

2.) If we do trade him (big IF, IMO), that's a CLEAR indication that he wasn't signing long-term here (or we didn't have any interest in signing him long-term)

3.) If we do trade him (still a big IF, IMO).......that's another $2.7M in cap space freed up. Would we go after some defensive help? Or bring in another WR?

So weird.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

2.) If we do trade him (big IF, IMO), that's a CLEAR indication that he wasn't signing long-term here (or we didn't have any interest in signing him long-term)

3.) If we do trade him (still a big IF, IMO).......that's another $2.7M in cap space freed up. Would we go after some defensive help? Or bring in another WR?

So weird.
It would be a mistake IMO.

If you're letting Davis go - most likely because you can't afford to resign him - the most economical way of replacing him is via the draft.

Trading him mid season only makes sense if you're getting an absolutely outrageous return. I don't see him having that much value though.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
The answer to his question is "No", for the reasons you cite. No NFL offense will score 22+ points every week. Expecting 22+ points every week is just simply folly.
But you would expect them to win any given game, to be fair. Just that you'd know there's going to be a few clunkers (3-4 losses for the best offenses?)

Defense also can tie into offense. It's going to be tougher to score a lot of points with our defense in the state it's in independent of how the offense is playing.

EDIT: Just looked at the last 3 years, we would have gone 13-3, 13-4, and 13-3 the last 3 years under that hypothetical. Would have lost earlier in the playoffs in 2020 (17-3 win vs. Baltimore wold be a loss) and obviously not lost to the Chiefs in 2021.)

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Renfrow absolutely still has gas, he’s just stuck with one of the biggest frauds in the coaching world. Don’t know that this is the place to revitalize his stats tho

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The 2007 patriots were pretty damn close! One game under 22 with a score of 20 points
And if no team in the last 15 years has come close to doing it, expecting any team to do it is not being realistic, IMO.

It would be a mistake IMO.

If you're letting Davis go - most likely because you can't afford to resign him - the most economical way of replacing him is via the draft.

Trading him mid season only makes sense if you're getting an absolutely outrageous return. I don't see him having that much value though.
If they trade him, my guess is that they have a WR, like say DHop, coming in.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Bills up to 9.5 point favorites. I thought 8.5 at the start of the week was steep with the state of their defense.

Hopefully the defense as it stands matches up better with Tampa and they can get to Baker a few times. Dunno who's gonna be able to cover Evans though.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

So weird.
He's just a fan with an opinion.

My guess is that if he goes out, they have what they perceive as an upgrade coming back in. I doubt Beane does it. But, it is interesting to think about given the lack of an extension to date.

Reactions: zenthusiast

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
They may have made a fool of me for three weeks straight but I think that line undersells what’s going to happen tonight. Feeling a blowout that papers over the last few weeks

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
He's just a fan with an opinion.

My guess is that if he goes out, they have what they perceive as an upgrade coming back in. I doubt Beane does it. But, it is interesting to think about given the lack of an extension to date.
Antonio Brown has seen the error of his ways

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad