Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Just pushed back from ROC for flight to CLT. Will likely miss all but 4th quarter.

Thinking of changing my avatar location to John Wawrow’s basement. It’s currently “in the company of jerks” referencing the hurricanes rallying cry a couple years ago.
ask the pilot for updates : ) actually someone should have Prime for you to stream it ?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Getting a starting DL that you sign to a second contract in the back half of the 1st round is not a whiff.

Oliver is that and I think that Rousseau is likely to re-sign unless he wants crazy money elsewhere ala Edmunds.

Wasn't Oliver 9th overall?

It's a mixed bad but some really good picks on day 2. I'd say he's at least middle of the pack and maybe higher among NFL GMs.

2018: Harrison (3rd) good
2019: Ford (2nd) bad, Singletary (3rd) good, Knox (3rd) good
2020: Epenesa (2nd) just crossing the threshold from bad to good, Moss (3rd) bad for the Bills
2021: Basham (2nd) bad, Brown (3rd) good
2022: Cook (2nd) good, Bernard (3rd) good
2023: Torrence (2nd) good, Williams (3rd) too early to tell

Not really a knock on the player since Cook is fine, but the choice of draftng a RB in the 2dn round isn't proper asset management. In my book, Cook would have to be out producing Kamara from 2018 to be in my "good" category.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Even Moss wasn’t a bad pick. I just think the offense philosophy really evolved when Allen truly broke out a few months later, and Moss didn’t fit what they wanted to do.
The coaching staff did Moss zero favors by rolling him out in short-yardage situations, and running him right between the tackles. As if the opposing defensive coordinator didn't see that coming, after watching the exact same play employed by the Bills week after week. Had they put Moss off to one side of Allen, Cook off to the other side, and let him peel off for a short pass every now and again (or something equally unpredictable), it would have held opposing defenses honest.

(Note: every once in a while, the Bills do that crap, and it drives me nuts. For a season, it was Allen trying to goad the defense into taking a penalty rather than go for it in short-yardage situations. And then there was McDermott's "icing" the opposing kicker with a timeout phase, as if that was a proven thing. There are probably other moments where the coaching staff fell in love with an idea, but didn't have the foresight to weaponize their own predictability. But, I'm struggling to remember all of them atm.)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Not really a knock on the player since Cook is fine, but the choice of draftng a RB in the 2dn round isn't proper asset management. In my book, Cook would have to be out producing Kamara from 2018 to be in my "good" category.

Alvin Kamara in 2018: RUN: 194/883/4.6/14 REC: 81/709/8.8/4

PROJECTED James Cook in 2023:RUN: 214/1018/4.8/2 REC: 42/452/10.9/2

The receptions and the TD's aren't there.............but the rest is a quite favorable comparison. I think your expectations are slightly out of whack.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Alvin Kamara in 2018: RUN: 194/883/4.6/14 REC: 81/709/8.8/4

PROJECTED James Cook in 2023:RUN: 214/1018/4.8/2 REC: 42/452/10.9/2

The receptions and the TD's aren't there.............but the rest is a quite favorable comparison. I think your expectations are slightly out of whack.

Maybe. I picked 2018 thinking that was when Kamara was on fire (thinking fantasy and touches). That may be off. But yeah, 81 receptions is a LOT out of a backfield that never does that.

It's more about the general point really.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

Guess it was Elam, nothing too earth shattering here

Is there any chance they will actually spread out all of those WRs and sling it all over the field? Maybe even play hurry up on offence for the entire game? It also spreads the defence to potentially allow for more running lanes for Allen if he elects to run.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
After taking Basham with a second after drafting the same position in the first…and Elam WHO THEY KNEW WASNT A SCHEME FIT in the first…I don’t want to see people claiming Beane doesnt draft for need. He does. When it’s defense.

Meanwhile WR 2 has been a glaring need for years and he can’t be bothered to throw a day 2 pick at it.

The philosophy has to change or the results won’t.

A recent first round pick being scratched for a street free agent senior citizen is pretty earth shattering.

Reactions: SabresFan26

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The coaching staff did Moss zero favors by rolling him out in short-yardage situations, and running him right between the tackles. As if the opposing defensive coordinator didn't see that coming, after watching the exact same play employed by the Bills week after week. Had they put Moss off to one side of Allen, Cook off to the other side, and let him peel off for a short pass every now and again (or something equally unpredictable), it would have held opposing defenses honest.

(Note: every once in a while, the Bills do that crap, and it drives me nuts. For a season, it was Allen trying to goad the defense into taking a penalty rather than go for it in short-yardage situations. And then there was McDermott's "icing" the opposing kicker with a timeout phase, as if that was a proven thing. There are probably other moments where the coaching staff fell in love with an idea, but didn't have the foresight to weaponize their own predictability. But, I'm struggling to remember all of them atm.)
Moss fell down or or ran out of bounds to avoid contact when he played here. Good riddance!

Is there any chance they will actually spread out all of those WRs and sling it all over the field? Maybe even play hurry up on offence for the entire game? It also spreads the defence to potentially allow for more running lanes for Allen if he elects to run.

yah, that was all to do about nothing this afternoon wan't it ?

Reactions: Husko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad