Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/DAL] Kraken select and sign Jamie Oleksiak (5 years, $4.6M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
Other than this season he was always playing 3rd pairing minutes in his career. Goes from that to landing $4.6AAV, seems like way too much

Reactions: Gurglesons

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
A bit expensive but not bad for a new franchise. It’s for 5yrs with the cap rising and in a more offensive style team he could earn that.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
That's a high AAV. Real high. Solid player defensively though. WTH I guess, Cap they have

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Between some absolutely bizarre and bad picks (some of which seem like Hak-based decisions) as well as this signing, Seattle looks like it might be pretty badly run.

Their justification for making some bad expansion picks was tons of cap space, then they use it on this. So, explain that rationale now fellas.

Reactions: Gurglesons

The Blueprint

Dec 4, 2018
Seems like a lot but watch him pull a wild Bill like season out of a hat here. First season with a new team, nice fat contract...I'm calling it right now, Oleksiak is the new chara starting next season and every GM and fan wonders what happened and how they got him so wrong

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Wow… I thought he would get a juicy contract after a career year but yikes! He’s a #5 dman on a contender at best…

Kraken better hope he avoids big injuries and doesn’t get concussion problems from fights during the 5 years…

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He was a solid 2nd pair guy since he got back from Pittsburgh. A big defensive D with some occasional offensive flash.

Fans always think guys are overpaid as contracts go up, but GMs or at least one of them for each UFA, will pay the new market price.

Dallas probably couldn't afford the first number to be a 4. Seems Dallas let Gologowski when AZ paid him $4.8 mil in 2015, so this doesn't seem that high 6 years later.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I thought he was in that Chiarot, Edmunson, Demelo, Dillon, Larson kinda $3 - 4 million a year guy. This seems kinda high.

Agreed. Would have pegged JO for around 3.5. Especially when they just signed a better player in Larsson for less term at 4M AAV

Reactions: JBeast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad