Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA/DAL] Kraken select and sign Jamie Oleksiak (5 years, $4.6M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
He looked real good next to Heiskanen but hey, who doesn’t look good next to him? Rig is an above average skater and passer and can clear the net front. He makes occasional lapses but he’s gotten more consistent the past two years in his play. It’s not a term or AAV the Stars could do though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen earning another D-partner a contract

Oleksiak was good next to him but not so much anywhere else. I would've loved him back on the Stars at $3-3.5m but this is wayy too much

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They've drafted like 20 defensemen.

Oleksiak looked really good with Heiskanen. He's been a fringe 3rd pairing guy prior to that.

And who among them is better? Has more experience? Pretty short list after Gio and Larsson.

You have to evaluate the signing in context. The context is that Seattle has zero other options and needs to take what few proven commodities are out there. $4.6m x 5 is a lulwhut grade for a cap strapped team but it's great for Seattle.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I agree I just didn't know that his reputation and game improved so much since he was dealt by the Pens back to Dallas. Back than he seemed to be a Justin Holl type player with better size. Now he's being looked closer to a TJ brodie which is a big jump.

He's not that old so makes sense why he improved since the trade

teams are going to pay for guys that can play defense and stop goals. Wait until you see Adam Pelechs contract. He’s a top5 defensive dman in the NHL

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And who among them is better? Has more experience? Pretty short list after Gio and Larsson.

You have to evaluate the signing in context. The context is that Seattle has zero other options and needs to take what few proven commodities are out there. $4.6m x 5 is a lulwhut grade for a cap strapped team but it's great for Seattle.

Soucy and Dunn?

Having Oleksiak as a lynch pin of your new D is insane.

Reactions: majormajor

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Weird, I would figure Larsson would get this kinda deal and Oleksiak would get what Larsson did. Wonder what they're going to give Dunn who needs a new deal as well. No wonder they didn't take Voracek or Tarasenko, that cap space is going to be gone soon.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That's a risky deal but I'm not so sure he won't live up to it. He's improved a lot over the years. Sometimes we say a guy "was only good because of player x" and then it turns out that he just got better.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm stunned
ActiveCoarseHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: BillDineen

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Mayfield is grossly underpaid. Oleksiak biggest problem is health. He’s a solid #4 defenseman. The AAV isn’t bad. That’s a very manageable number. You need guys who can play defense.

Health? Maybe im forgeting something, but i dont remember him being injured much during his time in Dallas

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad