Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Devon Toews :sarcasm: and no the Avs aren't trading Girard for Mayfield
Toews was traded because the Islanders couldn’t afford the salary increase at the time and his playoffs that year were awful. It’s very similar to the Nick Leddy situation in Chicago years back. I’m glad he finally figured out how to find the defensive zone once he went to Colorado because he sure as heck couldn’t find it with Trotz as his coach.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Toews was traded because the Islanders couldn’t afford the salary increase at the time and his playoffs that year were awful. It’s very similar to the Nick Leddy situation in Chicago years back. I’m glad he finally figured out how to find the defensive zone once he went to Colorado because he sure as heck couldn’t find it with Trotz as his coach.
I know why he was traded, very puzzling about the dzone under Trotz.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I know why he was traded, very puzzling about the dzone under Trotz.
He wasn't very good in the previous playoffs either. It is odd. The second he felt pressure he'd make a mistake. It was a given.

I'm all over the Toews steal thread being all whiny about hating to let him go (it was an awful move and I'm convinced they did everything possible to try and move Leddy first).

I'm way more bitter about having to trade Devon than I ever was about Tavares leaving (as I maintain that's both JT and Ledecky/Malkins fault; JT might have been a dick but he never should've gotten to FA, that's all on Ledecky/Malkin).

Reactions: Alienblood

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He wasn't very good in the previous playoffs either. It is odd. The second he felt pressure he'd make a mistake. It was a given.

I'm all over the Toews steal thread being all whiny about hating to let him go (it was an awful move and I'm convinced they did everything possible to try and move Leddy first).

I'm way more bitter about having to trade Devon than I ever was about Tavares leaving (as I maintain that's both JT and Ledecky/Malkins fault; JT might have been a dick but he never should've gotten to FA, that's all on Ledecky/Malkin).
On the plus side, they have a Toews level replacement who’s home grown if he continues to play the way he has. Robin Salo seems to be trending towards the LH OFD who isn’t afraid to carry the puck/run the PP from the point. We also haven’t seen many mistakes from him, especially when he has pressure.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

this isn’t accurate at all- he did struggled in the playoffs in his final year with Isles.

Toews always a strong player in the d zone.

your optimism for Salo is based on what? Hope or actual play?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
this isn’t accurate at all- he did struggled in the playoffs in his final year with Isles.

Toews hasn’t seemed like he struggled since playing in Colorado though. Toews wasn’t that strong of a player in his own zone. He got flustered pretty quickly leading to mistakes. His game was more offensively inclined. I’m guessing it’s partly because he’s playing with Makar. As for Salo, watching him play. His first game was rough but it was also because of his first game in the NHL. He’s improved very quickly and looks extremely comfortable at the NHL level.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Odd take on his dzone play considering he has been really good in that regard with the Avs

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
What about Mayfield and Koivula for Ryan Johnson, Bjork and Biro? I’ll add Florida’s 2022 1st if Mayfield signs an extension. Or flip the 1st and Johnson if you want.

No way. Want nothing to do with Johnson at 8M per. Mayfield isn't going to go unless we can get someone young and good to play on the wing with Brazal.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
No way. Want nothing to do with Johnson at 8M per. Mayfield isn't going to go unless we can get someone young and good to play on the wing with Brazal.

Ryan Johnson. The University of Minnesota dman acquired with the 1st received in the ROR trade. Not Ryan Johansen the Nashville centre. I think the dman will get less than $8M per year.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Ryan Johnson. The University of Minnesota dman acquired with the 1st received in the ROR trade. Not Ryan Johansen the Nashville centre. I think the dman will get less than $8M per year.

Oh ok, my bad. I love Quinn from Buffalo, he's the scoring winger that we need for Brazal.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Oh ok, my bad. I love Quinn from Buffalo, he's the scoring winger that we need for Brazal.

You’d definitely have to add to Mayfield to get him. And yes, I know that sounds like a homer take, but he’s one of their top 3 prospects (order him, Power and Krebs how you want to), so it’d take a lot.

How come Wahlstrom isn’t paired with Barzal? Him, Barzal and Lee seems like a no brainer 1st line.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
You’d definitely have to add to Mayfield to get him. And yes, I know that sounds like a homer take, but he’s one of their top 3 prospects (order him, Power and Krebs how you want to), so it’d take a lot.

How come Wahlstrom isn’t paired with Barzal? Him, Barzal and Lee seems like a no brainer 1st line.

Because Trots doesn't feel Wahlstrom is a balanced winger (Def and Off). Isles fans are going nuts with Trots, we have been begging him to play with to play with Brazal.

I'm not sold on Ryan Johnson, Plus I'd want a scoring youngster to for him, if I dealt him.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Because Trots doesn't feel Wahlstrom is a balanced winger (Def and Off). Isles fans are going nuts with Trots, we have been begging him to play with to play with Brazal.

I'm not sold on Ryan Johnson, Plus I'd want a scoring youngster to for him, if I dealt him.

Yea that’s just silly, but Trotz is gonna Trotz. Quinn would be an ideal Trotz guy.

Unfortunately the Sabres don’t have another Quinn. Regardless of how he does offensively, his floor is a defensively responsible 3rd line winger (and given that the Sabres earlier tried him as a C, that tells you how unique he is).

You’d have to overpay for him. Mayfield isn’t that.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Bumping this one...
What would it take to get Mayfield on the Pens, Isles fans?

If I start with our best LD prospect Pierre Olivier Joseph, add a 2nd round pick and UFA to be Zach Aston Reese (LW defensive whiz that Trotz should like).... how far off are we?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The NYI are in need of defensive help on the left side, they won't be moving Mayfield even though he plays the right side.
They have lost two mobile D-men these past 2 years and can't find any suitable replacements.
I thought Lou was some cap management magician though?

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I'd say if the leafs offered

Dermott+2nd+Holmberg/ Abrusezze for Mayfield I think thats a pretty good offer if we had to up the 2nd to a 1st I'd be ok with that it may have to be a 2023 as we are short on picks this year. I compare to the Muzzin trade as we get a top 4 dman for 2 playoff runs. Mayfield does things we lack on the backend which is hits, block shots, disrupts cycles down low and sticks up for teammates. I want a guy that adds this type of element as we sorely lack again this year and really need in the playoffs. I would say the muzzin trade as a template would be something close to what the isles should look for. I think at the time Muzzins value was higher as he won a cup and provided offense as well. Mayfields cap hit will up his value as that's huge for teams now.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'd say if the leafs offered

Dermott+2nd+Holmberg/ Abrusezze for Mayfield I think thats a pretty good offer if we had to up the 2nd to a 1st I'd be ok with that it may have to be a 2023 as we are short on picks this year. I compare to the Muzzin trade as we get a top 4 dman for 2 playoff runs. Mayfield does things we lack on the backend which is hits, block shots, disrupts cycles down low and sticks up for teammates. I want a guy that adds this type of element as we sorely lack again this year and really need in the playoffs. I would say the muzzin trade as a template would be something close to what the isles should look for. I think at the time Muzzins value was higher as he won a cup and provided offense as well. Mayfields cap hit will up his value as that's huge for teams now.

You've over valued Mayfield considerably. You want to pick up Mayfield to replace Holl, because we lack a guy who hits... and yet Holl has more hits the last three years. Mayfield barely blocks more shots..... I like Mayfield, but it's far too much to spend, for the level of upgrade we are talking about...which is marginal.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
Yup I probably have and doing dermott plus a 2nd I would do. Dermott is there as cap in cap out. Plus a guy like hirvonen who I say right now is lower on the prospect chart compared to the 2 I mentioned. But still see as an upgrade. Ideally I would like Manson just hate that he would most likely be another rental.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Bumping this one...
What would it take to get Mayfield on the Pens, Isles fans?

If I start with our best LD prospect Pierre Olivier Joseph, add a 2nd round pick and UFA to be Zach Aston Reese (LW defensive whiz that Trotz should like).... how far off are we?
Lou doesn’t like to trade within division unless it’s a gross overpayment. Isles are loaded up with bottom 6 guys (both in the lineup consistently and watching from the press box) who are defensive minded. The issue is top 6 scoring threat. Playoff teams unfortunately don’t move those types of guys.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I just don't understand why the Isles would trade him. They are having a down season due to injuries and Covid. They can just as easily be right back in it next year and Mayfield is the kind of player teams need to be able to compete, aka cheap and productive.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I just don't understand why the Isles would trade him. They are having a down season due to injuries and Covid. They can just as easily be right back in it next year and Mayfield is the kind of player teams need to be able to compete, aka cheap and productive.
They won’t trade him unless the offer is a gross overpayment. There’s just certain fan bases who think otherwise because the Isles season has thrown every mess at them this year and they’ve been fighting to get back into it. This year is uncharacteristic of the team under Trotz, not the previous 3 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad