Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Lou doesn’t like to trade within division unless it’s a gross overpayment. Isles are loaded up with bottom 6 guys (both in the lineup consistently and watching from the press box) who are defensive minded. The issue is top 6 scoring threat. Playoff teams unfortunately don’t move those types of guys.

Fair enough. I get why ZAR won't be a priority also, but suppose I am looking to gauge what would constitute the needed overpayment.
Still think POJ is a meaningful first asset what with being a young, cost controlled, talented, mobile LD who is ready for the NHL. Token 2nd rounder, maybe a forward prospect instead of ZAR.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Fair enough. I get why ZAR won't be a priority also, but suppose I am looking to gauge what would constitute the needed overpayment.
Still think POJ is a meaningful first asset what with being a young, cost controlled, talented, mobile LD who is ready for the NHL. Token 2nd rounder, maybe a forward prospect instead of ZAR.

Mayfield is not available and the Isles are not selling.

Those pieces do not move the needle at all and not a fan of POJ.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I wonder if STL would have interest in bringing in the hometown boy? He seems like the type of player that fits their style.
That Tarasenko guy healthy and available? The trade wouldn’t happen at the deadline but could be something to work around in the off season. The Blues lost the only defenseman that would fit the Islanders LD spot well in Dunn. That 2nd pair LD and top 6 quality scorer are the major needs of the Islanders and with finding suitable replacements (and not changing the chemistry), they’ll be back to they way they looked in the playoffs the previous 2 seasons.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
If Mayfield were to be traded he'd be a sweet sweetener in play for an established goal-scoring winger.

Alone he couldn't command anything close to a return that would offset how important he is for our team.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Mayfield is not available and the Isles are not selling.

Those pieces do not move the needle at all and not a fan of POJ.
I can really see the Leafs having interest in Mayfield, with the Dubas/Lou connection I just can't see the Leafs not making the call.
I suspect since their are a ton of D in play, the Leafs maybe have their eye on 1 guy and if they miss Mayfield is their guy, I bet they have him above Manson on the list.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Mayfield is not being traded. He's a top 4 defensive Defenseman on a 1.45M per year contract for next year. Good playoff guy too. No way especially for these low ball overs.

Pelech, Pulock, Dobson and Mayfield...We just need to add a offensive Dman to this group.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Mayfield is not being traded. He's a top 4 defensive Defenseman on a 1.45M per year contract for next year. Good playoff guy too. No way especially for these low ball overs.

Pelech, Pulock, Dobson and Mayfield...We just need to add a offensive Dman to this group.
I haven't gone over the thread so I am not on top of the offers but from the Leafs I could see a 1st+prospect

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Kings offer Jaret Anderson-Dolan + '22 3rd for Mayfield.

Jaret projects to be a 2nd/3rd line center with good potential offensive upside.

LA covets the physicality that Mayfield brings. It would really settle the defense down. Is this close or does LA need to add?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Kings offer Jaret Anderson-Dolan + '22 3rd for Mayfield.

Jaret projects to be a 2nd/3rd line center with good potential offensive upside.

LA covets the physicality that Mayfield brings. It would really settle the defense down. Is this close or does LA need to add?

Not really interested in moving mayfield but I would ask from the kings

Valardi + Madden + Rights to Faber

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Kings counter offer: Madden + 2nd

that would probably get it done or pretty close to it. At least for me. I see Madden as a future Cizikas with maybe more offensive upside. Seems like a guy that can contribute in the bottom 6 and will be cost controlled which the isles need. Mayfield is cost controlled now but he won’t be for much longer and the isles have Pulock and Dobson on the right side.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
that would probably get it done or pretty close to it. At least for me. I see Madden as a future Cizikas with maybe more offensive upside. Seems like a guy that can contribute in the bottom 6 and will be cost controlled which the isles need. Mayfield is cost controlled now but he won’t be for much longer and the isles have Pulock and Dobson on the right side.
Cool. So we have a trade. Welcome to the Kings Scott Mayfield. Take your rightful place on the second pairing D. Goodbye Tyler, thank you.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Cool. So we have a trade. Welcome to the Kings Scott Mayfield. Take your rightful place on the second pairing D. Goodbye Tyler, thank you.
Can Tyler bring his buddy Alex? Alex can even get his dad Alfie a job teaching skills to the youth programs in the area when he’s not picking his nose. If Alex can’t come, Tyler will have to stay in LA working on his tan.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Can Tyler bring his buddy Alex? Alex can even get his dad Alfie a job teaching skills to the youth programs in the area when he’s not picking his nose. If Alex can’t come, Tyler will have to stay in LA working on his tan.
No. He can't bring his friend Alex.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I wonder if STL would have interest in bringing in the hometown boy? He seems like the type of player that fits their style.
We play a speedy trasitiona nd puck possesion style now, these aren't the hitchcock coached blues anymore, recommend watching them play, it's actually exciting now....that being said, if scandella and bortuzzo weren't here i'd be all for mayfield, but we don't have any room for him parayko and faulk and the emergence of Mikkola

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Mayfield is one of the deadline targets the Leafs should be heavily in on and the importance of a player like him should be reflected in the price:

First round pick / Robertson or Amirov (NYI choice) / Dermott

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Mayfield is one of the deadline targets the Leafs should be heavily in on and the importance of a player like him should be reflected in the price:

First round pick / Robertson or Amirov (NYI choice) / Dermott

I don't think many Leafs fans would like that deal. This Islanders fan would love it.

QUICK, BEFORE OTHER LEAFS FANS WAKE UP AND SEE THIS, SEND SMOKE SIGNALS TO LOU ASAP

LET'S GET THIS DONE

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I still maintain the offer of Robertson, Holl and a 2nd, preferably 2023 for Mayfield.

You can slot Dobson in the top 4 and have Holl to backfill 3rd pairing at a marginal increase on cap.

Add a good young wing LW prospect to the pool and a 2nd round pick on top is decent currency.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I don't think many Leafs fans would like that deal. This Islanders fan would love it.

QUICK, BEFORE OTHER LEAFS FANS WAKE UP AND SEE THIS, SEND SMOKE SIGNALS TO LOU ASAP

LET'S GET THIS DONE

I recognize my fellow Leafs fans wouldn’t like it but you have to give to get. I’d also make that deal with the hope the Leafs could land another defensive target as well, Josh Manson.

Rolling Rielly-Mayfield, Muzzin-Manson, Sandin-Brodie in the playoffs is just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad