Confirmed with Link: Schmid and Holtz traded to VGK for Paul Cotter and 2025 3rd rounder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I liked Holtz and was happy when the Devils took him and wish he would have developed here but it is what it is, the writing was on the wall the way Fitz talked about him. I was wrong on him I guess seeing how the NHL has viewed him. Hopefully Cotter can become a regular in the bottom six.

One of Daws/Schmid/Poulter had to be traded so not surprised with Schmid going with the comments his agent made. Vegas has gotten a lot of their goalies so it'll be interesting to see how Schmid does there

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Fitz
IMG_0160.gif

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Oh my god. That is absolutely one of the worst trades and uses of asset management that I have ever seen from this organization. I wouldn't have traded Holtz or Schmid BY THEMSELVES for that package. Maybe Schmid, but that is by himself. Fitz is embarrassing himself right now.

Add this to the list of his bad moves

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This website is pissing me off more than any trade could today.

It logged me out on mobile and now I can’t log in because “an error occurred” or some shit.

Reactions: Davegarri

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I could care less about Holtz because let's be honest, he probably has no value. But Schmid saved this team from an early exit in the playoffs and showed a lot of potential. To just throw that away for some 4th liner...terrible asset management

pkbrux

Jul 19, 2006
NJ
This seemed rather unnecessary

How so? Where was Holtz playing in the lineup this year? Which of the three AHL goalies are getting squeezed out of playing time? I think making a move like this was very necessary.

Clearly the org didnt believe in Holtz, so why would you want him playing in our bottom 6 when his shot is his best asset? And I think everyone knew one of the three AHL goalies had to go, I'm just glad its Schmid as I think he has the least upside.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Turning two prospects going in the wrong direction into a 3rd round pick and an extra contract slot is something i'll always be ok with. The back end of our roster was clearly an issue last year and we are moving on from a lot of it. Sucks that Holtz didn't work out but whatever.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
This website is pissing me off more than any trade could today.

It logged me out on mobile and now I can’t log in because “an error occurred” or some shit.
It's been doing that error occurred BS to me on my laptop for over a year. Can only use it on my phone I guess lol

Reactions: Bleedred

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I could care less about Holtz because let's be honest, he probably has no value. But Schmid saved this team from an early exit in the playoffs and showed a lot of potential. To just throw that away for some 4th liner...terrible asset management
I think they like Daws more and we kind of have a logjam of goalie prospects. He’s a solid 4th liner on a cheap contract

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
This trade brings us the 17th most hits per season player in the NHL. Paul Cotter is only 24 and hits, the sandpaper brut is hard to play against, this is what successful playoff teams always have. Holts does not have the pedigree to fetch very much.
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 3.24.31 PM.png

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How so? Where was Holtz playing in the lineup this year? Which of the three AHL goalies are getting squeezed out of playing time? I think making a move like this was very necessary.

Clearly the org didnt believe in Holtz, so why would you want him playing in our bottom 6 when his shot is his best asset? And I think everyone knew one of the three AHL goalies had to go, I'm just glad its Schmid as I think he has the least upside.
This is about the only thing I don't agree with but it seemed like Daws was just more consistent overall. Admittedly I know next to nothing about Poulter or this kid Marek.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think any negative reaction to this trade ultimately boils down to this: You think you are mad at what the Devils got back for Holtz, but deep down what you are really mad at is taking Holtz in the first place.

This is just everyone who still believed in Holtz's talent (me included) or thinking he still should have real trade value having to accept it was just a bad pick. Bad picks happen. I'd rather accept defeat and get a decent 4th liner at league minimum for two years than be stubborn and scratch Holtz all year and ultimately let him go back to Sweden.
It's like buying a stock and watching it go down in value. At some point you have to take the loss, put the money somewhere else, and move forward!

pkbrux

Jul 19, 2006
NJ

So what was your plan for the three AHL goalies then? One of them had to be moved realistically. Perhaps you think Schmid has more upside than Daws/Poulter, but I think Schmid may have a higher floor but definitely a lower ceiling.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol the sharks rejected holtz the flames rejected him and his home country rejected him. lets see how HF is taking the news..........................yeah pretty typical reaction from you guys lol.
Wait, what’s this about his home country rejecting him? This thread and the news is moving too fast for me today

Oh, I guess you mean his national team in the worlds? I thought for a second maybe he tried to sign over there and nobody wanted him lol.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Holtz was a bad draft pick for us to begin with IMO, but I think we lost this trade.

I'm glad we're getting bigger, faster, and stronger in the bottom 6. I just feel like we undersold a bit here.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
man I was upset about the trade but then I read the overreactions here and feel wayyyyyyy better about if. if some of you idiots are throwing this much of a temper tantrum over Alex Holtz (2026 SHL all-star) and Akira Schmid, who had an unbelievable stretch for us 2 years ago but isn't realistically going to see much of the ice in the future.... I start to find myself arguing for the trade rather than against it lol.

• Love

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
His most common linemate was William Karlsson followed by Amadio, Stephenson and Roy. Most common lines were Cotter-Karlsson-Amadio and Cotter-Stephenson-Stone

In games he played less than 13 minutes he had 8 points in 38 games. 17 points including 4 on the PP in 38 games with more ice time.

Is this more a 3rd line acquisition than a 4th line one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad