SCF - Game 7: The Game of Fates, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Puck hasnt even dropped yet and yall are giddier then a group of ten year olds flipping through the bra section of the Sears catalog

a08fd419-94e4-4b33-9f48-e39fc94896d2_text.gif

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The whole thing has become a bit unfair to the Panthers. If they win, the reaction will be, "What took you so long?". Rather than an epic victory, it'll be a sigh of relief.

Contrast that with Edmonton's storyline, which is the stuff of movies. "A comeback for the ages!" plays much better than "You almost blew it!".

IDK after game 3 the entire hockey world felt it was a formality to play game 4. This truly is an epic chokejob.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I’m gonna make a big sacrifice, maybe the biggest in HFboards history. If the Oil win tonight. I promise to never make fun of the Leaf’s again.

I'm also going to make a big sacrifice tonight.

I'm going to actively cheer for the Oilers to bring that f***ing Stanley Cup back to it's home turf, and like it.

I actively cheer agains other Canadian based teams in the playoffs, because it's been 3 decades FFS. So, massive Leafs fan..............I want them to do it.

It also helps that everyone hates the Leafs and Leafs fans, why would I cheer for you?

Well tonight, Oilers are bringin' it home. f*** Florida they're in shambles and really mean nothing to me..

So last Timmy picks to get free coffee, I got Hyman, Brown, Ceci.

Former Leafs..

I might not watch the whole game, but I will tune into the end.

Go Oilers and I mean it. Let's see something different eh?

• Love
Reactions: zar and Coffey

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
IDK after game 3 the entire hockey world felt it was a formality to play game 4. This truly is an epic chokejob.
If Florida loses, yeah, it's a choke for the ages and, at the same time, a victory for the ages for the Oilers.

But even if Florida wins, I'm concerned it'll feel more like an anticlimax than a huge triumph. How exciting will it be to watch them hoist a Cup they should've won a week ago?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If Florida loses, yeah, it's a choke for the ages and, at the same time, a victory for the ages for the Oilers.

But even if Florida wins, I'm concerned it'll feel more like an anticlimax than a huge triumph. How exciting will it be to watch them hoist a Cup they should've won a week ago?

It does feel like everyone is waiting for the Oilers to do it and if they didn't, would be kind of lame.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Id say more exciting. Lifting the cup after 4 = meh. Lifting the Cup after starting 3 then losing 3? f***ing priceless

Reactions: Lshap

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm also going to make a big sacrifice tonight.

I'm going to actively cheer for the Oilers to bring that f***ing Stanley Cup back to it's home turf, and like it.

I actively cheer agains other Canadian based teams in the playoffs, because it's been 3 decades FFS. So, massive Leafs fan..............I want them to do it.

It also helps that everyone hates the Leafs and Leafs fans, why would I cheer for you?

Well tonight, Oilers are bringin' it home. f*** Florida they're in shambles and really mean nothing to me..

So last Timmy picks to get free coffee, I got Hyman, Brown, Ceci.

Former Leafs..

I might not watch the whole game, but I will tune into the end.

Go Oilers and I mean it. Let's see something different eh?
Let’s go! Bring that Cup HOME for CANADA! Leafs Nation and Oil Country uniting for this momentous moment. A day that will live in infamy.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Id say more exciting. Lifting the cup after 4 = meh. Lifting the Cup after starting 3 then losing 3? f***ing priceless
Don't get me wrong – Panthers fans should absolutely go nuts if they win. They become the champs, which is no small thing!

However, Edmonton's comeback has made them into the 'good guys' who are one win away from a triumphant happy ending. The hype and the storyline is on Edmonton's side.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

That would be very painful for Oilers fans. I won't even comment in here if that happens.

But then we can move on to the draft and July 1st because post SCF a lot is going to happen.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Don't get me wrong – Panthers fans should absolutely go nuts if they win. They become the champs, which is no small thing!

However, Edmonton's comeback has made them into the 'good guys' who are one win away from a triumphant happy ending. The hype and the storyline is on Edmonton's side.
Not that I disagree, but the pain of losing a game 7 after this Oilers run would be absolutely devastating still.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

So here is a question then. I think we have all been reading McDavid is potentially the GOAT and will win the Conn Smythe and all of this. If the Panthers do win and McDavid doesn't have an unreal game, does that narrative suddenly change?

Is McDavid now a choker who couldn't show up in the one big game? It's hard to believe, but it could be his one chance at a cup in his career look at Ovi. Would he be remembered as the guy who couldn't get it done?

I think there is a good narrative no matter who wins tonight

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
The Panthers are talking about feeling positive in an NHL write up. Good lord. They're gonna get blown out of their own barn tonight.

The energy in the air is almost physical. People have been waiting for an Oilers win round here for a long time.

• Love
Reactions: zar

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I think the entire city of Edmonton would be disappointed if he didn't show up today.
This is where you rev to 10K rpm, watch that VTEC work its magic and burn whatever gas is left in the tank.
Tonight, you put your lives at stake on that ice sheet. :nod:

• Love
Reactions: zar and Coffey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad