SCF - Game 7: The Game of Fates, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
I’m gonna make a big sacrifice, maybe the biggest in HFboards history. If the Oil win tonight. I promise to never make fun of the Leaf’s again.
I’ll jump on that bandwagon. Heck, if the Oilers win, I’ll go so far as to say that I’ll actively cheer for another Canadian team to win the Cup in future playoffs, if the Oilers aren’t still in contention (even the Flames!)

I felt dirty writing that, lol.

zar

Bleed Blue
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I’m gonna make a big sacrifice, maybe the biggest in HFboards history. If the Oil win tonight. I promise to never make fun of the Leaf’s again.

I’m doing the opposite. If the Oilers win, I’m doubling down on all Leafs related slander forever!

I kid - I’ll follow suit LOL.

I’ll jump on that bandwagon. Heck, if the Oilers win, I’ll go so far as to say that I’ll actively cheer for another Canadian team to win the Cup in future playoffs, if the Oilers aren’t still in contention (even the Flames!)

You “younger” bucks are letting emotions talk.

Be careful with that. :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

anchorman-anchor-man.gif

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
We have no reason NOT to root for Edmonton. There's no direct Montreal/Edmonton rivalry, they were the clear underdog, and the series has turned into this epic come-from-behind story that movies are made of. Everyone I know is on the bandwagon because an Oilers win would be a great climactic ending.

I dunno... I thought we developed quite a rivalry during the pandemic. But then you went and let Danault go... who I'd come to despise and that is high praise.

Reactions: Lshap

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

I don’t understand you guys obsession with the Leafs, I really don’t. I am a Leafs fan and hoping the Oilers win tonight. I don’t understand what the big deal is.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I’m doing the opposite. If the Oilers win, I’m doubling down on all Leafs related slander forever!

I kid - I’ll follow suit LOL.

You are sacrificing to the Hockey God's the guilty pleasure they have given the rest of the hockey world for nearly 60 years??

You sure that will work?

Sacrifices must be made. And they will. I am a man of my word, for the Oil!

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
So many random threads on this board - assuming the Oilers will win - I hope the players put everything on the line.

Win it for Joey! Win it for Colby! Win it for Ben!

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I think not only do the Panthers complete the choke, they get absolutely dunked on. They will lose by 4-5 goals

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The whole thing has become a bit unfair to the Panthers. If they win, the reaction will be, "What took you so long?". Rather than an epic victory, it'll be a sigh of relief.

Contrast that with Edmonton's storyline, which is the stuff of movies. "A comeback for the ages!" plays much better than "You almost blew it!".

• Love
Reactions: zar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad