SCF - Game 7: The Game of Fates, 8pm ET, ABC, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So here is a question then. I think we have all been reading McDavid is potentially the GOAT and will win the Conn Smythe and all of this. If the Panthers do win and McDavid doesn't have an unreal game, does that narrative suddenly change?

Is McDavid now a choker who couldn't show up in the one big game? It's hard to believe, but it could be his one chance at a cup in his career look at Ovi. Would he be remembered as the guy who couldn't get it done?

I think there is a good narrative no matter who wins tonight

Shhh...!

I'm so freaking nervous!

Reactions: PuckG

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I just don't see how Florida wins this. If the previous 3 games have been close nail biters, then I think this can go either way. But the Panthers have been embarrassed since Game 4 and they haven't had the lead since Game 3. Maurice has no answer to counter Knoblauch's adjustments. If he does, now is the time to do it, otherwise it will just be another one sided affair with Florida coming out flat at puck drop and playing better as the game goes on. But it will be too late by then.

Whoever scores first wins the game. Oilers will come out blazing and Florida will be half asleep.

You also couldn’t see how the Oilers didn’t get swept going into the series.

I don’t view the Panthers completely broken just yet. They had a meltdown at the end of the second period, but all things considered, I thought they played tough after the overturned call. I want the Oilers to put this out of reach early, but I expect Florida to play their best game of the series.

Hopefully the Oilers expect this as well and take appropriate action by going for their throats immediately.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Final chance of the season for @Three On Zero to pass his parking exam and well…..

…… there’s always next year. :laugh:

IMG_4404.jpeg

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Really hoping for an Edmonton win, but more than that I’m hoping for a great close game to the very end.

A blowout snooze fest on either side would be such a let down after the way this series has gone

So many Panthers' players can elevate their game from what it's been the last 3 games, and I hope that they all do that now at the same time and play the game of their lives, and win their first Stanley Cup.

They need to fully understand and appreciate the fact that this might be the last chance they have during their entire career.
Same can be said for Bouchard and the 2/3rd best player in the world in Draisaitl.

Reactions: D1az

Lenny Levino

May 15, 2024
If Florida loses this game, they should change their name to Florida Kittens.

Actually they should do that regardless of the outcome. Kittens sounds cuter than Panthers.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
So here is a question then. I think we have all been reading McDavid is potentially the GOAT and will win the Conn Smythe and all of this. If the Panthers do win and McDavid doesn't have an unreal game, does that narrative suddenly change?

Is McDavid now a choker who couldn't show up in the one big game? It's hard to believe, but it could be his one chance at a cup in his career look at Ovi. Would he be remembered as the guy who couldn't get it done?

I think there is a good narrative no matter who wins tonight
McDavid will win the Conn Smythe. I don't think there's really any question now.

I thought up until Game 4 that Bob or Barkov had a shot, one of them perhaps even the favourite, but what McJesus did in those back-to-back four point games, not to mention this entire playoff season, is nothing short of f***ing incredible. We're talking 99/66 levels of domination.

Slam dunk now, win or lose, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad