SCF Game 5: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oheao

Apr 17, 2014
London
People think the East is weak now, just think back to 96-98 when they got swept there years in a row.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
vegas would have destroyed every team this season, the panthers took out some good teams but vegas just has what it takes this year to win it. No team would have done much better.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It just looks like two teams on entirely different levels.

Upsets are fun, but this is one of the most lopsided finals of the 21st century, Florida is outmatched in every aspect save for goaltending, and even Bob has been just okay in the finals.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m more pissed that Eichel freed the puck by jabbing at Bob. Like, the whistle is one thing, but Bob also had it covered and a clear no-no play uncovered it.

Then the refs rush to puck drop because.. reasons? I’m rooting for Florida but am already accepting a Vegas win, but man that adds another shit stain to the diarrhea diaper that is nhl reffing.

Reactions: heksagon

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
A complete choke job by the Panthers. They were competing hard and playing worry free and as soon as the pressure hits they fold like a cheap tent. No push back.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the Leafs there for a sec.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
vegas would have destroyed every team this season, the panthers took out some good teams but vegas just has what it takes this year to win it. No team would have done much better.
No Bettman did it.

HofT

Sep 4, 2008
A complete choke job by the Panthers. They were competing hard and playing worry free and as soon as the pressure hits they fold like a cheap tent. No push back.
Refs got them to the Finals. But they're not gonna make them win the cup. That's the difference.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It just looks like two teams on entirely different levels.

Upsets are fun, but this is one of the most lopsided finals of the 21st century, Florida is outmatched in every aspect save for goaltending, and even Bob has been just okay in the finals.
I’d say montreal Tampa was more lopsided, but otherwise I’d be hard pressed to think of another series.

Reactions: Devonator

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This 6-year Stanley Cup drought for Vegas reminds me of the 54-year Stanley Cup drought between 1940 and 1994 for the New York Rangers.

The Vegas fans have been suffering long enough! The Hockey Gods are having mercy on them right now and are giving them a long-awaited Stanley Cup championship!

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I just remembered, what happened to "intent to blow the whistle"? We can argue forever if the whistle or the puck crossing the line happened a millisecond faster or not, but there clearly was an intent to blow the whistle when the puck was under Bob. And that was before it was poked from him, so the goal shouldn't have counted under that rule.

I'm so confused why Maurice didn't challenge that and why it was called a good goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad