SCF Game 5: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Florida looks disillusioned. Not having Tkachuk most certainly plays a role in the intangibles dept.

I'd put him in the room between periods. NYI did this with Lee during the ECF; his pep rally's inspired.

KOPITARRULEZ11

Apr 2, 2012
Minnesota
Jimmy Butler too injured I think and ruined any hope of him IsOing.

They didn't have to 2 man him anymore. The rest can't create.

The Panthers though they have no answer for Vegas lines. It feels like 3 1sts v 3 2nds.

I think Florida can be back next year btw but they will need to add a top 4 D for sure.
Boston was deep as Vegas but I guess it really was goaltending that failed them because hill has been lights out

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I mean I’ve heard panthers fans dunking the guy for a while which strikes me as odd given the minutes he plays and the counting stats, but yeesh man the injuries have really taken its toll.
He wasn't a good skater when drafted, more the big kid dominating smaller players in Jrs. With injuries, it's gotten worse. So much so I can't decide who is slower between him and Staalsy. Fortunately, we have both.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
This 6-year Stanley Cup drought for Vegas reminds me of the 54-year Stanley Cup drought between 1940 and 1994 for the New York Rangers.

The Vegas fans have been suffering long enough! The Hockey Gods are having mercy on them right now and are giving them a long-awaited Stanley Cup championship!
Those long suffering Vegas fans deserve this 🤣

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Who cares. i love the game of hockey, it is the best sport and I will watch it over any other sport.
I live in Vegas so I’m stoked. I have worked with the Knights organization, played college hockey at UNLV, and it’s been great to see how much hockey has grown here. I can give a rats ass about all the Canadian elitists and big market elitists crying about small markets having success and ratings. This will help the game grow here even more.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
You know what, I am pulling for Vegas but the amount of Florida hate and disrespect is childish and typical of HF Boards....Florida is not a fluke....they are an excellent young team that will be battling for the Cup in the years to come.....they have made great strides this year and you can be sure they will only get better in the years to come....

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Florida came into this series saying to themselves, "Vegas has punked everyone, we arent getting punked" and instead just gooned the first two games and lost the series. Havent been competitive in a single game.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
That is some bullshit. God, the NHL sucks.
It is bizarre that they give refs the ability to stop play before they actually blew the whistle (the cursed "intent to blow") and also to allow a play to continue after the whistle.

Like what's the point of the f-ing whistle then?

I can almost understand the thinking behind allowing goals during a whistle if it was unaffected, but that puts a lot of judgment into the hands of the refs, which is always frightening.

Reactions: Geoist

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
would love if the camera could give a shot of Keith or Matthew Tkachuk

Here's Brady and Keith.

1686704748014.jpeg

1686704772205.jpeg

Reactions: authentic

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
barkov makes an extra move, gets his great chance blocked and turns it over

stone makes an extra move, beats bob by freezing him on an odd man chance

2nd goal is a broken play, mis-whistle by the ref, but the panthers just aren't converting chances when it counts and the momentum the knights got from it buried them in the first

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Maybe Florida could go back to doing what made them successful in the first 3 rounds:

Hit players really late.
Hit players in the head.
Spear players laying prone on the ice.
Jump players otherwise tied up by officials and throw punches at their face.
Hold players' sticks while someone else shoots on net unobstructed and undefended.

They got it into their heads that they could play actual hockey and win games, and they're getting rag-dolled.

What a shame

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
I live in Vegas so I’m stoked. I have worked with the Knights organization, played college hockey at UNLV, and it’s been great to see how much hockey has grown here. I can give a rats ass about all the Canadian elitists and big market elitists crying about small markets having success and ratings. This will help the game grow here even more.
Your right. Hell with the haters. This is great for Hockey, when every market has a chance to win the Cup.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
You know what, I am pulling for Vegas but the amount of Florida hate and disrespect is childish and typical of HF Boards....Florida is not a fluke....they are an excellent young team that will be battling for the Cup in the years to come.....they have made great strides this year and you can be sure they will only get better in the years to come....
Fans of teams beat by the Cats haven't been happy. Let them have their angst.

Reactions: Devonator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad