SCF Game 5: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Good take. Need to remember that Florida won the Presidents Trophy last year, and made the Stanley Cup Finals this year. You can't fluke yourself like that two years in a row..

What they need to actually win the cup:

1. Become a bit more consistent (good performance in the regular season AND the playoffs)
2. Improve their special teams (Terrible PP and PK atm)

Their core players are still under 30, and they have cap space. Hardly a terrible position.
What they need to do:

1) Move Ekblad to wing, maybe on the 3rd line.
2) Find a dman better than Staal.
3) Yeah, special teams.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Good take. Need to remember that Florida won the Presidents Trophy last year, and made the Stanley Cup Finals this year. You can't fluke yourself like that two years in a row..

What they need to actually win the cup:

1. Become a bit more consistent (good performance in the regular season AND the playoffs)
2. Improve their special teams (Terrible PP and PK atm)

Their core players are still under 30, and they have cap space. Hardly a terrible position.
Exactly.....this is a team that will be a threat from some years to come....they have gained valuable experience this year.....they are no fluke ......

Reactions: Summer Rose

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Florida really reminds me of the 2021 Habs.

Yea I was about to post that. There was a question in one of the forums. Someone asked "are the Panthers the 2021 Habs?" and there was a lot of naa Florida are for real, etc...But it looks a lot like that. Not that they are not good but there's always a team that has a cinderalla push and then it comes a time where they have nothing left to give. Cause they don't have the resources, cause they have been mainly about guts. But logic finally takes its hold. Vegas are too good, too big, too strong, too talented. Nothing can stop them and now they know it.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
The puck was free and visible, why do you want to get bailed out by the refs on a clearly free puck?

I don't want to get bailed out, I want the refs to follow the rules.

The rulebook states that if there was an intent to blow the whistle (which there undeniably was), the refs could rule that the play has stopped. They just didn't choose to apply the rule this time, which is very... odd.

Reactions: Scouter

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Yea I was about to post that. There was a question in one of the forums. Someone asked "are the Panthers the 2021 Habs?" and there was a lot of naa Florida are for real, etc...But it looks a lot like that. Not that they are not good but there's always a team that has a cinderalla push and then it comes a time where they have nothing left to give. Cause they don't have the resources, cause they have been mainly about guts. But logic finally takes its hold. Vegas are too good, too big, too strong, too talented. Nothing can stop them and now they know it.
Florida also has too much dead cap, compared to Vegas at least. There's a reason they signed two Staals in 2022-23.

Reactions: Kimota

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
They're not a very good team, but they're definitely not that bad.

Still, they might be the second worst team to reach the finals this century top to bottom.
they were fortunate to ride 2 hot streaks with their goalies.
watching them this series is more like the team that played 3/4 of the season.
i'm still convinced next season they will struggle to make the playoffs.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan

The rulebook states that if there was an intent to blow the whistle (which there undeniably was), the refs could rule that the play has stopped. They just didn't choose to apply the rule this time, which is very... odd.

I don't recall Panthers fans sharing this point of view in the 2nd round when the tables were turned....

Inconsistent opinions, much?

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I don't imagine that'll happen. Plus it's kinda hard to f*** up the strip. Can't say we won't have some people bathing in the Caeser's Palace fountain.
327609.jpg

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Whatever happens tonight I wont forget MT what a legendary performance one for the ages and honestly should get the mvp for this years playoffs and I'm a Bruins fan saying this. Full respect to him.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I had no idea the Habs beat the Knights 2 years ago in the third round. No wonder they lost to the Lightning.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

So to get this straight, you know for a fact that there was an undeniable intent to blow the whistle.

Ladies and gentlemen, heksagon, he will be here all night!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

The rulebook states that as long as the whistle did not affect play it is a good goal.

Reactions: heksagon

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
If the shot happens prior to the whistle and the whistle didn't affect play with the puck crossing the line it's a good goal.

It's not a shot, it's a cOnTiNuOuS pLaY which means absolutely nothing.

Rules 78.5(xii) and 37.3(i) are contradictory and can legitimately be called according to whatever mood the ref is in.

Reactions: heksagon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad