SCF Game 5: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 8:00PM ET 5:00PM PT | TNT, TBS, TruTV, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Every Florida player is like a head shorter, can't skate to keep up with Vegas, is out muscled in every board battle and rubbed out. Not a single shot is even close to going in besides some fluke bounce off like 4 people. The East is least this year and it made for a really bad finals. Hoping next year we'll get a solid 7 game back and forth series.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I just remembered, what happened to "intent to blow the whistle"? We can argue forever if the whistle or the puck crossing the line happened a millisecond faster or not, but there clearly was an intent to blow the whistle when the puck was under Bob. And that was before it was poked from him, so the goal shouldn't have counted under that rule.

I'm so confused why Maurice didn't challenge that and why it was called a good goal.
The puck was free and visible, why do you want to get bailed out by the refs on a clearly free puck?

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Every Florida player is like a head shorter, can't skate to keep up with Vegas, is out muscled in every board battle and rubbed out. Not a single shot is even close to going in besides some fluke bounce off like 4 people. The East is least this year and it made for a really bad finals. Hoping next year we'll get a solid 7 game back and forth series.
vegas dominated the west teams too. It's not the entire west vs the entire east. Vegas is just that much better than everyone this season.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
A city without a pro sports longer than any other. It's been all peachy here.
If Vegas hoist the Cup tonight and it looks like they will. Just keep the celebrations classy. Pleases don't be trashing the community. Like some loser fans have done in the past

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I’d say montreal Tampa was more lopsided, but otherwise I’d be hard pressed to think of another series.

Anaheim/Ottawa comes to mind, but I think this one has been worse as a whole unless something drastically changes tonight.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I just remembered, what happened to "intent to blow the whistle"? We can argue forever if the whistle or the puck crossing the line happened a millisecond faster or not, but there clearly was an intent to blow the whistle when the puck was under Bob. And that was before it was poked from him, so the goal shouldn't have counted under that rule.

I'm so confused why Maurice didn't challenge that and why it was called a good goal.
Rules change every year.

If the shot happens prior to the whistle and the whistle didn't affect play with the puck crossing the line it's a good goal.

Been that way for several years now.

H I S T O R I C

Apr 24, 2019
I thought it was the highest rated since 2016?
Down 37% in ratings and 35% in viewership from Avalanche-Lightning on ABC last year (2.2, 4.10M),
a decade-plus low with the COVID years excluded, with Games 1 and 2 the least-watched since 2008 and 2007 respectively. I think the fact that the games are airing on Turner networks and not CBS, ABC, NBC, or Fox definitely hurts those numbers.

Reactions: authentic

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
We are at the point of the thread where everyone is posting, no one is responding; unless it's a troll attempt or evokes vitriol. Not bad, only one period in.

• Haha
Reactions: Sombastate

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

The Stars moved to the Eastern Conference?

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
You know what, I am pulling for Vegas but the amount of Florida hate and disrespect is childish and typical of HF Boards....Florida is not a fluke....they are an excellent young team that will be battling for the Cup in the years to come.....they have made great strides this year and you can be sure they will only get better in the years to come....
Good take. Need to remember that Florida won the Presidents Trophy last year, and made the Stanley Cup Finals this year. You can't fluke yourself like that two years in a row..

What they need to actually win the cup:

1. Become a bit more consistent (good performance in the regular season AND the playoffs)
2. Improve their special teams (Terrible PP and PK atm)

Their core players are still under 30, and they have cap space. Hardly a terrible position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad