SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
If the Oilers win it will be the most talked about final for quite some time. The 1942 Leafs are a trivial footnote. An Oilers comeback would truly be unparalleled and historic. This would be the one final where everyone remembered who lost.
Personally I don't view O6 stats/records with much reverence, Its a different game with a different league structure. It's completely different.

If the Oilers win on Monday it's the greatest comeback in NHL history and the biggest choke job in NHL history.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
your team with the best player in the sport was considered the odds on favourite to go the whole way at the beginning of the year…

Not to mention Canadian media putting their bets behind the oilers at the start of the seaosn

The only doubt was Nurse 😂
More so addressing the moronic comments from some fans on here through the playoffs and regular season.

Reactions: Mike C

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
How is there note more chatter about the offside review in this thread? Are we seriously all OK with this??
It is ruining the league. I honestly don't even care about game 7 after that call.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I've never bought into to conspiracy or corruption, but there is something fishy about that one.
Breaks of the game man! It all evens out in a long series

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
More so addressing the moronic comments from some fans on here through the playoffs and regular season.

Oiler fans have been the hardest on themselves - not sure why, you may have more insight into that (in terms of non oiler fans, none of us follow the team as closely as fans do so what do we know)

Some oiler fans just before game 4 were spewing napalm wanting to blow everything up to a team that made it to the cup final now the same team that people were criticizing left right centre some with vitriol is in game 7 (and probably going to win it looking at the momentum and the star power)

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Bettman has shown for many years that his strategy is saturation. Saturating North America with teams. Expansion is the game. And while this is happening, they are definitely going to explore getting into Europe.
You might laugh, but you shouldn't.

Stretching the NHL's effective season duration is a key plank for him. He considers 3 days between games to be essential.
I'll be rooting for the Mexico City Jets.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Florida going to a trap is important. Would throw Edmonton off...

IMO

If they win, they will likely have sellouts and a waiting list for next few years.

If they lose...well....I'm unsure how that could possibly attract new fans.
They went to the final in their 3rd season.
People need to stop saying this crap.

I know plenty of people in Vancouver who are rooting for the cup to come to Canada. Flames and Canuck fans alike.

The only place I've seen really sour people is here, where nobody actually has to show their face.
The last time I cheered for a team that beat mine in the playoffs was in 1989 but I'm cheering for the Oilers. Maybe there was a little reluctance because the 2nd round stung but I respect that team.

The hockey has been pretty incredible to watch. Their dominance and the history making comeback are compelling. I'd also like to see a Canadian team win.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Breaks of the game man! It all evens out in a long series
Foegele got tripped on the play he scored on. He didn't whine, he got the f*** up and shot the puck. Meanwhile the Panthers and thier fans are whining about everything, every contact, every whistle everything! Professional victims

Panthers have a victim cpomplex and the fans that cheer for them do as well.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Oiler fans have been the hardest on themselves - not sure why, you may have more insight into that (in terms of non oiler fans, none of us follow the team as closely as fans do so what do we know)

Some oiler fans just before game 4 were spewing napalm wanting to blow everything up to a team that made it to the cup final now the same team that people were criticizing left right centre some with vitriol is in game 7 (and probably going to win it looking at the momentum and the star power)
Not exactly. A few fans of every fan base spaz at every game, but anyone watching the series saw the Oilers control play in game 1 (got Bobrovsky’d), get outplayed bad in game 2, but then play quite well every game besides that.

The narratives from some opposing fans, particularly our previous round opponents, was what was largely being spewed around in the first three games with things like: “frauds” or “wouldn’t make the playoffs in the East.”

This doesn’t excuse blunders made by some of our players in those games and expectedly you would have heard anger towards Nurse but the Oilers have and continue to be contenders despite him.

Just reading parts of the first half of this series thread makes my point clear.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Foegele got tripped on the play he scored on. He didn't whine, he got the f*** up and shot the puck. Meanwhile the Panthers and thier fans are whining about everything, every contact, every whistle everything! Professional victims

Panthers have a victim cpomplex and the fans that cheer for them do as well.
Like football, you can call a penalty on every play if you wanted to

It's a high speed sport played by big, fast, well conditioned big boys.

I posted someplace this week that I've always believed in winning and losing with class. Refs and injuries are part of the game and never an excuse for losing

Reactions: Oilslick941611

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
This would be the most legendary comeback I have ever seen if the Oilers can close this series out

Yeah, it's pretty wild. I never could have imagined cheering for the Oilers but this is special. You should have seen QBs Sports Bar last night in Burlington, ON. The place was packed and was cheering for the Oilers like it was a hometown team. I've never once seen that before. Usually it's a ghost town after the Leafs are eliminated.

McDavid is going to be in full on berserker mode for game 7. I just can't see Florida stopping him at this point.

1719076940783.png

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
lol @ thinking conspiracy.
This is the same league that shadily propped up the Coyotes for decades, denying any move to Canada. They bent the rules to give Vegas an unfair advantage time and time again.

If the NHL was going to conspire to achieve an outcome it sure as hell would not benefit the Oilers over a Southern US franchise that has struggled historically.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
This is the same league that shadily propped up the Coyotes for decades, denying any move to Canada. They bent the rules to give Vegas an unfair advantage time and time again.

If the NHL was going to conspire to achieve an outcome it sure as hell would not benefit the Oilers over a Southern US franchise that has struggled historically.
Winnipeg says hi

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
As a Canadian I want Edmonton to win the cup for sure, Oilers fans deserves it way more then Florida where for many years the building was empty and then all of a sudden when the team is good you see all those Panthers fans jumping on the bandwagon and I guarantee you as soon as the Panthers start to be bad again all those "fans" won't give a shit about the Panthers and the building will empty again. On the other hand the building was always full in Edmonton even when the Oilers were at the bottom the standings. Edmonton really care and love their Edmonton Oilers and that's true in all Canadian markets. Let's go Oilers!!!

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It is unbelievable that there are fools out there that actually think a team would lose a game on purpose when they have a chance to win a Championship. The internet can spawn some ridiculous theories.
You will hear it all here........ then dismiss a big portion of it.

McDavid is going to be in full on berserker mode for game 7. I just can't see Florida stopping him at this point.
Another 4 or 5 - 1 Game coming up.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Personally I don't view O6 stats/records with much reverence, Its a different game with a different league structure. It's completely different.

If the Oilers win on Monday it's the greatest comeback in NHL history and the biggest choke job in NHL history.
Oilers are a far better team. Shoukd never have been down 3-0.
They almost choked.
Panthers did well to take a far better team to game 7.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Every fan should love the league blatantly rigging a series to hand their favorite star a cup? An unprecedented week long layoff prior to the series because Mcdavid and Drai were injured? Drai avoiding suspension from a filthy hit on a star player that 90% of people on HF voted was suspension worthy? All the absurd calls? No I am sick to my stomach, they are making a mockery of the game. Oilers should feel embarrassed lifting that cup on Monday, if I were on the team I wouldn’t even touch it. This is not honest hockey and Monday may be the darkest moment in the history of the game.
here this might help

bar.jpg

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
The 2011 Canucks collapsed and lost on home ice in game 7. Yeah they played in game 7 after failing to close out game six and having a 2-0 lead in the series. Not the same

Wonderful narrative.

If Edmonton loses in game 7 they ride off beautifully on their steed in to the sunset and cement themselves as the greatest 2nd place in NHL history.

The point remains that they either win and are truly legendary, or they lose and they don't get legedary status. That's how sports works and the 2011 Canucks are a perfect example- they are not legendary.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

As we look at the Fan Duel dot com odds at the top of our screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad