SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
he's still -2 in every loss!

Not that I put much stock in +/- has a stat. But I would expect the best defensive forward ever to not be -2 for 3 straight games
them your job is head to heD with McDavid

eye test tells me how Barkov is playing .....not the plus minus stat I look up on my smart phone

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Erod.

Game 7 is a toss. The ice sucks at Sunrise/BB&T (I refuse to call it the new name) so advantage Panthers.

Heat, Marlins, Miami Hurricanes, and F1 dominate down there. I couldn't find a Barkov jersey a few years ago and had to settle for a Giroux shirt at the OUTLET MALL next to the arena. I could buy any other local sports team gear. Crazy. This was the playoffs too.
Only Barkov is playing great--Rodrigues and Lomberg playing good. Tarasenko too. Forsling up until last game where was he brutal.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Congratz on the cup Oilers
It’s still a coin flip. Anything can happen. Both teams will give it their all. But the most important thing is first goal. That has been the deciding factor most of this series.

Reactions: PaulD

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I don't get what the Panthers are doing. They are playing with no neergy, no heart. Thackut, Bennet, Reinhard, Verhage are not doing squat. There isn't one area in their game that they are doing well in the last 3 games. Bottom line Edmonton will hoist the Cup and Florida will make history by committing the greatest meltdown of all time in any sport.
Most people would say the Panthers are choking.

I say the Oilers have an incredibly dynamic core that is unmatched by any other team. Over a season or series they pick their opponents apart and dominate them. I'm not an Oilers fan but as a hockey fan I recognize how special this team and playoff run is, and I am enjoying it immensely.

Witnessing one of the top four players in history propel his team to come back from a 3-0 deficit is awe inspiring. If the Oilers win it will be talked about for generations.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I don't get what the Panthers are doing. They are playing with no neergy, no heart. Thackut, Bennet, Reinhard, Verhage are not doing squat. There isn't one area in their game that they are doing well in the last 3 games. Bottom line Edmonton will hoist the Cup and Florida will make history by committing the greatest meltdown of all time in any sport.
Edm has started using their speed and Florida cannot keep up. The oilers have like 12 goals off the rush in 3 games. The panthers have zero. And I think that speed is proving tough for them. They’ve looked very tired.

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Reminds me of Denny Potvin telling Sports Illustrsted that if the Rangers won a cup, they'd parade down Broadway and if the Islanders won they'd parade down Old Country Rd
I just recall a comment about that from the Florida side or the anti Edmonton side

it was along the lines of

"Why the hell would the Panthers care about a sweep, if they win they have to to celebrate in Edmonton. What are they gonna do? Go to a mall? If they win at home they're in frigging MIAMI CITY at the beginning of summer. The Panthers will just pass a single game off because winning at home means so much more"

I am absolutely paraphrasing here but that was about the meat of the comment made and if that was the case or prevailing thought among fans or team members from Florida than nothing would serve them better than seeing the Oilers lift the holy grail in their own building.

Reactions: Mike C

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
I'm not a Panthers fan. Point was this is a decisive moment in the game & despite saying it at the time (along with the missed calls b4 the 3-0 goal being as big) I was criticized, so I found it interesting that an American national writer who picked the Oilers to win the cup at the beginning of the season saw the same thing that I saw.

Both calls & non-calls can make a difference this time of year, Bruins fans saw it in game 5 2019 for example.
Maurice is THE worst at using that rule. As I said, he had 3 goals pulled down against the Lightning. 2 were for Goalie Interference where Cicerelli's skate touched the blue in the crease, talk about BS.

FLA may not even be here if those Goals stay up, at least using FLA and your logic. FLA fan says no way, wouldn't have made a difference FLA is the better team. Except, when its you.

You really think FLA played well enough to win last night and THAT was the cause of the loss???? Think about this, you don't get to 1800 wins and NOT win a Cup with there not being something about you that is a problem. Same with Bob, you don't all of a sudden get clutch in the Playoffs at 35. FLA has flaws that EDM is exploiting, period. The pulled down G was nothing. EDM has scored 20 of the last 25 goals. EDM is outcoaching Maurice for all his glib comments.

But don't expect Tampa to step up and say this was a travesty...

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Edm has started using their speed and Florida cannot keep up. The oilers have like 12 goals off the rush in 3 games. The panthers have zero. And I think that speed is proving tough for them. They’ve looked very tired.
I get it that Edm is using there speed but there are ways to slow them down but the problem is Florida right now is so confused they don't know what to do and are getting cought out of position. The speed game isn't something new to the NHL. It has alway been there with many teams.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Damnit man....Oilers are making history!! :)

Also, has anybody else ever seen the crowd sing the national anthem before? Is that a new thing?

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Edmonton is a great team. We played them as best as we could the first three games and then totally got steamrolled the next three. I don’t know. It ain’t over until someone wins a 4th game but it’s really hard to feel optimistic as a Panthers fan.

If McDavid hoists the cup on our ice on Monday I don’t think the franchise will ever recover and I don’t know if the fanbase will ever have any faith in this team again.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I just recall a comment about that from the Florida side or the anti Edmonton side

it was along the lines of

"Why the hell would the Panthers care about a sweep, if they win they have to to celebrate in Edmonton. What are they gonna do? Go to a mall? If they win at home they're in frigging MIAMI CITY at the beginning of summer. The Panthers will just pass a single game off because winning at home means so much more"

I am absolutely paraphrasing here but that was about the meat of the comment made and if that was the case or prevailing thought among fans or team members from Florida than nothing would serve them better than seeing the Oilers lift the holy grail in their own building.
If they had won on the road they'd be celebrating on the ice, then in the dressing room, on the plane, and then back home. Who actually thinks they're going to walking around Edmonton after?

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Does bringing the cup back to Canada have any meaning to hockey fans in Canada? Nobody in Vancouver or Toronto or Calgary will be celebrating.

Obviously not an Oilers fan, but if McDavid can carry this team to a cup victory, so be it. That would put this playoff performance as probly the best in NHL history. He deserves his Stanley Cup.
No idea. I'm from the US but for some reason want a Canadian team to finally win it again. It's been too long.

Reactions: jj cale

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I can't tell if this is more of a Panthers choke or an Oilers comeback.

I don't think 3-0 was indicative of the actual play on the ice. You could sense that the Oilers were putting it together in the 3rd period of Game 3. This feels more like a 3-1 or 3-2 comeback than it does 3-0.

Whatever happens, I can't remember a game with more drama surrounding it than this. Possibly in any sport. We will either witness a 30 year curse break, or an entire franchise pull themselves from the brink of destruction.

And if I'm an Oilers fan right now, even if they lose this season has been an unquestionable success. That core looks like it could be a perennial threat for years to come, especially if Draisaitl resigns. I don't see this as their only chance at a Cup.

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
They made adjustments along the way. If the win, the play of Skinner and the shutdown penalty killing will be the difference
It’s called a power kill and it’s the sole reason we continue to play hockey. I actually cheered when the Oilers took a penalty after the Cats got on the board. Killed all of the Panthers momentum and that was the game.

The question is, how many were empty net goals, in those 3 games.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
One fanbase is going to be completely devastated on Monday. I hope it goes to OT and somebody accidently puts the puck in their own net.

No. Oilers fans will if they lose.

For most of us Panthers’ fans, the series ended yesterday. Game 7 is just a formality at this point.

So losing on Monday won’t do much.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Edmonton is a great team. We played them as best as we could the first three games and then totally got steamrolled the next three. I don’t know. It ain’t over until someone wins a 4th game but it’s really hard to feel optimistic as a Panthers fan.

If McDavid hoists the cup on our ice on Monday I don’t think the franchise will ever recover and I don’t know if the fanbase will ever have any faith in this team again.
Regardless of what happens in game 7 you guys have a very good team. Make some changes in the offseason and try to get back at it next season. Same for the Oiers regardless of the outcome of game 7.

Reactions: zar and IslesNbeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad