SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Been rooting for Florida but they're struggling hard right now. I hate to use cliches, but Edmonton just looks like they want it more. FLA is playing slow and they're constantly a step behind. EDM adjusted perfectly and they have all the momentum.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Unreal comeback from the Oilers. Game 7 should be amazing. Only once in NHL history has a team comeback from 3-0 in the SCF to win the cup. This is crazy....

Reactions: torontoblood

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The pressure is on EDM to win the cup. I don´t think McDavid or Hyman can replicate a run like this.
LOL what? Going up 3-0, getting shelled in game 4, came out flat game 5, lost 5-1 game 6. Game 7 on home ice and Florida has dropped 3 straight, outscored 18-5 over the last 3 games. On top of all that, they blew it in the final last year and now could also blow a 3-0 series lead at home in front of their fans. Edmonton dug themselves a 3-0 hole and have been rocketing themselves out of it. If they lose it will be disappointing but not crushing like it would be for FLA.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Seems like hockey is more of a team sport which allows for more variance in comparison to the other leagues.

Yes, but it is also a phenomena within the league itself. The league would go multiple decades without a 3-0 comeback until recently.

I mean, I think first time was in the 40s, 2nd time was the 70s, and then it didn't happen until 2010..... and now we are at the point where it could be the 3rd team since 2010 to do it. The blackhawks themselves were an ot goal away from adding to that list too.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
This is so much fun.

Rat throwing losers are going to clear out of the building on Monday by the middle of the 3rd period.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
The first year I can remember them having 2 days off between every game past #4. I imagine this will be a thing going forward

That & the missed calls prior to the 3-0 goal. A 2-1 game is within striking distance, Florida needed a jolt big time with how great EDM played defensively, once it became 3-0 that was it.
meh, there was missed calls both ways. Particularly Bennetts late hit after the whistle before the Panthers first PP, missed high stick on Perry and Drai, and other oiler I can't remember.

Panthers clearly thought they were winning in 4 and lost focus. Haven't been good enough since game 4. Now it's a one game winner take all. Panthers need a massive shift in frame of mind that they might not have, while the Oilers just need to keep doing what they have been doing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The first year I can remember them having 2 days off between every game past #4. I imagine this will be a thing going forward

That & the missed calls prior to the 3-0 goal. A 2-1 game is within striking distance, Florida needed a jolt big time with how great EDM played defensively, once it became 3-0 that was it.
What about the weak/missed calls that have benefited Florida? Like the Barkov dive for example?

Reactions: rhino71

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
With the Oilers' performance in the Finals in mind, I feel like Vancouver was not too far from making it to the end. Demko and who knows?

Silovs was literally Vancouver’s best player, and the only reason even he kept them in it was because Skinner had his worst series by a mile. Demko wasn’t getting them to the end

Reactions: McClelland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad