SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Panthers are going to be mentioned in EVERY Big 4 league playoff series that starts 3-0 from now until the end of time.

"The only teams to come back from 0-3 in the Big 4 sports leagues:"

1942 Toronto Maple Leafs over the Detroit Red Wings.
1975 New York Islanders over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
2004 Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees.
2010 Philadelphia Flyers over the Boston Bruins.
2014 Los Angeles Kings over the San Jose Sharks.
2024 Edmonton Oilers over the Florida Panthers.

If we isolate it to hockey and look at how many teams have forced a game 7 after being down 3-0...there are now 5 examples in the last 14 years.

It's not common but it's becoming more frequent for sure.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
it was a 5-1 game

It wasn't decided on the offside call, and if you make that argument it was a) 100% offside and b) How mentally weak and unprepared are the Panthers?

Paul Maurice may never coach in the NHL again if Florida loses this lol. He doesn't have a great record when it comes to these things.

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
I hate the Oilers with a passion but have to hand it to them with the resilience shown. Panthers choking away a 3-0 lead in a SC final will be remembered for a generation (provided they lose).

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The pressure is on EDM to win the cup. I don´t think McDavid or Hyman can replicate a run like this.

Every psychologist will tell that nothing that has happened matters when the game starts on Monday. It´s about winning one board battle, winning one period and in the end winning one game. I hope FLA wins but I will also be happy to see Leon with the cup in Cologne. May the better team win.

Florida hasn't played an elimation game yet. Edmonton has played 5...including the last 3 straight. I think they have will have the mental advantage....regardless of what you say about psychologists ;)

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
As long as Skinner keeps doing what he's doing, EDM has a real solid chance. You would hate to see him collapse like Bob and they get blown out like 6-1 or something. I really hope McDavid comes out possessed. He got his team back in it, tonight the team played for him and now we see if McDavid and Co. can complete this insane comeback.
Skinner has always had the ability to play really well in spurts and he's got hot at the right time. Very very temperamental goalie (and a very young one, which people forget!), but he's really settled into the occasion. Credit to the Oilers for sticking with him and giving him the confidence he's needed to keep the net.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
100%. I said this in the GDT but there's guaranteed to be one very sad fanbase on Monday. As a neutral fan it's fun.
Panthers fans will be much more devastated at a loss. Serious question, did anyone expect Oilers as a cup contender this year?

Oilers have a lot to be proud of regardless of outcome, but this was THE year for the Panthers, they'll never get a better chance than this.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If we isolate it to hockey and look at how many teams have forced a game 7 after being down 3-0...there are now 5 examples in the last 14 years.

It's not common but it's becoming more frequent for sure
Seems like hockey is more of a team sport which allows for more variance in comparison to the other leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad