SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1719026039801.png

HF fans picked oilers in 7 over Florida

FTR.. I was positive I picked Oilers in 7. I clearly picked Oilers in 6 and was wrong.

Reactions: Hippasus

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Matt Tkachuk likes to talk trash - he better win this or he’s going to be hearing a lot of Tkachoker next season

Reactions: Nfumass and iam76

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Panthers are going to be mentioned in EVERY Big 4 league playoff series that starts 3-0 from now until the end of time.

"The only teams to come back from 0-3 in the Big 4 sports leagues:"

1942 Toronto Maple Leafs over the Detroit Red Wings.
1975 New York Islanders over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
2004 Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees.
2010 Philadelphia Flyers over the Boston Bruins.
2014 Los Angeles Kings over the San Jose Sharks.
2024 Edmonton Oilers over the Florida Panthers.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
The one deal he made that make him a genius is the Ekholm trade. He has come in and been a god on the backside

Hyman as well was a great add. Beyond that some supporting players like Henrique, Janmark, Kulak etc have been good too.

There have been many more bad moves though.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
The knoblauch hire is one of the greatest hires of all time. Instantly turned their team into the best offensive and defensive team in the league, engineered the greatest PK we've ever seen, transformed their systems play overnight, and has totally and utterly outclassed every coach he's faced in the playoffs. One of the best coaching seasons in league history.
For what it's worth, I'll stand up for Tocchet and say that Tocchet coached Knoblauch and the Oilers the closest out of all four series we've seen. That was a great coaching battle with solid adjustments going both ways. But Knoblauch has made DeBoer and Maurice look like total amateurs. DeBoer and Maurice should never be given a job in the league again after being exposed so obscenely by a rookie coach. Embarrassing to watch.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I hate that the game is decided on an offside review where the puck+skate come into the zone at the same time.

Cat is out of the bag but in hindsight offside reviews have not been what many thought.

EDM takes it on Monday imo, they played phenomenal defensively tonight, if they do that again we will see history.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The boringest series in recent history is turning into one of the most interesting one. Let's just say game 7 on the road in the finals hasn't been kind to Canadian teams though...

This.

I think almost every non FLO/EDM fan just wanted this series to end after game 3, but every single one of us is fully invested now. No one will be missing game 7!

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Unbelievable that this is going 7. Either the Panthers get it together and win their first cup, or the Oilers complete the historic comeback and we see the greatest collapse of an NHL team since 1942. Either way, the last NHL hockey any of us will see until preseason in September. Always a sad day.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
The pressure is on EDM to win the cup. I don´t think McDavid or Hyman can replicate a run like this.

Every psychologist will tell that nothing that has happened matters when the game starts on Monday. It´s about winning one board battle, winning one period and in the end winning one game. I hope FLA wins but I will also be happy to see Leon with the cup in Cologne. May the better team win.

• Haha
Reactions: Thomas Tatar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad