SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
How many teams have been down 3-0 in the finals? Cant see it being a huge amount with only having the one finals per year. Bigger sample size in the other rounds

In a lot of cases I'd assume the team down 3-0 is the inferior team but I don't feel like that's the situation here

Regardless it's a highly unlikely scenario but at this point they only need to win 2 in a row

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1718978384894.png

HF's number 1 vote was tonight in 6 for the Panthers.

It's a weird psychological journey for the reverse sweep.

Eg. down 3-0.. you don't give a shit, sticks are loose
Down 3-1 .. you are expected to lose, no pressure
Down 3-2 - you just won 2 in a row, You are at home. Now the pressure is squarely on you!

Curious how the Oilers deal with the circumstances. I'm nervous as hell and, a week ago, I'd totally given up on the series and thought it'd be over by now.

Go Oilers and thrilled I get a Friday night game in Edmonton!

orange drop

Jun 30, 2023
How many teams have been down 3-0 in the finals? Cant see it being a huge amount with only having the one finals per year. Bigger sample size in the other rounds

In a lot of cases I'd assume the team down 3-0 is the inferior team but I don't feel like that's the situation here

Regardless it's a highly unlikely scenario but at this point they only need to win 2 in a row
I don't know how many times it has happened but I believe only the leafs have come back to win in 42 I think.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Honestly Draisaitl must be hobbled by injury... his play is merely human at this point. OTOH all this time off might work to his advantage.
He absolutely is. It’s forgotten the he was injured in the Dallas series significantly enough that he had to pull himself from a shift immediately after coming back from the room in Game 3.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
No NHL team has ever completed a reverse sweep in the 3rd or 4th round. Teams are tired and injured by that point. In the final there's always a few games that could have gone either way because of bounces. Elimination games are generally very tight. If the Oilers pull off a comeback they're going to need to be dominant and lucky.

Reactions: RattsSSV and Mike C

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
The one deal he made that make him a genius is the Ekholm trade. He has come in and been a god on the backside
The knoblauch hire is one of the greatest hires of all time. Instantly turned their team into the best offensive and defensive team in the league, engineered the greatest PK we've ever seen, transformed their systems play overnight, and has totally and utterly outclassed every coach he's faced in the playoffs. One of the best coaching seasons in league history.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The boringest series in recent history is turning into one of the most interesting one. Let's just say game 7 on the road in the finals hasn't been kind to Canadian teams though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad