SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Anybody have a still of the offside goal? Honestly curious because I thought it was offside originally but then inconclusive from the review. Would be nice seeing that top down view with the actual correct frame paused on it.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If Edmonton scores first next game it’s over . Florida won’t want to be remembered as the team that gave it away so I expect them to play like they did in games 1-3

Yup first goal is going to be massive. Florida has fallen apart defensively the last 3 games trying to get even after EDM goals. And with how good EDMs pk is the PP won't save them.

They badly need something to give them some confidence, but this is the SCF & the Oilers are running on all cylinders. There's no saving grace coming.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
How is there note more chatter about the offside review in this thread? Are we seriously all OK with this??
It is ruining the league. I honestly don't even care about game 7 after that call.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I've never bought into to conspiracy or corruption, but there is something fishy about that one.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Going to game 7 and losing is crushing regardless of how you got there.

The only difference is that of legacies cemented if the Oilers win this one.
If the Oilers win, this could be the first of more, if the front office does some moves in the offseason. Nurse needs to be shot into the sun.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If Edmonton scores first next game it’s over . Florida won’t want to be remembered as the team that gave it away so I expect them to play like they did in games 1-3
I agree, the first goal will be huge. If Florida scores first I think it will get their confidence back knowing they just need to win 1 game. As am Oiler fan, I hope Edmonton can get the first one.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
How is there note more chatter about the offside review in this thread? Are we seriously all OK with this??
It is ruining the league. I honestly don't even care about game 7 after that call.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I've never bought into to conspiracy or corruption, but there is something fishy about that one.
same rule for every single team. same rule for many years.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Vancouver was the best coached team we've faced thus far. That series was like watching a chess game between the two. I think the Dallas series Edmonton adjusted and Dallas never really changed back in response. We are seeing much the same so far in this series, but game 7 means it's anyone's game.
I'd like to play the Oilers again next year with Pettersson, Boeser, and Demko healthy. It was a great series and no matter what happens in game 7 this year, the stakes are going to be through the roof next year either way. Either the Oilers are defending cup champions, or are going for revenge after suffering the most tragic heartbreak in recent memory. It'd be a fun rivalry to watch!

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers had Demko out all series, a limp dick Elias Pettersson, Boeser getting a blood clot, and still barely squeaked by. They were lucky to get out of that series, but they have decidedly been the best team on the ice in the last two. Absolute masterclass from Knoblauch all the way through.

Makes this all the more difficult to stomach. Ah well.
Everyone laughs when i say this years Nucks were a better team than last years knights. I don't care.

stony

Feb 15, 2007
Monday is gonna be devastating for one fanbase. Not going to be an easy night. I can easily see this going either way.
I don't know. The start of this season was devastating. Their comeback in the regular season was amazing and gave me hope for the playoffs. The playoffs are something else though. There was always a sense of fragility that accompanied any series (PTSD as an Oilers fan) ... no lead ever seemed safe (except maybe game 4 of this series :nod:) Here, going down 0-3 and coming back to where they are ... if they lose game 7 I'll be a bit sad, but so proud of this team. This has been an amazing run.

Reactions: OilerMcLord

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1718344892442-jpeg.882654

made by an edmonton artist named veronica fuentes, for obviously a completely different context than the team getting bounced in the finals and i don’t want to make light of the real issue that requires real attention. but i am also enjoying that these stickers can now do two things at once.

lol they stopped the sweep

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
6 games in, and this definitely sounds weird having been down 3-0, but the Canucks were somehow able to outplay or at least battle the Oilers to a greater extent than the Panthers, lol. Series felt more balanced somehow (again, weird considering how this SCF series started).

I also think J.T. Miller and Boeser had been more dangerous than anyone on the Panthers currently.

No disrespect to the Panthers. They can obviously still beat the Oilers and have players who can turn things around.
But this matchup just feels.. different?
The Canucks were severely outplayed and this weird complex Canucks fans have needs to stop lmao. You lost in round 2, this is the SCF. Your team was inferior and lost for a reason, just move on buddy

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

They counted a hand tossed goal the year the Blues won the Cup. I wouldn't put it past the league if certain folks were manipulating stuff but we all see it, they know it and what can you do about it? Sometimes you got to beat the other team -and- the Zebras, so you do just that.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't know. The start of this season was devastating. Their comeback in the regular season was amazing and gave me hope for the playoffs. The playoffs are something else though. There was always a sense of fragility that accompanied any series (PTSD as an Oilers fan) ... no lead ever seemed safe (except maybe game 4 of this series :nod:) Here, going down 0-3 and coming back to where they are ... if they lose game 7 I'll be a bit sad, but so proud of this team. This has been an amazing run.
a bit sad?

Yes many positives of this finals but its either making history or basically nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad