SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sure, but time is a limiting factor. They need to get to a conclusion quickly because the officials won't be waiting around for them to complete a comprehensive analysis. We have the luxury of time as viewers when the play is officially under review but that's a tough call for the video team with a gun to their head.

Maybe they have a replay that we don't have that made it crystal clear, but watching the ESPN feed, I can't say with 100% certainty that the play was offside. I can say it's likely that it was offside, but unless I'm wrong, I still think the replay has to be conclusive to overturn a call, which basically to me is a threshold that leaves no doubt whatsoever in order to overturn via video review.
There were pictures in this thread showing angles that showed that it was offside by a couple inches

If it ever feels in doubt chances are you don't have the angles

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
how did the Oil making Game 7 become about Vancouver next season?

I don't know but speaking for fellow Canucks fans I agree this is a big 'what if' for us. When you lose your 2nd most important player the very 1st game of the playoffs, then lose your hottest scorer right before game 7, and still take the cup winners to 1 goal in game 7 (after having success against them all season) I think it's natural for any fan to think things could've gone differently.

And I honestly don't mean that to disrespect Oilers fans at all, EDM played great in our series especially 6-7, they earned it 100% but it just sucks not having those difference makers in such a tight series when it's 2 great teams going at it.

Total credit to the Oilers. They faced adversity in those moments against VAN & carried it on to breeze thru Dallas. And I think they turned to that experience when down 0-3 in this series aswell. Now they are on the cusp of history.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Mcdavid taking an off day on the points in game 6 with the biggest game of his life next should be terrifying for the panthers…

Yeah, that's one of the scariest things for FLA.

The way he was going was unsustainable even for him, but now he's going to be as hungry and determined as ever. I expect at least two points. Won't be surprised by more.

Reactions: Matty Sundin

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I don't know but speaking for fellow Canucks fans I agree this is a big 'what if' for us. When you lose your 2nd most important player the very 1st game of the playoffs, then lose your hottest scorer right before game 7, and still take the cup winners to 1 goal in game 7 (after having success against them all season) I think it's natural for any fan to think things could've gone differently.

And I honestly don't mean that to disrespect Oilers fans at all, EDM played great in our series especially 6-7, they did earn it 100% but it just sucks not having those difference makers in such a tight series when it's 2 great teams going at it. It'd be like the Oil not having Bouchard & Hyman or something.

But again total credit to the Oilers. They faced adversity in those moments against VAN & carried it on to breeze thru Dallas. And I think they turned to that experience when down 0-3 in this series aswell.

None of it means anything. They will never admit to getting breaks, and ultimately it doesn't matter because they're a game away from the Stanley Cup.

I've made peace with whatever happens. Connor was eventually going to figure out how to win.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Panthers are going to be mentioned in EVERY Big 4 league playoff series that starts 3-0 from now until the end of time.

"The only teams to come back from 0-3 in the Big 4 sports leagues:"

1942 Toronto Maple Leafs over the Detroit Red Wings.
1975 New York Islanders over the Pittsburgh Penguins.
2004 Boston Red Sox over the New York Yankees.
2010 Philadelphia Flyers over the Boston Bruins.
2014 Los Angeles Kings over the San Jose Sharks.
2024 Edmonton Oilers over the Florida Panthers.
If the Oilers win, they will be the only team in the big 4 to comeback in the 4th round of the playoffs. The Leafs only played 2 rounds. None of the other teams came back to win the championship.

It would truly be historic.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
How is there note more chatter about the offside review in this thread? Are we seriously all OK with this??
It is ruining the league. I honestly don't even care about game 7 after that call.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I've never bought into to conspiracy or corruption, but there is something fishy about that one.
I thought the offside was so close the goal was going to count until they showed a picture with one angle that made it look offside but definitely a really close one.

Last edited:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I wanted them to challenge the second it seemed close. It is a testament of faith on you PK and totally worth the risk to take a goal off the board

PS - And I agree...but it does and until it doesn't rules are rules and tools are to be used.
Yes, I am in agreement on the PS. It's not time to muse on what's right/wrong in the universe, it's time to make a decision.

Reactions: snag

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver

And I honestly don't mean that to disrespect Oilers fans at all, EDM played great in our series especially 6-7, they earned it 100% but it just sucks not having those difference makers in such a tight series when it's 2 great teams going at it.

Total credit to the Oilers. They faced adversity in those moments against VAN & carried it on to breeze thru Dallas. And I think they turned to that experience when down 0-3 in this series aswell. Now they are on the cusp of history.
Yeah, don't get me wrong - I'm not saying "man it sucks the Canucks weren't 100% against the Oilers" to say that we would've beaten them and that they're lucky to make it this far. I'm saying that because I think the two teams have the potential for a great rivalry and watching them both go at it again in a competitive 7 game series would be a series to remember. I think McDavid and Draisaitl aren't even as healthy as they could be, either - that makes what they're doing this year all the more impressive. The Oilers have a lot of room to get even better as a team next year - and thats scary.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Credit to the Oilers for not really buckling after giving up that goal early in the 3rd. I absolutely expected that game to turn into a fire drill from that point on but they kinda just kept locking things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad