SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The Canucks were severely outplayed and this weird complex Canucks fans have needs to stop lmao. You lost in round 2, this is the SCF. Your team was inferior and lost for a reason, just move on buddy

No, they weren't. Easy to gloat when you're on top, but Oilers fans were sweating bullets in that series. It was a nailbiter.

Better team won in the end, but don't act like it was a sweep.

Also "Canucks fans in shambles" with every goal the Oilers score, but apparently we're the ones with the complex...

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We have come to the three words all fans live to hear when a series is down to one game: WINNER TAKES ALL.

So ready for Monday!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd like to play the Oilers again next year with Pettersson, Boeser, and Demko healthy. It was a great series and no matter what happens in game 7 this year, the stakes are going to be through the roof next year either way. Either the Oilers are defending cup champions, or are going for revenge after suffering the most tragic heartbreak in recent memory. It'd be a fun rivalry to watch!
how did the Oil making Game 7 become about Vancouver next season?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
all missed calls matter IMO

We won't see eye to eye on this. Just because the Oilers scored or the Panthers did doesn't make a missed call more or less important.Refs need more consistency, that I will agree with, however you are making it seem like the game hinged on those missed call against the Panthers. Which is simply not true. The Florida Panthers lost the last 3 games, not the refs.

No I wouldn't go that far, I'd say potentially hinged but EDMs still in the driver's seat at 2-1 & with the way they were playing could've easily scored the next goal, but for a FLA team that desperately needed a break it certainly ended the game.

That's where Florida is at right now, mentally they are shook. They need something to go their way to break this funk & aren't getting it. EDM on the other hand is building as the games have gone on & are playing their best hockey of the series. I don't see a contradiction here.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
They counted a hand tossed goal the year the Blues won the Cup. I wouldn't put it past the league if certain folks were manipulating stuff but we all see it, they know it and what can you do about it? Sometimes you got to beat the other team -and- the Zebras, so you do just that.
What exactly are you talking about.

The rule is very clear.

The replay was very clear.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
After game 5, I felt more devastated than after today’s loss. The pragmatic approach says that there’s another team you’re going against and they want it too. A team that has the best player in the world. Furthermore, it doesn’t matter the order of your wins as long as you win. But man, one can’t help but feel terrible if you lose after being up 3-0. That for sure is worse than the team that rallied. Nobody would diss the Oilers, if anything, valiant effort and proud of the push. But for Panthers it would be the epic collapse and letting the lead slip away. Either way, of course both fan bases would be disappointed. But after 30 years of misery to come to our 3rd final (second in a row) and lose in this manner…real tough to swallow. At least Oilers have history to fall back on. This would just be more misery for Panthers history. But hey, it’s 1 more game, winner takes all. Never lose belief. Here’s to a great one. An epic game 7.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Im f***in loving the chaos......
After first 3 games it looked like the Panthers face fudged the oilys good.... Next 3 games, turns out the Panthers became Eunuchs..

Game 7... Showdown ... Monday night party it is.
Go team.

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
Congrats to EDM...savor every moment...every second...there's nothing like it.

It stays with you forever. I'm eating my crow.
So much props to you, bud. I'm a neutral fan in all of this, but you have consistently been the most respectful and level-headed fan in these threads. The world needs infinitely more of you. I hope one day to buy and share a shot of your choosing. (Unless it's Malort, in which case you're drinking alone).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Panthers are already planning their celebration in Miami with the Celtics

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Just to be devil's advocate, if the appeal failed and resulting Panthers PP succeeded and gave them a boost on the scoreboard and on the momentum chart, we all know damned well there would have been an uproar directed at Oilers coaching staff.
It was a shrewd decision, and I still say it took guts even though the anemic Panthers PP was a factor.

PS
I still wish the offside review did not exist.

I wanted them to challenge the second it seemed close. It is a testament of faith on you PK and totally worth the risk to take a goal off the board

PS - And I agree...but it does and until it doesn't rules are rules and tools are to be used.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Just to be devil's advocate, if the appeal failed and resulting Panthers PP succeeded and gave them a boost on the scoreboard and on the momentum chart, we all know damned well there would have been an uproar directed at Oilers coaching staff.
It was a shrewd decision, and I still say it took guts even though the anemic Panthers PP was a factor.

PS
I still wish the offside review did not exist.
You know that Oilers have a greater chance of scoring a short handed goal than allowing one on a FLA PP.

;)

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
you can't be serious.
Florida has a loud crowd.

The first goal will be massive.

In 87, Flyers scored first. Oilers scored three unanswered to take the cup in game 7.

Since then, there have been 8 game 7's in the SCF. Not once has there been a lead change or even an equalizing goal. The team scoring first has always won.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
No, they weren't. Easy to gloat when you're on top, but Oilers fans were sweating bullets in that series. It was a nailbiter.

Better team won in the end, but don't act like it was a sweep.

Also "Canucks fans in shambles" with every goal the Oilers score, but apparently we're the ones with the complex...
Outplayed for 70% of the series and should have lost in 6. Continuously having your fans come in to every series saying how you played us better which somehow equates to you now winning the cup. Talk about delusional.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Game 7 is a coin toss. Ridiculously happy to see the Oil will their way into a game 7 from 0-3 but the Panthers are the cup favorites for a reason.
If these games were close I'd agree with you. But Oilers have dominated them since they started winning that any chances of Florida winning looks slim atm.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The home team has a clear advantage challenging a call because they usually have a team upstairs whose entire job it is to pour through every available replay and relay down to the bench if it should be challenged or not. The coach on the bench isn't making that call alone. Florida wouldn't have that same team available most likely being on the road. Just sour grapes from Maurice.

Sure, but time is a limiting factor. They need to get to a conclusion quickly because the officials won't be waiting around for them to complete a comprehensive analysis. We have the luxury of time as viewers when the play is officially under review but that's a tough call for the video team with a gun to their head.

Maybe they have a replay that we don't have that made it crystal clear, but watching the ESPN feed, I can't say with 100% certainty that the play was offside. I can say it's likely that it was offside, but unless I'm wrong, I still think the replay has to be conclusive to overturn a call, which basically to me is a threshold that leaves no doubt whatsoever in order to overturn via video review.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
how did the Oil making Game 7 become about Vancouver next season?
I'm just responding to another Oiler fan about our mutual interest in a rematch next season. Not a big deal. It was a fun series and I'm eager to see another matchup with this Oilers team. Enjoy your win, I'm rooting for you at this point to finish off the craziest pro-sports comeback I've seen in my lifetime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad