SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

TheOne

Jun 15, 2023
I had no idea what Malort was until you posted it.
Thank you for the kind words. If you are ever in Tampa...HMU...i'll gladly meet up for a drink.
Same for you in Chicago! And if you find yourself in Chicago, no matter what, never try Malort!!!

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
That it was 3-0 doesn't matter now. The odds of a series comeback increase after each win.

FLA has home ice advantage, but EDM has momentum and McDavid. I have a feeling EDM will take Game Seven, but it's far from a certainty. I feel there's a good chance whoever scores first will win.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
My only issue with any of this is that I don't think that the, 'if only Demko was healthy' thing is any kind of 'bad luck' that went against Vancouver.

Demko is injury-prone, he breaks down. Vancouver chose to build around him anyway and it didn't work out so (IMO... not that anyone asked) those are just breaks, not bad luck.

It'd be like an Oiler fan saying we'd have already beaten Florida if only Mattias Janmark was scoring more powerplay goals. Well, that was never gonna happen anyway.

Hate to bog down the thread with off topic stuff but this is a ridiculous post. He was overriden in 21-22 leading to playing thru injury & ultimately missing time in 22-23. Thats it.

This was a freak injury & they were over cautious with him prior to the playoffs. It was just bad luck.

(Sorry oil fans)

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Oilers still haven't won shit yet and the whole episode while magical has to be complete for the pundits to really lay it out. You know if they lose on Monday almost none of this matters.

But hypothetically if they actually manage to pull it out on Monday, my God there are not enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe how amazing that would be for the oil and how historically epic of a collapse that would be for Florida. You'd have to think the Oilers' roster is pretty safe no matter what happens, and well, the Panthers possibly, just maybe, would consider blowing it up if they choke this away. Or at the very least very serious roster changes.

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Edmonton has faced elimination 5 times in these playoffs and they find many f***ing ways to get the W.

Florida is C-O-O-K-E-D lmao, anybody expecting a close game on Monday especially with McDrai on the other side + Edmonton's momentum is expecting a major disappointment. It should be 6-1 Final on Monday barring any crazy shenanigans.

McDavid --> Nuge --> Leon for order of cup raises.

Reactions: dsi and McNuge

Lannes

🇮🇱🇮🇱🇮🇱
May 5, 2024
Hate to bog down the thread with off topic stuff but this is a ridiculous post. He was overriden in 21-22 leading to playing thru injury & ultimately missing time in 22-23. Thats it.

This was a freak injury & they were over cautious with him prior to the playoffs. It was just bad luck.

(Sorry oil fans)

Sooooo your argument is he's not injury-prone because he's only missed significant time in the last three consecutive seasons?

Okay.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Canucks were severely outplayed and this weird complex Canucks fans have needs to stop lmao. You lost in round 2, this is the SCF. Your team was inferior and lost for a reason, just move on buddy
Hey, if they want to crown themselves the 2024 Excuses Cup Champions, it's cool.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Saw a punk band last week from Edmonton (called Choke) on tour with A Wilhelm Scream in Toronto.... Bassist sporting an Oilers jersey, I jokingly chipped him from the crowd, cheering on the Panthers (they made it 3-0 that night). Irony of the Panthers being the ones to Choke now. 🤣 Monday night is gonna be epic one way or another.....

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Oilers nerves will match that of the Cats on Monday. This is worse case scenario for the cats obviously but going against McDavid in a winner take all game is probably scary to put it lightly.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Maurice: "There's no way I would have challenged that"
Knoblauch, 20 minutes later: "I wanted to challenge it right away"

Entirely different perspective. Oilers are one of the most dominant clubs on special teams in recent playoff history, Florida powerplays have only been a confidence booster for EDM.

I think you challenge that every time as Knoblauch given how important the swing was & how great your PK is.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
None of it means anything. They will never admit to getting breaks, and ultimately it doesn't matter because they're a game away from the Stanley Cup.

I've made peace with whatever happens. Connor was eventually going to figure out how to win.
one lesser adversary flies the white flag - Hogtown could learn a lesson

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
How is there note more chatter about the offside review in this thread? Are we seriously all OK with this??
It is ruining the league. I honestly don't even care about game 7 after that call.

It makes no sense whatsoever. I've never bought into to conspiracy or corruption, but there is something fishy about that one.
It was way too close to declare an overturn. You don't call that BS in game 6 of the Final. Should have been 2-1 one minute into the 2nd with Florida getting some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad