SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
A 2hr time zone change is not the circadian rhythm destroyer you might think it is. On average it's one day of recovery per time zone shift. Panthers should be more than fine by Saturday.

Oh shit man....1 hr is the point of destruction. I mean, the amount of people that bitch about DST and yet have no problem hopping time zones for some fun in the sun.....

The best one I ever heard: It is hard on the cows because their milking schedule gets shifted ROFL

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Because most people always thought better offensive team = better team which is DEFINITELY not the case.

The most massive misconception of human nature that never been solved.
I would suggest a successful team builds on its strengths. Getting McDavid was a huge win but they have failed to find people to play around him to add to his offence, and of course haven't drafted a Goalie since Fuhr. Edmonton just doesn't draft well, the few that have been good recently scored tonight. If your system can't supply a solid 4th line you know you are in trouble.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I’ve never seen a team get luckier than the Oilers in this playoffs. First they get matched up against arguably the worst team in the playoffs with LA, then they face the Canucks who lost their starter for the entire series and then their best goal scorer for Game 7. Then Dallas plays without their #1C for the first 3 games and Tanev played Games 5 and 6 with one foot.

Now that they’re facing a healthy team for the first time this playoffs, they’re gettting exposed

I feel compelled to step in and say that I think the Capitals -- and nothing against the Caps -- were by far the worst team in the playoffs. They were something like a -37 goal differential in the regular season. Edmonton did well to beat Dallas in the WCF... Stars are an excellent team.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I’ve never seen a team get luckier than the Oilers in this playoffs. First they get matched up against arguably the worst team in the playoffs with LA, then they face the Canucks who lost their starter for the entire series and then their best goal scorer for Game 7. Then Dallas plays without their #1C for the first 3 games and Tanev played Games 5 and 6 with one foot.

Now that they’re facing a healthy team for the first time this playoffs, they’re gettting exposed
Reminds me of the Kings in 2012, except they won the ultimate prize. Faced Daniel-less Canucks for first 3 games in 1st round, a Blues team with AP down, and then the Coyotes, enough said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Buyout Nurse this summer and get rid of Ceci. I can’t believe they put Ceci back in tonight, he’s pure trash. He makes Dehairnais look like a franchise dman.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I don't think Knoblauch is a bad coach or doing a bad job. I think he's done a good job to get that team here. Shaky blue line and goaltending, it's tough to win four playoff series with that situation.
Yup. Things were looking pretty grim in that Vancouver series and he managed to get us out of that one even though we had to start Pickard

Reactions: Dread Clawz

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

It's going to be great hearing in the post-game pressers that McDavid was playing with an injury or Draisaitl was playing with an injury, etc, etc.

Not because I am hoping they were/are injured, but because it's going to be hilarious that we're going to have 4 chicken coops worth of egg on some folk's faces.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Reminds me of the Kings in 2012, except they won the ultimate prize. Faced Daniel-less Canucks for first 3 games in 1st round, a Preds team that was self destructing with off-ice drama, and then the Coyotes, enough said.
I was going to say that the 02-03 Canucks, actually.

Played a flu ravaged Blues team (and I think Pronger was injured?), then the Wild, which should've been a cake walk, but Bertuzzi ran his mouth and Cloutier had one of his patented meltdowns.

A lot of parallels, IMO, to the WCE-era Canucks and current year Oilers.

Reactions: tigermask48

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
A 2hr time zone change is not the circadian rhythm destroyer you might think it is. On average it's one day of recovery per time zone shift. Panthers should be more than fine by Saturday.
True but each 1,000 feet of elevation adds another day, ppl forget that. So by the time the Panthers are accclimated it’s Tuesday and they are back in Florida. Vicious cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad