SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’ve never seen a team get luckier than the Oilers in this playoffs. First they get matched up against arguably the worst team in the playoffs with LA, then they face the Canucks who lost their starter for the entire series and then their best goal scorer for Game 7. Then Dallas plays without their #1C for the first 3 games and Tanev played Games 5 and 6 with one foot.

Now that they’re facing a healthy team for the first time this playoffs, they’re gettting exposed

Facts!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Reminds me of the Kings in 2012, except they won the ultimate prize. Faced Daniel-less Canucks for first 3 games in 1st round, a Preds team that was self destructing with off-ice drama, and then the Coyotes, enough said.
TF are you talking about? The Kings ripped through all the top ranked teams..
Canuck’s, Blues, Yotes out west then the Devils

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Congrats to the Panthers and their actual fans, not the clowns who seem to only watch hockey to watch McDavid not win a Cup.

Florida was the only team I could see beating the Oilers going into the postseason, but I’m pretty disappointed so far and being down 3-0 is really unexpected.

Unfortunately, barring some miracle, it appears that McDavid and the Oilers are going to have to experience the classic “lose in the Finals first” journey before winning it all.

Again, congrats to Florida.

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
Is there really any other way this final could have gone? Edmonton...

- Got to play a weak LA team first round
- Played an injury depleted Vancouver team second round
- Played a tired Dallas team who had to get through Vegas and Colorado

Usually a team with that kind of luck runs out before the final. That's a good thing for viewers. This is the result when it doesn't. A potential Stanley Cup final sweep.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I will never understand why Dallas refused to take the body to the Oilers. You got guys like Benn as your captain and they didn’t want to lay a single hit against the Oilers. They’re likely seeing now that had they played more physical and more aggressive, then it could have been them in the cup final.

Florida is showing right now that when you take the body and attack the Oilers blueline, the Oilers D will crumble and cough up the puck over and over again. But instead the Stars refused to lay the body on the Oilers D and instead made them look like superstars. Pete Deboer is probably kicking themselves right now.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Is there really any other way this final could have gone? Edmonton...

- Got to play a weak LA team first round
- Played an injury depleted Vancouver team second round
- Played a tired Dallas team who had to get through Vegas and Colorado

Usually a team with that kind of luck runs out before the final. That's a good thing for viewers. This is the result when it doesn't. A potential Stanley Cup final sweep.
You're forgetting the most important factor.

Florida is just outright far better in every spectrum. Excuses will never explicitly show how far apart they are, but it's there.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.
Guy’s team is about to get swept and he’s still claiming his team is better. Man, I envy your shamelessness.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I will never understand why Dallas refused to take the body to the Oilers. You got guys like Benn as your captain and they didn’t want to lay a single hit against the Oilers. They’re likely seeing now that had they played more physical and more aggressive, then it could have been them in the cup final.

Florida is showing right now that when you take the body and attack the Oilers blueline, the Oilers D will crumble and cough up the puck over and over again. But instead the Stars refused to lay the body on the Oilers D and instead made them look like superstars. Pete Deboer is probably kicking themselves right now.

Dallas is soft and they knew it, if they tried to play too physical Edmonton would win that battle pretty easily.

I don't think enough is being said about how big of an upgrade OEL, Kulikov and Mikkola VS Staal, Mahura and Gudas is for this edition of the panthers. Ekblad and Montour are healthy this year as well.

:clap:

273 GA in 2022-23 vs. 200 GA in 2023-24.....almost 1 goal per game less over 82 is absolutely huge.

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Thank you Florida. Just a really heart felt thank you. A thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Barkov - an elite player. A player fans of other teams salivate over. Can shut down the ribbon wrapped gift that fell in the oilers lap in 2015 and can make a mockery of your defence. Thank you Barkov.

Thank you to everything and all involved with the Florida panthers. Even the guy that takes out the trash.

Thank you.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Embarrassing. Seriously. The hubris at 0-3 is off the charts.

WOw. Just wow. Zip it and shut your pie hole. Give the other team the respect they deserve.

These grapes are sour AF
I mean to be fair he's the coach he can't just say - "hey we suck let's just hope we don't lose this on home ice!"

He's just saying stuff to say stuff don't read to much into it

Reactions: Joe MacMillan

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Embarrassing. Seriously. The hubris at 0-3 is off the charts.

WOw. Just wow. Zip it and shut your pie hole. Give the other team the respect they deserve.

These grapes are sour AF
Smart thing to say would be “we believe we have a chance but we just haven’t been good enough in this series, we need to be better”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad