SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McDavid - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Kucherov - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Matthews - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs

Barkov - OK regular season, historical playoff performance

Coincidence?

I mean Barkov didn’t have just an ok season, but he is proving a point. That points are not always the telling tale of having a great season or being the best player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Imagine being Philip Broberg. You’re a rookie who gets inserted into the lineup in the conference finals. Very little experience.

Now you’re playing top 4 minutes on your off side and your partner is Darnell Nurse

Sheesh!

Thought he looked pretty good though. Great skater
Probably Oilers' 3rd-best defenseman. Puzzling why he was kept out of the lineup, to be honest.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
is this the worst stanley cup beating in recent memory?

edm does not look like they belong on same ice with the Panthers.. which is weird because they supposedly have the two best players in the world. :sarcasm:

oh and a defenceman better than Hughes.

The Oilers overachieved, just like during their 16 game win streak in the regular season. Now they’ve come back down to earth and have ran out of puck luck.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Imagine being Philip Broberg. You’re a rookie who gets inserted into the lineup in the conference finals. Very little experience.

Now you’re playing top 4 minutes on your off side and your partner is Darnell Nurse

Sheesh!

Adrenaline. Next game he’ll be much worse. I’ve seen it happen many times.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McDavid - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Kucherov - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Matthews - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs

Barkov - OK regular season, historical playoff performance

Coincidence?
How on earth is Barkov's playoff performance historic?

And wait, how is McDavid subpar in the playoffs? Guy has 34 points. Barkov has 21, by the way.

Such strange romanticization.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
That 2006 Oilers team had the goaltending, defense and depth.
What a fluke injury to Roloson in game 1 sunk them, they took Carolina to 7.
Came back from 2-0 and 3-1 down in that series too. There’s a reason members of that team still get ovations when they are at games.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Sheesh!

I think he's been a top 5 player for Oilers in this series.

Reactions: NeverForget06

snag

Feb 22, 2014
The Panthers are just a nightmare team for Bouchard .
Needs to quit waiting for the clear lane.....if they are in the way so be it and start bouncing some 94mph zingers off the ankles then. Not sure why they are always waiting for the lane. MAKE IT. Shoot it and either they will get the f*** out of the way or go down.....it ain't science. Hell, you also never know what bounce you'll get.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I really thought McDavid would show up and win today then lose the next one.

I know EDM fans don't want to hear it but I appreciate not blaming the refs as much.

It seems like you finally realized that you are just overmatched. Major props to you.

I have NO DOUBT McDavid will win a cup in EDM. Need goalie help and another puck moving D man.

I do not want any panther fan to think that Tampa has anything to do with your success.

You guys are playing elite level hockey...but a little part of me wants to believe that you learned playoff hockey from playing against us. You saw...you did what you needed to...just let me have that little bit. Barkov is fing amazing.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He's not wrong. Oilers have been the better team in 2 out of the 3 games. Oilers have outshot the Panthers 86 to 62 this series

As I said, sometimes the better team doesn't win the series. Luck factors into hockey more than any other sport. The sooner fans realize this the better.
I’ve never understood why shots on net is the measurement for who is the better team.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Needs to quit waiting for the clear lane.....if they are in the way so be it and start bouncing some 94mph zingers off the ankles then. Not sure why they are always waiting for the lane. MAKE IT. Shoot it and either they will get the f*** out of the way or go down.....it ain't science. Hell, you also never know what bounce you'll get.
I agree but that's how he plays. Maybe he will adjust in game 4, but this team is the worst matchup for his style , and how he likes to start breakouts too. Panthers feast on that kind of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad