SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
its pretty obvious that the oilers need to shoot the puck and get to the net instead of trying to pass the puck into the net. the panthers are a great team so you have to grind out goals and STOP LEAVING EVAN RODRIQUES OPEN
They've been grinding, but Bob has kept the puck out. For example, there was a sequence in game 1 where there was a huge scramble and Oilers got like 5 chances within 10 seconds or so, and Bob saved them all.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
This could be the first time since 1995 (Devils and Rockets) and only the third time overall (other time was 83 Islanders and 76ers) that both NBA and NHL finals are sweeps in the same season.

Interesting that in 1983 it was also the Oilers on the receiving end. I bet there's a lot of people in Alberta who hope the next 6-7 years turn out the same way as they did back then.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Ok so.. I flipped the game on when it was 1-1 and all I want to know is.. what the f*** is ESPN doing with the crowd noise?

It sounded like a preseason game in September. The NHL is such a clown league, how is any casual viewer supposed to turn that on and want to watch it? I'm a die hard hockey fan and I couldn't get it off my TV fast enough.

Also, as I said after game 2, Florida's been planning the parade since they beat the Rangers.

Rangers fans can step back from the ledge and realize that nobody was beating that team this year. I think the Rangers and FLA are the two best teams in the league, bias notwithstanding. Dallas is too old and Oettinger is severely overrated.

Congrats Panthers fans, you guys have an absolute juggernaut of a team. Would not be surprised to see you guys in a Tampa-esque situation in the Finals for the next couple years. Will see what happens with Reinhart here in the offseason

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
is this the worst stanley cup beating in recent memory?

edm does not look like they belong on same ice with the Panthers.. which is weird because they supposedly have the two best players in the world. :sarcasm:

oh and a defenceman better than Hughes.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Edmonton Divesaitls, that's what these pretenders should be called. To have the audacity to blame the refs to get this far is pathetic when they had the easiest run since 2006 to get to the Finals.
I know you’re just saying stuff for fun but the 2006 oilers team went through a gauntlet to get to the finals lol

Reactions: Joe MacMillan

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
McDavid - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Kucherov - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs
Matthews - Historical regular season, subpar playoffs

Barkov - OK regular season, historical playoff performance

Coincidence?
ESPN raving about him nonstop too. I'm glad he's finally getting his props .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad