SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Most panthers fans I saw at that point were like "yeah he should probably get something for that."

I didn't see too many arguing it was OK.
When the reverse angle came out two days later, yeah, everyone thought that easily could’ve been a suspension. I think who initiated the contact had something to do with it not being disciplined, but who knows, they (dops) seem to make it up as they go along. Still wonder why it took two days to see the reverse angle.

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Looking around here and various social media...oilers give zero credit to the Panthers.

None. It's a ref blaming. Pages and pages. No credit to Bob or Barkov.

Wow. I guess the rude awakening will never happen if it hasn't after 0-2.

The bigger the hubris, the bigger the fall.
Meh… this long time Oilers fan recognizes that the Panthers are the favorite for a reason and that it’s going to take McDrai going nuclear to turn things around. The Oilers may peak higher but the Panthers are a better and more balanced team overall. The Oilers aren’t quite there yet, imo.

Part of what you are perceiving as a lack of respect for the Panthers is the fact that Oilers fans have an especially intense love hate relationship with their team - a consequence of 15 years of utter futility and clownish incompetence, followed by a few years of promise and relative success stymied by a number of mind numbingly stupid GM moves, coaching decisions, and even player decisions in important games. The Oiler are so, so, SO often their own worst enemy in so so SO many ways that it’s become an unfortunate and kind of toxic reflex for Oilfans to fixate exclusively on the team’s shortcomings and ignore the fact that there’s another team out there imposing their own will on the game. Not sure what to make of the Bob comment, though - I’ve seen near universal recognition in Oiler fandom and media that not only is he the far better goalie but that he’s near unbeatable and all but stole game 1. I hope McDrai do indeed go nuclear - Oilfans have seen it a few times and it’s an impressive thing to witness - but this series is and always was the Panthers’ to lose.

Last edited:

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Looking around here and various social media...oilers give zero credit to the Panthers.

None. It's a ref blaming. Pages and pages. No credit to Bob or Barkov.

Wow. I guess the rude awakening will never happen if it hasn't after 0-2.

The bigger the hubris, the bigger the fall.

Now think of their reaction if the Oilers are eliminated at home.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
There’s nothing wrong with this lol. Happens a lot in scrums, if he choked him out it’d actually be a problem. Not at all comparable to anything else being discussed (soucy, Bennett, drai, etc.), I hope you’re being sarcastic here…
Since it is so common, happens in every NHL game. Right. Choke holds are common. They go through that in preseason right

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I honestly think Bennet hit on Marchand was a reverse hit, you can't compare these two at all

Yeah the two hits aren’t even close to the same. It’s just a lame attempt by some fans to pick a controversial hit by a player on the Panthers to argue that the Drai hit is fine. It doesn’t even make logical sense. Even if Bennett should have been suspended how does that impact Draisaitl for a completely different hit.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yeah the two hits aren’t even close to the same. It’s just a lame attempt by some fans to pick a controversial hit by a player on the Panthers to argue that the Drai hit is fine. It doesn’t even make logical sense. Even if Bennett should have been suspended how does that impact Draisaitl for a completely different hit.

What does the Marchand hit have to do with this series? Oilers fans are grasping at straws.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There’s nothing wrong with this lol. Happens a lot in scrums, if he choked him out it’d actually be a problem. Not at all comparable to anything else being discussed (soucy, Bennett, drai, etc.), I hope you’re being sarcastic here…

The wasn't just an arm around the neck holding the guy back. He was strangling him. He was tapping out for Christ's sake!! f***, just look at his eyes!! THAT does not happen all the time. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and be a normal human about it.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The wasn't just an arm around the neck holding the guy back. He was strangling him. He was tapping out for Christ's sake!! f***, just look at his eyes!! Take off your Oilers hate goggles and be a normal human about it.

Tapping out eh? You mean like one of those UFC matches?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The wasn't just an arm around the neck holding the guy back. He was strangling him. He was tapping out for Christ's sake!! f***, just look at his eyes!! THAT does not happen all the time. Take off your Oilers hate goggles and be a normal human about it.
It’s the sleeper hold. Just puts him to sleep for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Avsfan1921

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
What does the Marchand hit have to do with this series? Oilers fans are grasping at straws.

They were both dirty, and both got nothing from NHL DOPS. That's why they are being compared.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
I argued with Van fans till I was blue in the face that petterson deserved his charging penalty last series. I am not a blind hater, but you are a homer if you think that needs disciplinary action.

This is absolutely as nothing of a play as there is. He lost air for a second,whoopy. I know what that feeling is like as I work under air regularly, and when you all of a sudden lose air supply when it’s unexpected of course he’s in a panic. It causes no harm and is much better than getting any of cross checked, slashed, hit in any way. As a normal human, I’d prefer to be shocked momentarily with absolutely no other outcome than be hit in any way unexpectedly.

Nothing play, only those that are looking for a retaliatory arguement would use this as a (very flimsy) example.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Hopefully Barkov plays next game. Would be a super lame way to get back into the series by taking a run at their star player.

That said this is the biggest game of the year for the Oilers. 1st game they dictated the play but couldn't break Bobby. 2nd was pretty much the opposite . In 2 games they got 1 weak goal against Bob. They need to show why they are considered the #1 offensive powerhouse in the league. This may be the closet they ever get to the cup with McDavid. It's now or never.

Guys like Kane need to put the after whistle scrums and physical play to the side and start contributing . Driasiatl needs to get out of his feelings and play better. He looks complete opposite of how he played vs Vancouver and Dallas. McDavid needs help out there. Dude is skating end to end doing circles around the other team and no one is helping.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

Bouchards eyes you say?

giphy.gif

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
You really believe using an RNC until a guy taps out in hockey is no big deal. If he let him go when he tapped out I could maybe see the point, but Ekblad kept going. Nothing play. Happens all the time. BS. Name one other time. Someone choked out a player. This is not some arm around the head from the side.

I am not prude on hitting. I had little issue with Draisatls hit. Bad luck he caught his jaw, but looked like a minor, if that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad